New detecting club on the Wirral

Post all your metal detecting clubs related topics here.
UK Metal Detecting Clubs List here -> Metal Detecting Clubs
Jackthediggerwirral

New detecting club on the Wirral

Post by Jackthediggerwirral » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi all, im on this site mainly to start up a metal detecting club on the wirral, there doesn't seem to be many clubs in this location and for the local one is impossible to get any reply from these people, so my aim is to get people from the local area and beyond to help set up a mdc that people can join and enjoy , if i get enough people interested in this venture then i will push on and set this up asap, thanks guys, Gaz.

gingerjar1

Re: New detecting club on the Wirral

Post by gingerjar1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Good Luck with your venture.. Hope it goes well for you. Don't forget the ladies as well as the lads when it comes to members... ;'h

Davethepaint

Post by Davethepaint » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi Gaz Im in Stockport but have a caravan in Mold so not far away where on the Wirral are you based. Cheers Dave.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Hello 'Jackthediggerwirral' ::g
A warm welcome aboard the forum and thank you for your introduction. ::g

That's really great news to hear of your intention to set-up a 'new' club in your area. We have members on the forum with extensive knowledge and experience in the setting-up of a club so should you require any information/advice on the subject, please let us know.

In the meantime, here's hoping you have many replies from interested and like-minded Wirral detectorists ::g All the best - sweepstick47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Jackthediggerwirral

Post by Jackthediggerwirral » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:08 am

That sounds really good, im sure i will need a bit of help and a bit of advice along the way, thanks very much, thats very kind, regards, Gaz.

wirral jeffo

Post by wirral jeffo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:52 am

count me in as your first member jack would be good to have a club local to me

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:01 am

A lot of the local clubs use Facebook
One of the North Wales diggers

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:55 am

Jackthediggerwirral wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:08 am
That sounds really good, im sure i will need a bit of help and a bit of advice along the way, thanks very much, thats very kind, regards, Gaz.
There is some great advice on setting up a club. This one in particular is packed with good tips viewtopic.php?f=34&t=83072. Hope it helps and good luck ::g
XP Deus
9 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017) - and, at last, 1 in 2018 :D

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Terrific news that you are looking at starting a new club up,alas i live so far south that i could not make any digs,alot of clubs either new fledgling ones or well establish ones have or gradually doing away with a dedicated website and going on Faceache,the reason i guess is that one does not incur any hosting cost and is alot easier too run.

Alot of detecting related sites like forums have vanished in recent years and on social media,which i can fully understand why.

Good luck with your new club and can see alot of new folks joining.

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Jackthediggerwirral wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:44 pm
Hi all, im on this site mainly to start up a metal detecting club on the wirral, there doesn't seem to be many clubs in this location and for the local one is impossible to get any reply from these people, so my aim is to get people from the local area and beyond to help set up a mdc that people can join and enjoy , if i get enough people interested in this venture then i will push on and set this up asap, thanks guys, Gaz.
The West Kirby club site says " We meet at 7:30pm on the first Thursday of the Month at: Royal British Legion Club, Withens Lane, Wallasey, Wirral, CH44 1BB."
Normally clubs are very impressed with the initiative shown by those who turn up to meetings... its alot better than receiving an e-mail. I can speak first hand because I am a membership sec myself, and when I joined my club about 4 years ago, the very first thing I did was to turn up to their meetings as a guest, and after attending a few meetings I got them to let me join the club early :) :) :) and the rest is history. I dont know what it is, but the personal touch counts for a lot when one is trying to get into a club.
Good luck with your new club.
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

Pfw74

Post by Pfw74 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi Gaz,
I have also been th8nking offsetting up a club on the Wirral, I’m in Bromborough. If you wan5 to get our heads together to see what we can arrange etc jus5 let me know.

Cheers

Paul

littlebudah

Post by littlebudah » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:31 am

Hi,I'm New to metal detecting so joining your club would be a bonus in many senses. So could you please count me in .

Return to “Clubs”