Nokta Impact making an impact?

Discussion of the Nokta Impact only.
Bargeman

Nokta Impact making an impact?

Post by Bargeman »

I am a little surprised, the Impact has been out a few weeks now but the forum has been significantly quiet with regards to reported finds, reviews, and general chat. Infact there was more discussion before the launch than we are seeing now.
So come on impact owners, tell how it performs, give us the gossip, the good, the bad, what you like, whatvyou would change. I for one would really like to know.

Equinox 800
Rutus Alter 71

Mega B

Re: Nokta Impact making an impact?

Post by Mega B »

They must have sold some.
Last edited by Mega B on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A few machines that i use Nexus MP,Nexus SE,TDI Pro,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Equinox,Deus,T2,DFX,Arado120b,Mirage Pulse,Crossbow Pulse.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix »

Topic edited please remember to stay on topic, this forum is dedicated to the Nokta products ::g

The Nokta impact has almost been sold out across all dealers in the UK so there are a fair few owners out there, normally people start posting when they have problems / issues so the lack of posts on a positive note could simply mean most owners are happy ?
It would be interesting to read some reviews if we have some Nokta Impact owners here ::g
Cheers
mrix

Saffron

Post by Saffron »

I know that there has been a Nokta Impact on a couple of digs recently but unfortunately not had a chance to talk to the people with them, so there are some around.
It does look a good machine but the price hike just before it came out certainly did not help (I did see one post where Dilek from Nokta said this was nothing to do with them).
Evan

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix »

Saffron wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:28 pm
It does look a good machine but the price hike just before it came out certainly did not help (I did see one post where Dilek from Nokta said this was nothing to do with them).
Evan
Yes the price wars got started between UK dealers and was nothing to do with Nokta themselves which was a shame but the sales still surprisingly flew out, as mentioned most UK dealers are now sold out waiting for new stock to arrive :-O
One surprising thing was that the Pro-packs were far more popular than the standard bundles, its often been the other way around.

mrix

Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Think the shame about the "price wars" between the UK dealers is that it gave the impression that the original lower price was what it was going to be and hence "its true value" so the increased price put some off (myself included ... but still tempted!) where as if the higher price had been given initially and stayed unchanged people would have considered that "its true price" and not blinked an eye.

I am not surprised that the "pro packs" are doing so well as IMHO they are the better value.
In my opinion often "pro packs" contain items that are "nice to have" but not vital and the higher cost can be hard to justify. The same with cars, the majority sold are not the top specification version because people buy the car because of main features like, size, engine, mpg, reliability rather than the "extras".
But when you look at what you get extra in the Impact pro pack - 19 cm x 10 cm (7,5” x 4”) coil, Carrying Bag, Protective Covers, Stand, Extra Lower Shaft, AC & Car Charger - that is a lot of extras for the price (often an extra coil would cost the same as the difference in price here). I also like how it comes with the extra lower shaft as that is normally quicker / easier to change than just the coil. Anybody doing mainly beach detecting would certainly like the stand in order to keep the machine out of the sand.

Evan

jph

Post by jph »

I wish I could give you guys some feedback. I have one waiting for me at home right now. But I work offshore and am not due home for a week, and it's agony not being able to get out on my permissions and give the Impact a good tryout. So I'll let you know how I get on.

I'm only a handful of miles away from where the 'Leekfrith Hoard' was found. Maybe It's my turn...Ho...Ho!

This is like being a kid, waiting for Christmas.

John
Minelab Equinox 800
Deteknix Xpointer
Garrett Pro-Pointer

Onwards and Downwards

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman »

Thanks John, I am really interested in the Impact, I have only seen one out in the fields since its release, and although I am not looking to buy one anytime soon, I think the new breed of detectors hitting the market is quite exciting.

BM [:)

Equinox 800
Rutus Alter 71

BazButtons

Post by BazButtons »

On our last club dig,a member was swinging the impact,it was his first time using it in the field so couldn't give a opinion about it good or bad but its a nice solid looking piece of kit,I had a hold of it and it does feel well balanced and quality build, I'll just have to keep getting up dates of him,he knows a good bit about detecting, he found a certain massive Saxon hoard a year or two back....

Copperballs1

Post by Copperballs1 »

Just got my copy of The Searcher today, the Nokta Impact is reviewed in the issue. ::g

jen_edwards

Post by jen_edwards »

Hi there,

I am one of the brave who purchased an Impact. I went for the pro package because of the extra larger double "D" coil and nifty carrying bag.

I really cannot say anything bad about it. I love the pre defined search modes, especially the all metal mode and the "GOG" heavy mineralization mode. took it beach detecting along the black sand and was impressed with its sensitivity. found a very small brass rivet from a blue jeans pocket in 9" of salty wet sand. it produced a crisp distinct signal. it picked out a small silver hammered cut coin that was pretty deep with ease.

on dry land it excels it is unbelievably good at working areas with a lot of iron bits. I like to operate with no discrimination, but I have tested both the standard discrimination and its notch filter, they seem to work as they should.

