To buy or not to buy - Nokta Impact Pro?

Discussion of the Nokta Impact only.
davpike

To buy or not to buy - Nokta Impact Pro?

Post by davpike »

very new to detecting would like opinion fron any nokta users would the impact pro be ok for my first detector or is it to complicated to start with many thanks all

garrettoldboy

Re: to buy or not to buy

Post by garrettoldboy »

hello, it is not something i would advise as a first detector unless you a well versed in computer type metal detector jargon, far better a switch on and go or one that is easy to set up, detect with sounds via head phone rather than a screen or can do both, if your still set on the impact pro, try reading the instruction manual first, i am sure there is help with other Nokta users

Roberts

Post by Roberts »

do not have the impact myself and am not familiar with the Nokta detectors but here is a link to the Nokta Impact instruction manual to get an idea of the machine and its options & as stated by "Garrettoldboy" on the computer jargon used.

Nokta Impact User Manual

On a personal note i use the Deus Xp and this machine did also take a while to get used too via the computer jargon and so many options etc but is do'able and well worth the effort once mastered as you can fine tune and get the best out of the detector.

Think of it as' you can buy a 1st simple detector, like detecting and after awhile buy a new better detector or just buy the better detector and learn it thouroughly ::g

Good luck. :D

P.S There are a few detector models that are simple to use and high end but the majority of high class machines do use computer jargon and have a lot of on screen options as well.
Deus xp WS4, 11 inch coil, Nokta pinpointer, Solid spade

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact »

garrettoldboy wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:29 am
hello, it is not something i would advise as a first detector unless you a well versed in computer type metal detector jargon, far better a switch on and go or one that is easy to set up, detect with sounds via head phone rather than a screen or can do both, if your still set on the impact pro, try reading the instruction manual first, i am sure there is help with other Nokta users
Agree ... first machines should be economical and easy to use, that said if one is an experienced "hunter" ... then aim for something as upmarket as you can go.. it all depends on your personal finances, and whether or not you're 1000% committed to the hobby.
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

Expat

Re: to buy or not to buy - Nokta Impact Pro?

Post by Expat »

The Impact is a high gain machine and can be pretty noisy in busy ground. I would imagine that unless the user had cut their teeth on an 'easier to handle' machine and had some experience with how machines react to different types of target it could be real confusing. Certainly a machine I'd recommend to anybody after they'd been doing it for a while but probs not as a starter. Love mine to bits.

slowsweep

Re: to buy or not to buy - Nokta Impact Pro?

Post by slowsweep »

go for it, most if not all new machines are "switch on and go" so as long as you can read the startup guide you should be fine ::g

GL&HH
lots of MD related stuff ;))

Badger1935

Re: To buy or not to buy - Nokta Impact Pro?

Post by Badger1935 »

I have the Nokta Impact Pro,and find it a first Class detector for the reasonably experienced detectorist,but certainly not for the first timer,it's also quite heavy.Stick to a more easy to use machine till you have got some detecting time under your coil.

davpike

Post by davpike »

thanks to you all for all your good repleys i think for the price i got it at it was to good to miss i collected it after a 2 hour drive ti has only been used twice . i watched a video on the impact and tryed some settings i think it will take a while but i have a lot of patients from fishing .hopefully after chrimbo i will find someware to have a practise, again many thanks for the repleys .

Roberts

Post by Roberts »

davpike wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:46 pm
thanks to you all for all your good repleys i think for the price i got it at it was to good to miss i collected it after a 2 hour drive ti has only been used twice . i watched a video on the impact and tryed some settings i think it will take a while but i have a lot of patients from fishing .hopefully after chrimbo i will find someware to have a practise, again many thanks for the repleys .
Good Hunting and may you find many things with it ::g Let us know how you get on and do not hesitate to ask for any help needed.
Deus xp WS4, 11 inch coil, Nokta pinpointer, Solid spade

Return to “Nokta Impact Forum”