Hello from South Wales-

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Tomboanddad

Hello from South Wales-

Post by Tomboanddad » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi, My 9 year old has had a metal detector for Christmas and we are just getting to grips with it- he has also ordered a pin pointer with his Christmas money- I thought we would try metal detecting on beaches to start with but has anyone got any places we should try or friendly farmers in the Newport area? He’s also an avid coin collector so it would be great if we could find him something interesting- We found this piece of metal whilst detecting at Ogmore yesterday and I am pretty convinced it’s silver- Another question, when searching on beaches where is the best place to search? Below high tide? Just above low tide? Or up in the drier sand at the top of the beach? Thanks in advance for any useful advice!

sweepstick47

Re: Hello from South Wales-

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:42 pm

Hello Tomboanddad ::g Welcome aboard this friendly family orientated forum and of course to this exciting and popular hobby.
If you haven't yet done so, may I suggest a read through the Forum Guide which is considered the 'first port of call for members new to the forums and the hobby - (link below for your convenience).
Importantly, it contains information you need to be aware of to ensure you operate within the law.
You haven't mentioned which detector you have but over there l;/ in the blue panel. all the popular models are listed according to manufacturer under the main heading 'Metal Detectors'. There is much useful information, all of which has been provided by experienced detectorists.
If you have any questions just ask.::g
Good Luck, I hope you both enjoy the hobby and your time with us on the MDF ::g
Regards ss47
Guide Here
A disservice is no service at all in my book ::g

Tomboanddad

Post by Tomboanddad » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks so much, Son has a Garrett Ace 150 as it was recommended as being a good entry level machine- he’s ordered a Garrett pin pointer to match- we will have a good read through the info and guides and keep you posted if we find anything of interest- thanks again!

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good luck and may the Gods grant you many finds. ::g

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”