New from liverpool

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Crowley

New from liverpool

Post by Crowley » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi all

Newbie here from liverpool. Finding it hard to get permission but been to the beach a few times. Not really had a chance to give my detector a good run out but heres hoping😋 I noticed the buddy section so I think I might give that a look as any help/experience I can get would be appreciated.

Anyway I look forward to getting involved and hopefully being able to post some finds!!

Cheers

Blackadder43
Admin

Re: New from liverpool

Post by Blackadder43 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Hiya and welcome to the forums
Hopefully someone comes along with some advice or help for ya..

In the mean time you need to get your thinking cap on with Permissions
Take a drive around and find any farm shops, call in and browse and strike up a conversation
Ask ALL your friends, you will be surprised who knows who
Put a wanted ad on your local facebook buy and sell page, again amazing who comes back
Ask work colleagues
Even ask the postman if you live near farms as they will have alreadt gotten themselves aquainted with the farmers

Good luck ::g
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good advice from Blackadder. Greetings from East Riding.

Crowley

Post by Crowley » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Blackadder43 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:25 pm
Hiya and welcome to the forums
Hopefully someone comes along with some advice or help for ya..

In the mean time you need to get your thinking cap on with Permissions
Take a drive around and find any farm shops, call in and browse and strike up a conversation
Ask ALL your friends, you will be surprised who knows who
Put a wanted ad on your local facebook buy and sell page, again amazing who comes back
Ask work colleagues
Even ask the postman if you live near farms as they will have alreadt gotten themselves aquainted with the farmers

Good luck ::g
Thanks for the advice. I have already been in contact with most of the farms in my area and have been refused by every one. Most seem to be tenant farmers and when I have asked the land owner they have said no. A few have told me that they have pressure pads in their fields to deter trespassers so I wouldnt be allowed on. I'll get something eventually I'm sure but it's tough going at the moment.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Hello Crowley, Good advice above already given. It really is a matter of perseverance and determination on your part but there will be a 'yes' on the horizon and that will certainly make up for any hardships you endure along the way. Keep us informed. Good Luck ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

Steevo45

Post by Steevo45 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:04 pm

I’m not far from you, have a look on Facebook if you have it for WLDC metal Detecting group they detect in and around west lancs so not too far from you. Hope this helps
Steve

Crowley

Post by Crowley » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:05 am

Steevo45 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:04 pm
I’m not far from you, have a look on Facebook if you have it for WLDC metal Detecting group they detect in and around west lancs so not too far from you. Hope this helps
Steve
Thanks mate. I have sent them a message and I am waiting for a response.

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”