Clubs

Post all your metal detecting clubs related topics here.
UK Metal Detecting Clubs List here -> Metal Detecting Clubs
robman666

Clubs

Post by robman666 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi any clubs or people living in cotgrave Nottingham can help me get started its my first time thanks

oldartefact

Re: Clubs

Post by oldartefact » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:05 pm

The more info you can give .. the better your chances.
Hopefully someone will come up with some internet clubs in your area.. but to get into a "town based" club can be quite tricky... as many operate on a "contribution" basis.
Very good luck, and hopefully someone will come up trumps for you.
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:06 pm

robman666 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:46 pm
Hi any clubs or people living in cotgrave Nottingham can help me get started its my first time thanks
As a first port of call, you would be well advised to take a look at the Forum Guide which contains much help, advice and guidance on a whole raft of metal detecting related subjects. The guide is below for your convenience ::g Good Luck and enjoy your time with us on the MDF. ::g ss47
Forum Guide Here
A disservice is no service at all.

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Getting into a club isn’t easy because many are over subscribed. Quite simply the hobby has become very popular :D You can go along to some as a guest - you go to the meetings but can’t attend their digs. Great way to meet fellow detectorists though :D

I believe attending meetings regularly and being willing to help with the club will help in getting membership more quickly. Or so I’ve been told. But then I’m not a member of a club so that might be a vicious rumour =))
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 23 B-)

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:14 pm
Getting into a club isn’t easy because many are over subscribed. Quite simply the hobby has become very popular :D You can go along to some as a guest - you go to the meetings but can’t attend their digs. Great way to meet fellow detectorists though :D

I believe attending meetings regularly and being willing to help with the club will help in getting membership more quickly. Or so I’ve been told. But then I’m not a member of a club so that might be a vicious rumour =))
Spot on ... ::g ::g
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

Machinist

Post by Machinist » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:59 pm

oldartefact wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:27 pm
Oxgirl36 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Spot on ... ::g ::g
Agree... ::g ::g
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

Return to “Clubs Forum”