ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Hello from frosty Cheshire

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
jaffa

Hello from frosty Cheshire

Post by jaffa »

Morning everyone,

Matt here from North Cheshire, (South Warrington)

I’m looking to get into detecting as a way of spending some much needed soul time out and about away from the stresses and strains of modern life, I’m also a bit of a history/past geek, love the idea of finding long lost everyday stuff ordinary folks have lost.

Detecting is something I’ve wanted to do for about 25 years so I’ve finally decided to do something about it and not knowing anyone who does it thought this forum may be a good place to start.

I’ve no gear yet, but before I go out and spend some cash on the wrong/inappropriate stuff I’d very much like a few days trying it out to get a feel for if it is actually something for me and if so what do I actually need/whats going to be best for me etc.

I know a number of farmers/landowners with some interesting locations so fully expect to be able to get permissions as and when,

So is there anyone who fancies taking me under their wing for a couple of days, showing me the basics of how to use a detector (I’m assuming its not just a case of point and go) and taking out for a first couple of digs?

Matt

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”