Put on your own Screen illuminator

Topics related to Teknetics metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Bors

Put on your own Screen illuminator

Post by Bors » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:28 am

023.JPG
To any of the Detectorists that have no back light on their screen I thought You`d might like to see one I put on My T2 SE. Its an American made light that clips onto the side of your Screen housing and uses a single battery . A guy custom makes them and is handy for illuminating the screen as & when needed .
I have to confess I did have to add a strengthening bead of Body filler to the light unit, as where a piece of it is glued together, that parted when I put it on the machine parted , but after adding a bit of strength to the bit which needed strengthening Its now doing the job perfect. It would have probably cost more to send it back to the USA than just fix it myself so thats what I did , fix it myself.

Junior

Re: Put on your own Screen illuminator

Post by Junior » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:45 am

If u were detecting in the dark won't u have a head torch to see where u were heading???? and to flash onto the screen ....and at least to show others u wernt night hawking :D I've heard tooo many story's of people nearly getting shot or mistaken for something else 400m away to venture out our way in the dark .. I'd b inclined to wear a hi vis top just to prove I wasn't doing nowt untoward tooo...maybe I worry too much .. rl;

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:02 am

It reminds me of the "TeaLight" I made for an ACE250 some years ago:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4481

The Fisher F75 has a backlit LCD , it's odd that they didn't incorporate the feature into one of the many 'revisions' of the T2 over the years. Expense might be one reason. And as a user of the F75, I think it really should have an On/Off control for the backlight. Mine's permanently disconnected now, I so rarely needed it.
:(

Bors

Post by Bors » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:46 am

Its actually NOT used for detecting at night. Its used only in the daytime daylight when bright sunlight affects the screen for reading it.(similar to trying to read your camera or phones LCD screen in daylight ) If the light is pressed on it is much easier to see what the screen is telling you , just like what the Fisher F75 back light does.

Quote fusion,.." F75, I think it really should have an On/Off control for the backlight. Mine's permanently disconnected now, I so rarely needed it.".
Funnily enough I prefer mine on my F75 continually on. For the amount of drain it puts on your batteries which is next to nothing, I prefer mine on continually as i use all metal mode a lot so I`m continually looking down at the screen readout ...

Junior

Post by Junior » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:16 pm

O..... get what u mean now I occasionally use mine too ::g I've seen vids of people detecting beach's etc in the dark and thought thats what it woz for ... :D

Return to “Teknetics Forum”