ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Hello from the Selsey Bill

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Sputnik01

Hello from the Selsey Bill

Post by Sputnik01 »

Hello,

After having wanted a metal detector since early in my youth I have finally got one in my fifties!

The engineering company I worked for decided that they only needed 350 of their 650 staff so I now have a bit of spare time whilst I find a new job. I thought this would be a good time to finally get the detector.

I've only had a few sessions with it so far. These were down the beach at West Wittering as permission is given between the low and high water marks. I enquired in the beach office if I needed a permit but was informed that you didn't.

It has been a learning process. I now know about some of the effects of damp sand and mineralised rocks.

However I have made two finds, a lump of iron from what appears to be a damaged groyne stake and a decomposing bike pump! not historical but it proves the metal detector works and gives me an idea of the type of beeps I want.

I am currently looking into whether I can detect in Chichester harbour, however given the number of restrictions on where you can do various other things I'm not too optimistic.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Chris

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”