Bristol

Post all your metal detecting clubs related topics here.
UK Metal Detecting Clubs List here -> Metal Detecting Clubs
Mackdeath

Bristol

Post by Mackdeath » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 am

Hi All

Looking for a club in Bristol or close to

I have joint the waiting list for SHRADS (hope I got that right :-SS )

Just wondered if theres anything else, getting 0 permissions at the mo :(

Garret Ace 250
Spade
Hip Flask of Rum...

JBM

Re: Bristol

Post by JBM » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:40 am

Why not try WHRADA ?

Also a strong NCMD supporter.

Jerry.

paint

Post by paint » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi mackdeath I'm just up the road north of Bristol and have lots of permitions you are welcome to join me on private message me to arrange a meet hope it's decent rum gun powder is my favourite
Cheers paint

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:26 pm

Thats a generous offer, hope all goes well, Liam ::g
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm

We all have to start off with zero land (unless you are a farmer!) and many newcomers buy expensive machines without considering where they can detect. In this case Mac is trying to get some land, so good luck to him, he and paint will have a good time out no doubt about that.
Well done, Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Norvs

Post by Norvs » Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 pm

I hope you have some luck with the clubs mate. I live in Gloucester and getting into a club is just about zero. One of the largest clubs in the area has signed an agreement with one of the biggest landowners in the Glos Berkeley area to agree that nobody else in that area is allowed on any land owned unless they belong to that club. Many of the farms are not already owned by the club but are now out of reach to the individual detectorist and getting into the club is near impossible. Having been a detectorist for nearly 45 years I feel it is a massive step back when elitist clubs and organised rally organisers spoil it for the individual detectorist who just wants to go detecting 😢😢 maybe time to hang up the spade.

Bors

Post by Bors » Tue May 07, 2019 8:43 pm

Quote Norvs ,..." One of the largest clubs in the area has signed an agreement with one of the biggest landowners in the Glos Berkeley area to agree that nobody else in that area is allowed on any land owned unless they belong to that club.".

It`s very disheartening to hear that this (and sadly not unusual) sort of selfish, greedy, high jacking behavior, is still flourishing in the detecting fraternities in the UK in 2019.
Will this dishonorable behavior never cease where Clubs feel they need to annex as much land as they can in order to stop other detectorists from detecting ?

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Tue May 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Norvs wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 pm
I hope you have some luck with the clubs mate. I live in Gloucester and getting into a club is just about zero. One of the largest clubs in the area has signed an agreement with one of the biggest landowners in the Glos Berkeley area to agree that nobody else in that area is allowed on any land owned unless they belong to that club. Many of the farms are not already owned by the club but are now out of reach to the individual detectorist and getting into the club is near impossible. Having been a detectorist for nearly 45 years I feel it is a massive step back when elitist clubs and organised rally organisers spoil it for the individual detectorist who just wants to go detecting 😢😢 maybe time to hang up the spade.
Norvis, if you fancy it you could try a short drive to Cheltenham.
I do not know if CHADS http://www.chadsdetecting.org.uk/ are taking on new members or not but its the monthly meeting tomorrow (Weds 8th May, 7:30) at the Exmouth Arms in Bath Rd.

Even if not currently accepting new members you would be welcome as a visitor, I have been told it will be a good meeting (but brain dead and can not remember what about rl;

But sadly we infrequently have club digs.

Evan

Corax

Post by Corax » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:56 pm

I'm south of Bristol and all the clubs here are full too. I'm not trying to gain access to land what I really want is the expertise of people who have been detecting for a while. Right now that's much valuable than a permission. If you find anything and want a buddy send me a message.

andy1973

Post by andy1973 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:31 pm

How far south of bristol? Try MAD minehead area Detectorists, sure there’s spaces. I live in wells and travel to their digs
Makro Kruzer 3 tone
M.A.D member
"I'm praying I find a Hammered or a Roman before my wife... else i'll never live it down"

Corax

Post by Corax » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:10 pm

In Weston Super Mare so Minehead would be possible for me. I'll look them up. Thank you.

Scarabrae

Post by Scarabrae » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Norvs wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 pm
It's this kind of behaviour that also encourages nighthawking and other illegallities as those new to the hobby are pushed into desperaration. Nothing worse than elitism.

Return to “Clubs Forum”