My very first outing!

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
HoardingDragon

My very first outing!

Post by HoardingDragon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Hi Everyone! got myself a Garett 250 with NEL tornado Coil and went out for the very first time today!

I had some problems with extremely contaminated soil (literally a coin signal every step), and also a lot of roots which made digging difficult... but managed to find these two bad boys :

First I thought I had scored a treasure box and a halbard on my first hour detecting, but probably a farmers tool and the box is empty - I assume i can throw this (?)

10 minutes in a cleaner field i also found a English Civil War Lead Musket Ball! will go back to this field after i get myself a pinpointer(looking at the deteknix, can get one for 45,-) and hope to make a nice post with finds to show of the beginning of my Dragon Hoard!

Thanks for reading - eager to detect a lot this year ::g

Garett ACE250 + NEL Tornado coil.

Oxgirl36

Re: My very first outing!

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first outing! Looking forward to seeing your future finds and hearing about your adventures ::g
XP Deus
9 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017) - and, at last, 1 in 2018 :D

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Hello 'HoardingDragon' ::g Welcome aboard the forum. I see you're actively seeking a Dragon Hoard.
Well that, is something I must see!! (just ran a quick risk assessment which indicates asbestos gloves should be considered)! :D Good Luck and enjoy your time on the forum. - Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Steve_T

Post by Steve_T » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Welcome aboard, the item on the left is a plough share, you will be finding lots of those until you master the machine, they give some good dig me signals

Also you will be finding lots of farm related items but if you are unsure post them up, you never know

Regards Steve
-----------------------------------------------(ooooooooo)-------------------------------------------------
He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.

Albert Einstein

Dave The Slave

Post by Dave The Slave » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:31 am

Well done on your first outing.
Give the plough share a scrub if you want, there may be some numbers impressed on it PL ??
Cheers ::g
Dave.
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett 400 I

HoardingDragon

Post by HoardingDragon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:05 am

This forum is more active than i thought!

@Steve Thanks for the ID!
@Ss47 Thanks for the tip, was indeed using bare hands - getting gloves soon.
@Dave I don't know what PL stands for, but if its a common plougshare i am not sure if its worth scrubbing and cleaning for numbers - Time better spent digging for treasure i gather :ml (WIll throw this due to the size, weighs a ton too)
Garett ACE250 + NEL Tornado coil.

Steve_T

Post by Steve_T » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:45 pm

As to gloves they are a must, you don't know what chemicals are about or other stuff in the ground, always carry some wet wipes myself to clean up before eating

Also protection against small cuts or nicks to the hands where the nasties can get in, builders gloves or palm gloves are good and easily available and cheap from lots of outlets such as Toolstation or Screwfix

Regards Steve
-----------------------------------------------(ooooooooo)-------------------------------------------------
He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.

Albert Einstein

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Hope your finds improve. Greetings from East Riding.

Return to “Introduce yourself here”