OLD TOPIC NOW EXPIRED New club essex

Post all your metal detecting clubs related topics here.
UK Metal Detecting Clubs List here -> Metal Detecting Clubs
RichyG

OLD TOPIC NOW EXPIRED New club essex

Post by RichyG » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi Ricky,
Sounds good, I'm interested and hope some other nearby people will be too! :)

sweepstick47

Re: New club essex

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Hello rickyp123 ::g Yours is a commonly voiced problem that's widespread throughout not only Essex but many counties. ;;z With many club membership levels having reached their quota and the increasing numbers on steadily growing 'waiting lists', the situation looks liable to continue.

Under the circumstances, your decision to start and run a new club is a very commendable one, my hat is firmly 'doffed'. ::g ::g

Having been in the position of chairman in the 80/90s, I can see there is now much more to consider than was the case, with much of it being legislative. Of course the one thing that will never change is that the success of any club lies largely in the hands of it's leadership, sound administrative control and the all important full support from it's membership. So I for one, wish you well in the knowledge that there is soon be a 'new' and successful club setting-up in Essex. ::g ::g
Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

sxsi

Post by sxsi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:52 am

Hi,

I'd be interested in joining! Been looking to join a club in Essex, but most are at capacity like you've mentioned. Maybe start with a Facebook group page, and we can discuss freely on that where to start!

Si
X never, ever, marks the spot

AndyM

Post by AndyM » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi, I have sent a short PM with regards a club, thanks Andy.

Jay009

Post by Jay009 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi ricky I'm very interested as well.i can't find a club anywhere.please let me know thanks jay

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Good luck lads, all you need to start off with are around five people who quickly get to know each other and are willing to muck in with everything. Its all down to comradeship, good manners, enthusiasm and respect for each others views. You will soon get enough land between you, enough for a few adventures into the fields. A rural pub could be a good meeting up point, handy place to retreat to if it pours down.. plus pubs are a great place to meet up with landowners. You may not know them but the landlord will and he will be happy to introduce you. Worked well for me over the years, sometimes costs a few pints but well worth it, Liam OooO
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

the-roman

Post by the-roman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Hi ricky,
first of all, best of luck to you. as Liam said, a good bunch of people who are willing and enthusiastic enough to share the running etc is all you really need. patience and understanding that not everyone will agree with you, or you with them, we are all different and have different ideas, so an open club poll is a good way forward. keep discussions going between members, aired openly everything will become clear. discuss a club name that you can all agree on, and again run a club poll so every member has an equal input. looking forward to seeing your new club badge now, ::g
Only the best, XP Goldmaxx power .... F.I.D member ::g
And a proud member of the best club in Somerset, Wessex Searchers MDC ::g
www.wessexsearchers.club

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Wise words indeed, from someone who has just taken those first steps in forming a new club and with a wealth of experience to draw on. ::g
We get many enquiries on this forum from people desperate to join a club and very often they get upset when there are no spaces. So, if a club near you is full, then it means that the time is ripe to form another club!
Small clubs are probably a lot friendlier than bigger ones where the members don't even know who is who. Certainly, thinking that success equals more members is in my opinion false. Its why many clubs choose NOT to expand, even if their meeting place is big enough and they have enough club land. Hobbies can lose the friendliness if they get over complicated, easy enough to forget why you actually get out into the fields! Liam OooO
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

Moxey

Post by Moxey » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi, I'm up near Halstead. Definitely interested in your idea of a new MD'ing club in Essex.
You can't hide from a Deus.

Sandandmud

Post by Sandandmud » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:26 pm

I'm interested, Mike,
Minelab Equinox 800

AKA Sorex Pro
13"x10" 7Khz Coil
13"x10" 5/12KHz Coil
10"x6" 20KHz Coil
10"x6" MarsMD 5/12KHz Coil

CScope CS4Pi

kopparberg

Post by kopparberg » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:34 pm

i have just started a new club in Suffolk just go for it ,surprising how people just suddenly start appearing when they know one is up and running. pick a venue put a post on the forums and even put a small piece in the detecting mags .i can assure you once you start things will happen ,and as been said keep it nice and friendly .you don't always need land as a lot of clubs out there have none .
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

coil

Post by coil » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Hi Graham how are you good luck with new club ::g

coil

Post by coil » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi Ricky I'm member of two Essex clubs good luck I will pop along to if not to far away ::g

simon'67

Post by simon'67 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Ricky, sounds great, PM'd you but I'm a total newbie so shout if it doesn't show up.

