New club formation

Post all your metal detecting clubs related topics here.
UK Metal Detecting Clubs List here -> Metal Detecting Clubs
Mark4674

New club formation

Post by Mark4674 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:04 pm

Hi, mud searchers, myself and fellow member shewolf have been batting around the idea of forming a new club in the Norfolk area between Great Yarmouth and North Norfolk and thought we'd put the idea out there to assertain the level of interest. If this is of interest to anyone please get intouch with one of us to register you interest.

PinkFloyd

Re: New club formation

Post by PinkFloyd » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:23 am

Very best of luck ::g
I’ve been in a few over the years, keep it fun... more of a detecting friends meeting place rather than a ‘club’ with treasurers,chairmen,minutes,etc etc... they bore the life out of most and will only attend a few times before sacking it .

Maybe place a notice in a local free paper ::g

dig-dog

Post by dig-dog » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:08 am

Best of luck with your new venture. I hope you can get enough local interest.

ATB

DD ::g
E-trac 13" ultimate coil.
Full XP Deus 11" coil / hf elliptical coil
Sniper spade

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:06 pm

Well done on considering such a venture ::g

It's an enterprising project and I hope you get sufficient interest to hold two or three meetings in order to establish viability for a club ::g Initially, keeping it relaxed and informal as a few keen hobbyists agreeing to meet-up occasionally for a chat over a beer, is certainly the way to go in my book.

Only when the numbers suggest it, will you need to consider the formation of a simple committee together with a few agreed rules to abide by.

I have to say that I find it very unlikely that any responsible member would become so bored and disillusioned with such an arrangement as to cause them to withdraw their name from the group.

With that in mind, if that were the case, then I suggest they would be little loss to the group.
Good Luck and I hope all goes well ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:16 pm

“ I have to say that I find it very unlikely that any responsible member would become so bored and disillusioned with such an arrangement as to cause them to withdraw their name from the group.

With that in mind, if that were the case, then I suggest they would be little loss to the group.“

I’ve seen it where you can’t speak, make a noise , even asked to leave the room .
Chairman even had a gavel ! that he loved to bang down .
Was pathetic .
On another group you had 2 strikes and your out ...if they organised a dig and you didn’t attend, you were given a warning that you would be kicked out if you didn’t attend the next one .

So like I say, keep it fun , informal, make it somwhere members look forward to going ::g

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:09 pm

Very best of luck .. and hope it gets off the ground, before the detractors. grind you down.
I would add that if someone signs up to a dig, and doesnt attend, for what ever reason, that they are expected to pay the dig fees, or stand whatever consequences the club deems appropriate.. including instant dismissal. That is just the way it is in this game.
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

Mike. T.

Post by Mike. T. » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:47 pm

PinkFloyd wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:16 pm

I’ve seen it where you can’t speak, make a noise , even asked to leave the room .
Chairman even had a gavel ! that he loved to bang down .
Was pathetic .
On another group you had 2 strikes and your out ...if they organised a dig and you didn’t attend, you were given a warning that you would be kicked out if you didn’t attend the next one .

Sounds like great MD clubs ! :))

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:09 pm

:)) , funny in a felt embarrassed for the sad gits way to be honest .

Just remembered something else =)) , first meeting we had to write our first name in a slip of paper and hand it in .
We thought it was so everyone would get to know each other on a more friendly basis rather than just ‘mate’ etc...
Next meeting we were given a sow on badge with our name on and told we had to pay £12 for the privilege =)) =))

Bradrick

Post by Bradrick » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:10 pm

Best of luck Mark... I hope you manage to get it going.

A nice easy, casual start in a pub, 'detectory' chat and some good humour and just take it from there. ::g
Equinox 800
Garrett Ace 400i
C-Scope 1220b

“My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.”

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:18 pm

PinkFloyd wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:09 pm
:)) , funny in a felt embarrassed for the sad gits way to be honest .

Just remembered something else =)) , first meeting we had to write our first name in a slip of paper and hand it in .
We thought it was so everyone would get to know each other on a more friendly basis rather than just ‘mate’ etc...
Next meeting we were given a sow on badge with our name on and told we had to pay £12 for the privilege =)) =))
I would have asked for First name AND Surname .. plus proof of ID.. I will "say no more", other than £12 is cheap in my book. ... "say no more" ... other than put memberships applications up for a vote by the other members/committee. One bad apple in the barrel, contaminates the whole consignment.
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 pm

In respect for the OP, can we please keep this thread 'on topic'. The purpose of this post, was to invite any interested parties in forming a new club in Norfolk, to make contact as suggested. ::g
A disservice is no service at all.

Return to “Clubs Forum”