Today I found a 5p coin within an inch and a half of a large iron nail in about five inches of damp dense soil. It produced a sharp and accurate double tone and reading showing both iron and the copper. its recovery rate is unbeatable. I have only been using it for about six weeks and have only in the last few days become comfortable with using it.

as far as power consumption is concerned it is nominal depending on frequency I can get between six and eight hours off of the stock four 2100 mah rechargeable batteries before the charge indicator drops half way. I switched to 2800 Mah batteries and picked up an extra hour or so.

aesthetically it is pleasing and well balanced, although I would have liked a belt mounted power supply to lighten the load on my small arm. the whole machine is quite "tight", no rickety or wobbly bits. the display is intuitive, monochromatic, and very well laid out, no three level menus to drill down through to get to a simple setting, yet all the flexibility you could want is right there. My 61 year old eyes would have liked a little larger font, but I imagine that is the trade off for an easy to navigate menu system.

I think for its price point it will become a popular detector. it is bright and the backlight (if you use it) is more than adequate.

I would have liked to have a couple of slots to save a custom built mode, butso far have not had a need for one. if I want to twerk a predefined mode it is quick and easy.

I'll post some more about it after I have given it a good workout.

BTW I am a transplant from America in the East Riding. Although I have been detecting for decades, I only have been here in England a year now, (Never ask your mate if they ever get homesick). The finds here are amazing compared to what you get in Floriduh... I am in heaven! I would love to hear from any other local detectorists in the Bridlington area.

Jen

Jen
Jennifer Edwards
Nokta Impact, Fisher Aquanaut

NCMD #10501
FID #20599
LGD #912
MD. #2050
Member In Good Standing: Bridlington Metal Detecting Group - BMDG

CAN YOU DIG IT?

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman »

Thanks Jen, and good luck with the finds ::g

Equinox 800
Rutus Alter 71

Wormdigger

Post by Wormdigger »

That's an interesting read Jen. I am considering this year letting Santa take away my Euroace and return with a Nokta Impact. Undecided whether to trade in the AT Pro too or keep it. In any case, there is not much feedback yet from users and I would like to see a little more before making up my mind.
Nokta Impact, Deteknix wireless headphones, Nokta Pointer and worm digging equiment. Ibanez RG 1570Z when it is raining.

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro »

Hm first post and only post from Jen that is full of praise for the Impact anyway here are my thoughts on the Impact.
Its got plenty of depth, its chattery near other detectors especially Deus's (might be fixed by latest update) low conductors like bronze etc seem to give scratchy signals the only time i could get pure crisp signals was from coins or larger stuff the upper part of them stem has some flex/wobble when you push down gently (no flex when swinging though) other people have reported this too, its hard to tell what mode your in if your eyesight is not so good its very well balanced and seems much lighter than what it is i swung for 7 hours with no arm ache using Powerex batteries i got 7 hours use with 3 bars still showing this was using mostly 5kHz it folds down smallest when you flip the coil up to them stem and pull the wire out of the slot while pushing the stems together.

jen_edwards

Post by jen_edwards »

I agree with you regarding the small text being a little difficult to read, especially in direct sunlight. I found using the backlight (brightness setting) helps a whole lot.

used it for a few hours today but did not find much, a couple of mid 19th century coins and a rather large musket ball. I miked up the ball it is around .71 cal.

I am a little peeved that the wireless headphones do not seem to be available yet here in the UK.

I'll post more as I go along
jen
Jennifer Edwards

NCMD #10501
FID #20599
LGD #912
MD. #2050

CAN YOU DIG IT?

Deanicuss

Post by Deanicuss »

How does it perform in mineralised soil?

Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Daniel Spencer in the June edition of The Searcher reviewed the Nokta Impact.
He gave it a postive review with both Overall Detecting Performance and Value For Money scoring 9/10.

This was part one of the review in part 2 he will review other coils, advanced features and settings, and take it to the beach (which could be interesting and maybe answer Deanicuss's question about mineralised soil).

Evan

jen_edwards

Post by jen_edwards »

Hi Deanicuss,

I have had it on the beach four times now. it really works well in mineralised and/or salty wet sand. I was able to detect a very small copper rivet from the pocket of someones blue jeans right on the wet edge of the beach. it was over SEVEN INCHES DOWN! not too shabby for the tiny object.

I used its COG mode which is designed for heavy mineralization. I have never been unable to use the automatic ground balance and get a lock. it is also very easy to manually balance, if you like to keep the machine right on the "edge".

what blows me away is its ability to detect small non-ferrous bits of metal when buried within an inch or two of the target. it will give a double beep, one low for iron and one high for the other object. I have had this happen to me a few times and was amazed that it could recover so very quickly.

hope this helps,
jen
Jennifer Edwards

NCMD #10501
FID #20599
LGD #912
MD. #2050

CAN YOU DIG IT?