Nice work getting this going,

S

kopparberg

Post by kopparberg » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:31 pm

coil wrote:Hi Graham how are you good luck with new club ::g
Hi Bob thank you all going well so far . i am ok not getting out much because of work ,but should be out on a Muddy boots dig Sat . be good to catch up some time . ::g
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:42 am

rickyp123 wrote:Hi all fisrt of would like to thank everyone for the positive response to the topic,I have had quite a bit of interest now so was looking at trying to set up a meeting over the next couple of weeks, I just want try and gauge if there is a prefered day for the majority of people to come along if you could pm me with any ideas will be much apreciated when i get an idea of numbers i will book some were i dont mind paying if it costs will see about getting a bit of food put on as well hope to hear from interested people soon many thanks Ricky
If it was me I would simply say "Crown & Stater pub off hammy roundabout, Tuesday evening at 7pm. Informal meet up to chat about forming a new club. All those interested please come along with your ideas"
I would not bother with booking a room or providing food for the first meeting. The more informal the better to start off with. I would not bother with PM's either as it gets totally confusing and time consuming. All the questions and views can be done over a pint, done and dusted within two hours and then you will have some idea of the interest, plus one or two may have a bit of land where you can all meet up for a few hours detecting. Many "clubs" never get beyond the informal meetings in a local pub and are happy with that. Seems as if you have a lot of interest already and as KB says, keeping it friendly and sociable is important. Good luck, Liam :;@

the-roman

Post by the-roman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:02 pm

As already said, just informal meeting in pub for a chat and get to see a few faces. if you can arrange a club dig asap then that will help get the ball rolling. also, if you are thinking of raising money for charities, then our approach is this, rather than support our own chosen charity, which not everyone will agree on, we tend to leave that up to the landowner on who's land we detect as to where any support goes to. it differs every time and at least this way you get to help out more than one ::g we have only raised around the £200 mark so far, but it all helps. also, we do not have a joining up fee for our club, and we are at out maximum limit already with 35 members ::g we have decided to keep it this size as it's a great bunch and easy for us all to manage ::g
www.wessexsearchers.club

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Well done on that £200 as it can be literally a life saver for some person or group, the amounts gradually add up and there is no middle man/charity company to take their commission. We support the Quidenham Hospice for kids and they value every penny raised.
Good luck with the new club, lots of people on here have been through the process and will be delighted to add their experiences. Small clubs tend to remain friendlier and easier to run, everyone knows each other and helps out where they can. Any idiot who joins is quickly spotted and chucked out.
Must pop into the new club sometime when in Weston Super Mare .. sounds good, Liam OooO

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Sorry to hear that news Ricky, hope things work out ok for Dad, Liam OooO

Digiffys

Post by Digiffys » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:20 pm

rickyp123 wrote:Hi all sorry not moved forward with this unfortuntly my farther has cancer had lots of scans etc going on had some good news yesterday please bear with me for a week or two and will get things in motion thanks for your patiance Ricky
Totally understandable fellar the rest can wait sorry to hear of your fathers news,wish him well from me and im sure the others ::g
History the best story yet!
Xp Deus
Teknetics G2+

Nick2410

Post by Nick2410 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Hello Ricky sounds great, I'm close to Chelmsford and would like to join

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi Nick, please read the posts above and then understand that maybe best to wait a week or so to let Ricky have more time to get things sorted, Liam OooO

RichyG

Post by RichyG » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi Ricky,
No worries, your family comes first. Best wishes to your dad, no need to rush with the club, take it easy mate.
All the best, Rich

Themightyrat

Post by Themightyrat » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi there. I would be well up for joining this group. I am from Chelmsford myself but now in witham. I have a metal detector and had it for around a year now with all intensions in going out and finding saxon gold but haven't had any leads as of yet. no seriously, to be honest with you I aint got a clue what I am doing and joining the club would be awesome.i have wanted to do it for sometime now but as you said in an earlier post everything is a waiting list. getting advice and general chat would be great.
look forward to hearing from you.
simon.

the-roman

Post by the-roman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Just extending best wishes to you and your dad from all of us at Wessesx Searchers MDC mate ::g
www.wessexsearchers.club

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Hello Ricky, I send my most sincere good wishes to you and Dad and hope for a positive outcome.
Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Clive65

Post by Clive65 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi Ricky,

Sending best wishes to your dad. I've pm'd you, cheers mate,

Clive.

riclepp

Post by riclepp » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi Ricky

Sorry to hear the news, sending you good wishes.

Whenever you get the chance, would you be so kind to update.

Regards

Richard

kevinstokes

Post by kevinstokes » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi Ricky. I’m in bishops Stortford and definately interested.

Regards

Kevin

greatchi

Post by greatchi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi Ricky

Best wishes to your dad, I have just been through the same with my mother. When you are ready I would definitely be up for joining. I am in chelmsford if you want to meet up for a chat

Tony

Return to “Clubs”