New Member In Lancashire

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
eezydigger

New Member In Lancashire

Post by eezydigger » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi. I am new to the forum and to metal detecting. Along with my Son Michael I will hopefully be joining a local club at the beginning of July. We are currently researching which metal detector to buy and so far the Garrett EuroAce is looking favourite. I am looking forward to posting in the forum and asking many questions.
Many thanks and kind regards
eezydigger ::g

sweepstick47

Re: New Member In Lancashire

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:10 pm

Hello 'eezydigger' and son ::g Welcome aboard the forum. The Garrett is probably the most popular detector brand for new-comers to the hobby and they are often retained for long periods!

There are plenty of practical comments in this link from forum members who have user experience of the machine in the field. Good Luck. ::g Regards ss47.

viewforum.php?f=89
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Steevo45

Post by Steevo45 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi and welcome, I too am a newbie and a Lancastrian some great history up here for us to uncover. I have a c scope 3mxi which as a beginner is very easy to use, great battery life, made in uk for uk ground conditions, as a company they have notoriously good customer service and no messing around with settings just switch on and get searching. Can't say what detectors would be better or worse as I have not used others but very easy to use and I found some very small items at good depths which leads me to believe that very small hammered and Roman coin will be easily found (just as soon as I walk over them :)) ) good luck with deciding on what machine you get and when you start searching

Steve

eezydigger

Post by eezydigger » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:04 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome. We have not 100% decided on the detector to go for although as I said we are favouring the Garrett EuroAce but we will take a look at the C Scope 3MXI suggested by Steve.

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

wheelbarrow

Post by wheelbarrow » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:32 pm

eezydigger wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:04 am
Thank you all for the warm welcome. We have not 100% decided on the detector to go for although as I said we are favouring the Garrett EuroAce but we will take a look at the C Scope 3MXI suggested by Steve.
I am in Lancashire near Burnley, no idea about the hobby but have considered becoming involved. Any tips or ideas on where perhaps I may find local advice and friendly guidance.

eezydigger

Post by eezydigger » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:11 am

Hi Wheelbarrow. The first thing I did was find out if there were any clubs in the area. You can find this out from this forum. There are a few in the Lancashire area. I emailed a couple and asked if I could attend their next meeting and that is what I am doing early in July. I would also do a little research on this forum and the internet. Do not jump in and purchase a detector just yet. Wait until you have done the research or attended a club meeting.

wheelbarrow

Post by wheelbarrow » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:41 am

cheers for that , I will make a start with the clubs search, much obliged.

Crocket

Post by Crocket » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Welcome eezydigger, just over the hill from you ( Burnley ) . Sure you will enjoy the forum ::g

eezydigger

Post by eezydigger » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Hello Crocket. Are you a member of a club by chance?

Crocket

Post by Crocket » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi eezydigger yea ill send you a PM

ijlane

Post by ijlane » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Southport here so not too far from you.
good luck in this exciting hobby

Return to “Introduce yourself here”