oldie starting again

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Danescourt01

oldie starting again

Post by Danescourt01 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Hi all
my name is alan , thank you for letting me join forum,
Have been metal detecting for 35 years on and off, when family, work allowed , but gave it up a couple of years ago when was finding it harder to get permission on land, but really have missed getting out , just obtained permission to search promising land so was thinking of updating my machine I use the T2 original one with the troublesome coil which I got changed since then great machine but looking at the deus or equinox 800 will either of these be much of a improvement , I know no machine is a magic wand and it has to be there to find it any advice would be much appreciated.

sweepstick47

Re: oldie starting again

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Hello Danescourt01, Welcome, it's good to have you on board ::g I'm not a user of either of the models quoted but I can tell you that both models offer a significant saving in terms of weight.

Good Luck and perhaps we can look forward to seeing a few of your finds at some stage or hearing of your various detecting experiences. Enjoy your time with us on the MDF ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Enjoy.

roamingrob

Post by roamingrob » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi Alan and welcome, l have been using the XP Deus for a couple of years now a great detector and much lighter than most l had the AT Pro before which l liked but the Deus is wireless, folds down and so light.
Good luck on your new land.
Rob
XP Deus, 11" Coil & SW5 headphones
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade
" SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND"
FB page https://www.facebook.com/Roamingrob-Hig ... 069738277/

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:11 pm

A warm welcome Alan, many on here have followed in your footsteps, returning to the hobby after a few years. Your post reeks of experience, I have used lots of machines since 1983 and finally have the GMP as a back up to the Deus. On a good day on stubble, the GMP is that bit heavier to get a bit closer to the surface and will be perfect, the tones and reactivity are ideal to that type of land. The Deus is more versatile, lighter and will not miss much.
Good luck with your return, its a wonderful hobby and this forum will prove of great help in many ways, Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Danescourt01

Post by Danescourt01 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Hi
thank you for all your replies, looking forward to getting out, will be with T2 for now then decision time,equinox or Deus , I don't change my machine very often as you can tell original T2, Like to get my moneys worth , only ever had 3 in 35 years, like to get one machine and learn with it, other people like to have different machines for different sites, I could never afford that luxury .I used to be indecisive now I just cant make my mind up Deus , equinox,this will go on for months yet :))

geoff

Post by geoff » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:47 am

Hi DC, I returned recently to the hobby, old e trac user, I opted for the equinox 800, and it is a very good detector, with infinite adjustment to suit any conditions you will find,and more.
It can be lightening fast in target separation, or more relaxed and very deep on less trashy ground, rather similar to the older minelabs.
Tone number and pitch and volume are adjustable across the range to suit preference.
It is rechargeable,and couples to bluetooth headphones,as well as being waterproof.
I personally find it was a good choice, as would be your other preference.
Etrac , AT pro & equinox 800.

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:21 am

Welcome to the forum Alan :D

Personally I’d go see my local metal detecting shop and get some hands on with the two machines. Black Friday is on the 29th November and last year a few retailers did very special deals with one offering 15% off everything.

Hope whatever you chose you love it ::g
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 22 B-)

Danescourt01

Post by Danescourt01 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi all
Thank you all for your advice, such a friendly forum, think im leaning towards the nox 800 and will keep T2 as back up just in case will hopefully have some finds to show soon.

Doyoudigitman

Post by Doyoudigitman » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Hi Danescourt welcome back I've used a few different machines over the years,at the moment my go to machine is definitely the nox800 you won't be disappointed if you go that way.
Good luck and HH ::g

geoff

Post by geoff » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:24 pm

I too think the equinox 800 is a very fine choice, they,like the deus are a very popular machine, both machines are a big investment, you have a decent machine already so you have time to make a choice.
Etrac , AT pro & equinox 800.

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:51 am

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to our great hobby ::g
I’ve a full deus for sale, no warranty left but 710 posted is a good price.
It’s an option if you want to go down the xp route

Danescourt01

Post by Danescourt01 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi pinkfloyd
Thank you for the offer I will certainly keep it in mind, most people I talk to seem to say equinox or deus, I have a decent machine in the T2 so im not rushing want to see how the nokta simplex does if it performs like the reviews against the equinox and deus. for 300 pound seems unbelievable
value and waterproof . Lets see how it performs in the coming months

sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:17 pm

ive pm you

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”