Metal Detecting Clubs in Andover Hampshire

Post all your metal detecting clubs related topics here.
UK Metal Detecting Clubs List here -> Metal Detecting Clubs
baldybeardy

Metal Detecting Clubs in Andover Hampshire

Post by baldybeardy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:21 pm

hello everyone. am new to this having just purchased a ace 250 detector. have only been out properly twice and today was rewarded with a enameld bead, lead i think. came home to see what clubs were local to me and could not find one. does anybody know of any clubs in the area. i am at middle wallop. if no one knows of any is anybody interested in putting one together? could do with some expert help. just a thought, let me know.

anne

Re: clubs in andover hampshire

Post by anne » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Welcome to the forum, I am sure there must be a club near you, have you checked out the NCMD listings?
If in doubt,Dig it out.

XP DEUS LITE

PaulR

Post by PaulR » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:54 pm

Hello mate i am from Andover and yes there is a club but they wont let people join, they have a lot of land including around your area. They are a waste of time.
Weekend Wanderers is your best bet they have digs thursdays and sundays around here, there is allso Mick Turrels digs he is at the shop called Leisure Promotions in Newbury.
Weekend Wanderers have a website with all the info on it.
Me n my mate detect out at wallop and have had some cracking bits from around there, but gettin land around here is a bit of a nightmare.
Hope to see you soon on one of the digs.

baldybeardy

Post by baldybeardy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:21 pm

hi. i have seen the wanderers site and will certainly be given them a shout. luckily i am well in the farmers in the area and hopefully shouldn`t have too much problem getting permission to try a few spots. got lucky today and found my first find, a enameled lead bead, clearly very very old. looks great after a clean, a bit of poking around on the net and i am pretty sure its anglo-saxon. i have only been out for a few hours in total and have already built quite a collection of bullets, shotgun cartridges and lumps of lead!! i am really happy with them but wife isn`t so impressed. learning quickly though. had to really or i would be taking a lorry load of iron down the scrappy soon. =)) anyway, will let you know how i do. cheers, nick.

leadfinder

Post by leadfinder » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:22 pm

i'm in Andover too, maybe we should get together and form our own club.
XP Deus
hammered 3
tokens 2
gold 1
silver 4
Lead heaps

PaulR

Post by PaulR » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:37 am

How you two guys getting on any luck with finds ? [:)

Mark mundy

Re: Metal Detecting Clubs in Andover Hampshire

Post by Mark mundy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:36 pm

Hi me and my maye sre fro winchester we are ferly new and we would be intrested in joining a new club in the area thanks mark and stuert

Return to “Clubs Forum”