Prepare for Impact....

Discussion of the Nokta Impact only.
Bargeman

Prepare for Impact....

Post by Bargeman »

This afternoon saw myself and Bob {Derek is sunning himself in Turkey} up at the North Hants pasture permission again, but that rain that set the fields alive yesterday has now gone, and so the fields were dead by comparison, and both of us struggled to find any decent finds today ;;z but hey that is how it goes sometimes, I did find a couple of blank coins, a spoon again, and a bent button, but nothing like my finds from yesterday.

But to be honest this is not about me, this is a post for Bob. You see Bob turned up today with a new Nokta Impact, and wow what a machine this is. There is a lot to learn with any new machine, and the Impact is no different in that regard. But it is all pretty straightforward. Other people will tell you about the balance, the easy ground balance system, the pinpointing, and the great tones etc. And it is all correct, even the display screen is clear and easy to navigate, except for the pre loaded programs that is, the font size is just to small, for older tired eyes in the glare of the sun. But that would be the only complaint.

The supplied user manual comes with a list of possible targets and their signal numbers across the three frequencies, one for the USA, one for Europe, and one for the UK, so Bob and I tried a few of the listed targets against the list, and they had the numbers spot on, which in itself gives you a head start on target recognition.
All in all, a great detector, and I am certain you will see it produce the finds as Bob gets into the swing.

BM [:)
Last edited by Bargeman on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Equinox 800
Rutus Alter 71

DWtheKAT

Re: Prepare for Impact....

Post by DWtheKAT »

New machine sounds good Bob .
I for one prefer having a screen with numbers to look at when you get a signal.
Having said that I can't help myself with a strong signal, numbers indicate foil,last time was foil,dig it anyway and it is foil.But you never know😀
So good luck with the new machine Bob,will be following your finds with interest.

Junior

Post by Junior »

I woz very interest in the impact it looks a well put together machine until someone said dues interfere with them I don't know if this is true as i do a few rallies and everyone seems to have one me included has put me off getting one until I've actually seen one out and about at a rally. Might just b a freq shift easy fix. Having said that my mates minelab explorer makes my dues go nuts when he's close. Good luck with it. Maybe a chrimbo present later on.

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman »

When Derek gets back we shall test that scenario as Derek uses a Deus, and let you know.

Equinox 800
Rutus Alter 71

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 »

Junior wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:13 am
I woz very interest in the impact it looks a well put together machine until someone said dues interfere with them I don't know if this is true as i do a few rallies and everyone seems to have one me included has put me off getting one until I've actually seen one out and about at a rally. Might just b a freq shift easy fix. Having said that my mates minelab explorer makes my dues go nuts when he's close. Good luck with it. Maybe a chrimbo present later on.

Stay at least 4 metres away and there's no problem - whatever machine you use.
Quaerite et invenietis

XP Deus

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix »

The impact has 5 frequency shifts to use if you have issues with other detectorist around you using a similar channel ::g
mrix

littleboot

Post by littleboot »

Come clean BM. You are really an undercover detector salesman . :D
Equinox 600, GMP, wellies.

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman »

littleboot wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:43 pm
Come clean BM. You are really an undercover detector salesman . :D
Haha ::g

Nothing to do with me, and not mine either. Nice detector though. I'm not even a techno geek x;

Equinox 800
Rutus Alter 71

Junior

Post by Junior »

Ok phil/mrrix. Will keep an eye out for one on a rally and see how it goes.

Return to “Nokta Impact Forum”