G2+/ Fisher Gold Bug coil compatibility?

Topics related to Teknetics metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
borderfox

G2+/ Fisher Gold Bug coil compatibility?

Post by borderfox » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Hello there: I have attempted (unsuccessfully), to find a U.K based Teknetics dealership that sells the 5x10" solid, white, elliptical DD search coil for the G2+. Whilst I know that search coils for the Teknetics G2+ and the Fisher F19 are interchangeable, as both machines share exactly the same 19 kHz First Texas control platforms, respectively, it seems that Fisher F19 5x10" solid elliptical DD search coils are also unavailable to be purchased as a single item. There is a U.K Fisher dealership that sells the 5x10" solid, white, elliptical DD coil for the Fisher Gold Bug as a single item however. My question is, will this search coil be compatible for use on my G2+ please ?

Koala

Re: G2+/ Fisher Gold Bug coil compatibility?

Post by Koala » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:56 pm

technically No

as far as I know Gold Bug coils are only compatible with the F5

and only EUROTEK PRO, ALPHA, DELTA, GAMMA, OMEGA, G2 are directly compatible ?

However https://www.findmall.com/read.php?80,2419092 infers that it will work but not optimally.

I suspect the VDI will be out ?

I don't think I would risk one without either trying it first or giving them a call.

Any reason for not going for the Mars sniper

borderfox

Re: G2+/ Fisher Gold Bug coil compatibility?

Post by borderfox » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply and suggestion to call the U.K suppliers of the coil in question. The Fisher Gold Bug 5x10 white elliptical DD coil is compatible for both the Fisher F19, and the Teknetics G2/G2+ respectively. The VDI readouts remains the same, as does depth and recovery/separation; also the 7x11 DD coils are also interchangeable for these three 19kHz First Texas MD's as it turns out. ::g

Return to “Teknetics Forum”