ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Hello all from sunny Scotland

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Buster

Hello all from sunny Scotland

Post by Buster »

I have joined the forum with a view to having a go at this fascinating pastime, however, I know the square root of zero on the matters in hand and am hoping to get some timely and valuable information from all you well informed veterans.

I have spent some time mooching around the forum and have come across some princely advice WRT permissions etc. There are, however, still some parts I am unclear on, such as the rules for beaches/coastlines, this is quite important to me as I live on the clyde estuary.

I have read that a Crown Estates Permit is required but I have also read they are no longer issued... Can anyone clear this up for me?

I also live in a rural area and do know some of the local farmers so I think I'll be okay there.

Another question is the two federations(?) NCMD and FID to a novice(me) what is the benefit of belonging to one and which is best or should I join both?

Finally, as I haven't bought a detector yet, I am hoping to find advice on which is the best 'meet in the middle' device for using on farm/garden land and beaches.

Well, I should just say I am looking forward to getting myself a suitable detector and getting stuck right in.

Oh, and BTW anyone know of any clubs up in the west coast of Scotland, Glasgow/Dumbarton/Loch Lomond area?

Cheers for now
Buster

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”