Victoriana/georgian 3 pence on a teknetics t3 classic

Topics related to Teknetics metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
englishkid19

Victoriana/georgian 3 pence on a teknetics t3 classic

Post by englishkid19 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Does anyone know what signal these give given normal field ground conditions. I have been finding the odd penny (80/81/82) and six pence (75/76/77) but no three pences? Could it be my machine...

Teknetics T2 & Deteknix wireless
GP pointer (<does the job >)
Follow on instagram... dirt_scanner

sweepstick47

Re: Victoriana/georgian 3 pence on a teknetics t3 classic

Post by sweepstick47 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:11 pm

As you're making finds, I doubt very much if there could be anything wrong with your machine.
I am not a user of that machine but I can tell you, it's my opinion (and I suspect that of many others) that the ID readout on metered detectors is intended as a guide only (and a pretty poor one at that) so you should not apply any reliability upon them especially in any ability to differentiate between coin denominations.

I promise you, Your detector will find coins of all denominations if your search-coil passes over them ::g Good Luck - ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:18 pm

I have used my 'original' T2 for many years and very rarely look at the screen,have always used it as a audio machine,screens can be very unreliable and certainly never ever make a dig/no dig decision solely on what any screen tells me.

Trust the T2,if you pass over a decent target it will sing out at you,my T2 has found me the most gold coins include celtic 1/4 staters and full ones,George111 full guinea and also Viccy Sovereigns,it paid for itself many times over.

Audio is far more reliable than what any screen is and also at much greater depth,mine is a original one and never had the need for upgrading to the latest newer models,if it ain't broke dont fix it.
Last edited by Mega B on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between perception and reality can be vast indeed.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:09 pm

ive found loads of pre decimals in the last 8 years, but only 2 three pence pieces ::g

neil
Just using the Force Image

englishkid19

Post by englishkid19 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Hmm right then. Might need a re think on my game plan... I deffo find stuff its just I might need a bit more fine tuning on the ears...I always check the target isn't jumpy in numbers or to check it isn't two targets close together. I probably should dig more signals...

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:49 pm

As mentioned above. DO NOT dig by numbers on any machine....totally ignore them & use your ears.

If you can't stop looking at them, cover em up with some black tape. ::g

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

englishkid19

Post by englishkid19 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:18 pm

That's going to require some work... IF I use all metal mode it sometimes picks up signals but displays no numerics maybe I should do a shallow dig on these and see if it gets stronger or weaker

fred

Post by fred » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:58 am

The key to it is for you to get your machine set up correctly so that it can get a signal in the first place. After that you have to swing it properly so that you find all the targets. Only then does target ID even become an issue. In my experiece the numbers will only help you if you are digging shallow stuff, they won't help you decide what not to dig because good deep targets beyond the range of the numbers or tone ID will still appear to be rubbish. There are differences between such targets and junk but the only safe method is to dig everything until you get the hang of exactly what the machine is telling you. :D

PS The first 5 years are the worst.
PPS The next 5 years are the worst too!

englishkid19

Post by englishkid19 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Took advantage of the weather after work and did a local field where a path runs through. I deliberately tried not to look at the numbers... I dug a few iffy signals where there was actually more than one coin stuck together (1p/2p/20p) type thing . That happened twice. I dug more than my fair share of junk but I'm learning. I normally wouldn't have dug the trash but it's a starts. Found about 1.70 in 90 minutes and a few older 1/2p ' s

fred

Post by fred » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:18 pm

englishkid19 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:37 pm
Took advantage of the weather after work and did a local field where a path runs through. I deliberately tried not to look at the numbers... I dug a few iffy signals where there was actually more than one coin stuck together (1p/2p/20p) type thing . That happened twice. I dug more than my fair share of junk but I'm learning. I normally wouldn't have dug the trash but it's a starts. Found about 1.70 in 90 minutes and a few older 1/2p ' s
When the learning stops the fun stops! ::g

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:25 pm

With the Deus Fast ... and I'm talking milled coin here ... we find that 3d come in the range 86-88... 6d 88-90, and 12d 90-92 ... so the smaller the coin the smaller the numbers... I would guess that all machines work similarly in this respect... so with the t3 that would be 73/74/75 for silver 3d's
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

Return to “Teknetics Forum”