Is nokta impact rain proof?

Discussion of the Nokta Impact only.
Portugalis

Is nokta impact rain proof?

Post by Portugalis »

Hi everyone.

I know that nokta impact is not waterproof or submersible. However I would like to know if the nokta impact is at least rain proof.

I have been using it with the rain covers but I don't feel completely safe.

Do you guys have any insight on this?

Thank you!
Regards,

Tiago

Badger1935

Re: Is nokta impact rain proof?

Post by Badger1935 »

Hi.The 3rd paragraph in the warnings section of the handbook says.Do not immerse the device or its accessories(except for the search coil) in water.Do not expose equipment to axcessively humid environments.I take that to mean that it's not rain proof.

Portugalis

Post by Portugalis »

Thank you for your answer. Yeah, I saw that paragraph and that's why I have mixed feelings when I'm out detecting and it starts to rain cats and dogs. The things is, I have detected under heavy rain at least 3 or 4 times and it doesn't seem to be affecting the detector in any way. I mean, they must have any type of protection, at least some basic one, preventing moisture and drops of water from getting inside the machine's brain, don't you think?

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 »

As an emergency measure, an appropriately sized polythene bag will provide adequate water proofing in the event of a sudden downpour. However, it must be removed directly you get back to the car or return home to prevent condensation issues. Regards ss47 ::g
A disservice is no service at all.

Return to “Nokta Impact Forum”