ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Hi from Nottinghamshire

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
TruthSeeker

Hi from Nottinghamshire

Post by TruthSeeker »

Hi folks, Adam here.

I'm from the Nottinghamshire area looking to dive into this hobby as soon as I bag some permissions.

I don't even have a detector yet, but will splurge on one the moment someone lets me on their land.

I tried a couple of local farmers last year by knocking on their door and had no luck but I’m giving it another go with renewed vigour! (Waiting for the whole virus situation to blow over, of course!)

I’m currently compiling a list of land owners around my area with the help of Nimbus Maps (commercially owned property data is free!) and the Land Registry (£3 a pop for private owners data, no waiting).

Also signed up to NCMD, just waiting for my membership card. I’m hoping flashing that around with my £10,000,000 insurance certificate will help with the permissions.

There doesn't seem to be any clubs local to me, which is a shame. Maybe I'll start one haha!

So that’s me. Any help/tips shall be massively appreciated.

Adam

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”