hello from south devon

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
spikey1

hello from south devon

Post by spikey1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:45 am

hi newbie here ,always been intrested in detecting but always something cropped up but now im ready lol,not joined a club yet but looking live in the chudleigh area of devon so if anyone knows of one let me know ,the newton abbot club hasn't any vacancies so gotta wait gonna practice in the garden so to dig and replace and leave tidy,im always opoen to ideas and advice so if you have any get in touch,cheers spike.

thefiggis

Re: hello from south devon

Post by thefiggis » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:10 am

Wotcha, Spike, and welcome.

Hope you manage to join a club soon and in the meantime if you have any questions then just shout and take advantage of the wealth of experience available here.
Essential equipment:
Some sort of electrical gubbins(I'm told it's a Deus). In various colours
Jenkins
Gin.

Tetra73

Post by Tetra73 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:25 am

Welcome to the forums from Cornwall ::g

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:45 pm

Hello spikey1 ::g Welcome aboard the forum. So, if it's ideas, help and advice you're looking for, job done! There is so much readily available help and information on the forums. As a newcomer to the hobby and also the forum, if you haven't already done so, I recommend a good look through the Forum Guide (link below) which contains information you need to be aware of to stay within the law.

There's also much to be gained by having a good scout around in the forums over there in the blue panel l;/(being accompanied by a coffee and a comfy chair is a winning combination for this) :D

Whichever detector you might have, take a gander at the forums listed under
Metal Detectors, it's also over there l;/. There are tips and advice aplenty on all the popular makes
and models which have been produced by experienced detector users, a great resource.

Good Luck and enjoy your time with us on the forum ::g Regards ss47
Forum Guide
A disservice is no service at all in my book ::g

spikey1

Post by spikey1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:57 pm

thank you so much for the information I will go through it all as it looks pretty interesting

Bootneck45RM

Post by Bootneck45RM » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi Spike,
Welcome to the forum from S.E. Devon, plenty of guys and gals doing the same as you around here; both looking for clubs and going it alone. If you have transport check out clubs a bit further afield ('scuse the pun) 'cos when you do join you'll have to travel to get to the club digs so being closer to you may not be as much a priority as you first imagine.
Beaches are a good place to practise on to gain some experience before hitting the soil! and we've got plenty of them in the area.
Have you acquired your detector yet, if not, do some research to see what fits your needs and budget.
Some detectors are happy on both sand and soil whilst others aren't so make a list first and then see what your needs are going to be.
Whatever they are, the forum is full of help and good advice, and again, good hunting and look forward to hearing about your decisions and future finds.
Regards👍Len R.

spikey1

Post by spikey1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:40 pm

hello len yep im looking at the club in clyst Honiton the isca club now its only about 30 mins from me so I might give it a try ,do we need permission to do the beaches?

Bootneck45RM

Post by Bootneck45RM » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi Spike

ISCA is a nice club with some good digs and I believe meets at the pub in O.S.M.
Theres no license or permit required for beach detecting on the majority of beaches down here; apart from those of S.S.S.I. and those in private ownership, and unlike most dog owners and children we tend to fill in our holes even at the beach he!.
Look forward to seeing you about one of these days.
Regards

Len R.

spikey1

Post by spikey1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:23 pm

thanks for the info len,your in exminster I see I used to work in the old exminster hospital few years ago now.

fishypaul

Post by fishypaul » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi Spikey Welcome aboard

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”