Hello, New here!!!

Topics related to Teknetics metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
ri2014

Hello, New here!!!

Post by ri2014 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Hello, I am new here and have a question
How do I avoid military objects, is discriminating iron good enough, am I mostly into relics, coins and jewels, I have eurotek pro?

Oxgirl36

Re: Hello, New here!!!

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:30 pm

Hello, welcome to the forum ::g I’ve moved your post to the Teknetics section so you can get responses from the experts on your machine. Hope that’s OK :)
XP Deus
9 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017) - and, at last, 1 in 2018 :D

sweepstick47

Re: Hello, New here!!!

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:04 pm

Hello 'ri2014' Welcome aboard the forum ::g It's sensible to assume that regardless of the amount of discrimination put into your detector, there is really no way of totally avoiding the occasional finding of military items, be they inert or 'live' and thereby lie danger!

If you have authorised access to a site where such finds are likely, my personal advice would be obtain advice from someone who has the experience and knowledge to deal correctly (and safely) in the event of having to deal with such finds - before commencing further! Any suspicious items found should be left untouched and the police informed (who have a procedure for these events).

In situations where military items are likely finds, it would be wise to consider all finds to be potentially dangerous - even if they are 'just spent cartridge cases').
This link has additional information on this subject.

viewforum.php?f=61
Enjoy your time on the forum and Stay safe! Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Return to “Teknetics Forum”