Clubs near Lowestoft

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Denek

Clubs near Lowestoft

Post by Denek »

Hi All.
I would just like to say hello as I have not posted before and I have also just moved to Gisleham in Suffolk and wondered if there were any clubs around here.
I an not that experienced and would value any advice and help with the best ways to get permission to search on farmland etc. I guess you just find the owner and ask but I have never done this before.
Really I have only ever detected on beaches( spent three years in America so did a bit there) and on my own land.
Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

stejens

Re: Clubs near Lowestoft

Post by stejens »

Welcome ::g

I'm from Lowestoft, there are no clubs around here, there was one up past Great Yarmouth that I enquired for once, and after several years heard nothing back, then they seemed to disappear. Other than that the nearest is Norwich, and I believe they have a waiting list you'd be on for the next 50 years.

Always thought Lowestoft needed a club but never had the knowledge or resources to try and start one.

Gisleham is a tough area for permissions (as i mention in other thread) I asked maybe 30 farms around there and got one permission, and then the farmer retired leaving his brother in charge who was against the hobby x;

So for me I am bound to the beach, unless I get some luck eventually, maybe I'll see you down there sometime?

::g
Xp Deus & Nox 800
Garrett Carrot
Roughneck Micro Shovel / Evolution Dagger
Best finds: Lionheart Hammy - Medieval Seal Matrix - Gold/Silver Tudor Hat Pin.

Steve B-)

My YouTube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/stejens1 l;/

Denek

Post by Denek »

I am sure you will see me down there at some point. Still settling into the house at the moment but getting there now so will looking to go out as soon as I can
Sounds like Gisleham is not going to be an easy place to get permissions but I will give it a try and if I get any joy I will let you know.

NoxHunter

Post by NoxHunter »

Hi and welcome ::g
Formerly known as Ratter
Minelab Equinox 600 [:) Staffordshire

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”