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix »

Nice to see their later models still work very well at the beach, also cosmetically it looks to be a very nice piece of kit, I do like the black and red combination ::g B-)
Thanks for the update.
Cheers
mrix

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix »

sanjuro wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 4:17 pm
Its got plenty of depth, its chattery near other detectors especially Deus's (might be fixed by latest update)
Hi sanjuro, the latest update has indeed seen an change to the frequency shift feature which should of resolved that issue ::g B-)

mrix

deltron

Post by deltron »

I've had mine since they came out.
Fast, deep and really nice to swing. it's so well balanced you can use it all day.
I can't wait to try it out properly when some of better fields are done. ::g

Mike Dawson

Post by Mike Dawson »

I got delivery of the Impact with the latest 13.11 software early June and have been using it in the Golden Triangle, Victoria,Australia. for 2 weeks camping out on the diggings looking for nuggets. There is no other mention on Australian or US goldfields on any forums or Youtube as to reports on how the Impact performs there in the highly mineralised ground.I believe I am the first person to write on any forum or Youtube I thought I would register on this site to let UK enthusiasts know that this machine can handle our tough conditions with ease and we finally have a VLF detector which can challenge the PI detectors in stability and depth a a fraction of the cost.For AU 1280 it is very good value considering Nokta have produced a very good looking and well balanced detector which can handle very high mineralisation.We also have extreme mineralisation which the Nokta overloads in but that is only 1% of the time and the COG mode could be able to handle this most of the time.

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman »

Thanks for the Aussie info, did you find any nuggets? My digging buddy Bob has an Impact to go along with his Dues, and it is a nice bit of kit. This week Bob added the Detectnicks wireless headphone kit, as the Nocta/Marko phones are still unavailable. ;;z but the Detectnick kit works just fine with the impact. ::g

Equinox 800
Rutus Alter 71

Mike Dawson

Post by Mike Dawson »

Thanks for the interest in my post Bargeman. It usually takes 6 months on average to find your first nugget.Perseverance and luck are the key. Detected for a total of 30 hours only. At the moment it is too cold to go camping for a week as we usually do as the nights can be minus 4 Celsius,so waiting for warmer weather before we head off again.Whilst the spirit is willing the human body is not and prolonged exposure to the cold nights can lead to bronchitis or worse.Installing a wood stove in the tent with a flue would certainly help.I expect that during the gold rush the diggers placed their calico tents around a big fire and a bloke sat up all night tending and feeding the fire.But we need to get our sleep.I am using the wired headphones supplied with the standard pack to watch DVD,s as I do not have a long enough cord but they sound terrible.They sound great for detecting but the long cord is unpractical when detecting and the protruding jack is bad design by Nokta as if you step on it whilst the detector is on the ground you can easily break the plastic housing.

Mike Dawson

Post by Mike Dawson »

It seems the Impact is only making an Impact in Europe.I have been on the main detector forums in Australia and USA and posted comments there about how I found the Impact to be very stable in highly mineralised soils,as that is my main concern where I detect,and have only come up against a brick wall and got the silent treatment and even some snigling in Australia. I like the Impact so much I am willing to stick my neck out and say I don't think there is a VLF detector at the moment which can match it for performance and price, let alone the good looks.

jen_edwards

Post by jen_edwards »

I did have the same issue on grou digs regarding a couple other brands, mainly deus and Minelabs in the 20khz. range. The last firmware updae seems to have fixed the issue.

Now that i have had it a few months I can say I am still enamoured with the thing.

Once I discovered the auto tracking feature, and the VLX modes I have been kicking tush.

No problem in dry conditions, it is still very sensitive to those thin hammered coins, and deeply brried tanners.

on the beach it is pretty amazing even n wet black sand. i have never been on a surface where i could not attain a good ground balance.

The all metal mode is wonderful for deep searching on relatively clean sites. the DI modes are coin vacuuums and the Deep mode lives up to its name. I normally do not use the deep mode unless i am playing around looking for that axe head or jug of denarius we all dream about. On the beach the COG mode is very stable ans spuer sensitive.

Wen searchng I prefer the 14khz frequency band for beaches and coin shooting and the 20khz. when i am on farm fields or wooded areas looking for those thin hammereds.

The recovery rate is marvelously fast. On my rugby club permission i have found quite a few coins next to iron nails, hinges and aluminium rubbish.

I keep trying to find something sriously wrong with it and cannot. The only thing is remotely annoying is that the text on the display is a little small. But when you think about it if they enlarge the text you would probably have to deal with "Sub Menus" to compensate. I'd rather squint a llittle then have to drill down thru complex menu systems whilst in the field.

I have discovered that if yu use the brightness function to back lightthe screen it is a magnatitude easier to read. However i usually keep it switched off to save battery.

speaking of battery drain, so far i have not been able to outlast a fully charged set of 2600mah batteries.Out of force of habit I usually change them out when they get to about 1/3 from fully charged, which is uually about four hours into a day of heavy use.
Jennifer Edwards

NCMD #10501
FID #20599
LGD #912
MD. #2050

CAN YOU DIG IT?

Mucky

Post by Mucky »

Thanks Jen. I use an AT which is a good machine but I have been keeping my eye on this one.
It sounds really good and yours is the first genuine review I have read about it.. apart from the one in the magazine's.
Thanks. ::g
I want to avoid the Deus if I can.. it seems the whole world uses one! :))

Return to “Nokta Impact Forum”