Just a little Hello

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
MPower

Just a little Hello

Post by MPower » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Hello to you all. I haven’t a clue why I haven’t come across your forum before, but so pleased I have. I’m n my early 50’s, and started again detecting about a year ago, after a considerable break, through hard times.... anyway I’m back with vengeance.

I live and breath about metal detecting, And have alway been fascinated with earthworks and archaeology. Through my years, I’ve have the Explorer 2 and the xterra70 and currently have the great pleasure of owning the Equinox 800, including the 6 inch coil. ( perfect for stubble work) although after a days work with it, I certainly feel the muscle ache, especially with the larger coil on) .. so an easy swing harness might be on the cards, although I’ve just seen a thread about carbon shafts for this model, so I’ll look into that as well.
I’ve been on a few rallies this year, ( obviously not as many as I’d liked to of) and I seem to be always the last off the fields. Lol.

Anyway, that’s about me, so just wanted to say hi.

bryan162

Re: Just a little Hello

Post by bryan162 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum, lets have a look at some of your finds ::g

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Hello and welcome.....I'm sure you've got back in the 'swing' of it after your break. We'll look forward to hearing about your detecting adventures. ::g
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

skythepig

Post by skythepig » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:24 pm

Hi welcome to the best online metal detecting forum. If you are interested in a carbon shaft for your box 800 the look at the thread noxie carbon shaft high has al the details you need. ::g
XP Deus, a different ball game.
Equinox 800 still learning but getting there
Sovereign Elite
Bad Back and dodgy knees

MPower

Post by MPower » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:22 am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, my finds aren’t great , they’re not worthy of photos.
Just a few Crotel bells, couple of denarius, a nice eagles head badge, ( possible Scandinavian origin) off the east coast, with small remain of Giulding. And a few worn hammered. Although last month a found a 1/4 Stater, Silver. Durotriges, starfish type, and 2 units about 5-6 mm. Nearly went close to 20inches with the Siver 1/4. Well ok then, will post at some stage. :)

Thanks for the info re- carbon shafts. :)

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 pm

Seems to me a quarter stater is always worth a photo!
Not to mention the denarii .....and there are lots of folks on here who eat pictures of crotal bells up with a spoon. :D
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

Return to “Introduce yourself here”