Hello from Cardiff

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Aceironballs

Hello from Cardiff

Post by Aceironballs » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Finally got out of my chair and decided to get out there and have a go

Bought a Garret Ace 250 and a Intey pin pointer, as a newbie this should be fine to learn with, although I must confess, I really really wanted the Garret AT Pro.

I've spent hours on here picking up tips and trying to absorb as much as I can.. I am so excited to get out and dig something up lol.

I hope to join a club soon, but I want to first get to grips with the Ace 250

Just wanted to introduce myself, but also wanted to thank everyone who has taken the time to post tips and tricks here so newbies like me can hopefully sound like we know what we are talking about when the wife tuts and rolls her eyes at my latest hobby.

I would be grateful if any detectorists in Cardiff or surrounding areas would allow me to tag along one time just so I can get a hang on using my detector.

Thanks

Mark

oldartefact

Re: Hello from Cardiff

Post by oldartefact » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Aceironballs wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:22 pm
Finally got out of my chair and decided to get out there and have a go

Bought a Garret Ace 250 and a Intey pin pointer, as a newbie this should be fine to learn with, although I must confess, I really really wanted the Garret AT Pro.

I've spent hours on here picking up tips and trying to absorb as much as I can.. I am so excited to get out and dig something up lol.

I hope to join a club soon, but I want to first get to grips with the Ace 250

Just wanted to introduce myself, but also wanted to thank everyone who has taken the time to post tips and tricks here so newbies like me can hopefully sound like we know what we are talking about when the wife tuts and rolls her eyes at my latest hobby.

I would be grateful if any detectorists in Cardiff or surrounding areas would allow me to tag along one time just so I can get a hang on using my detector.

Thanks

Mark
The best place to skin your knuckles ... so to speak ... is down on Penarth beach ... its tough but great if you want a fast learning curve, and plenty of decimal coins to keep your interest ... Would also give Celticsearchers a try ... they are a great and welcoming bunch ... tell um John sent you. Good luck.

Aceironballs

Post by Aceironballs » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:42 am

Thanks Old artefact

Never thought of Penarth, so cheers

Had a look around, joined Celtic searchers and letsgodigging (they hold regular digs) so a few things to be going on with

I note there's a club that meets near me Cardiff Scan Club, I emailed them a couple of days ago and hoping to hear back, do you know much about these?

Been more proactive with this than anything else in my life (even my marriage) lol

Cheers again

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Aceironballs wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:42 am
Thanks Old artefact

Never thought of Penarth, so cheers

Had a look around, joined Celtic searchers and letsgodigging (they hold regular digs) so a few things to be going on with

I note there's a club that meets near me Cardiff Scan Club, I emailed them a couple of days ago and hoping to hear back, do you know much about these?

Been more proactive with this than anything else in my life (even my marriage) lol

Cheers again
Yes try Cardiff Scan club, but being a traditional club, they can sometimes have a waiting list. The beauty of celticsearchers is no joining fee and no waiting list. Digs cost £5 and they are a very friendly lot, but loyalty is a priority .. you have to support their digs ... no giving priority to other clubs... and when you sign up for a dig... thats it you've signed up. In other words no messing them around, but show commitment and friendship to the crew and you will be repaid spade loads.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Hello 'Aceironballs' ::g Welcome aboard the forum. I can't add any otherl helpful information to that already given by 'oldartefact'.::g ::g. Enjoy and Good Luck - Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Return to “Introduce yourself here”