Bolton Prospectors

Post all your metal detecting clubs related topics here.
UK Metal Detecting Clubs List here -> Metal Detecting Clubs
DionAstro

Bolton Prospectors

Post by DionAstro » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:55 pm

Are there any members here who are in Bolton Prospectors club? Me and a friend joined Bolton club tonight, Im a noob about to buy my first machine, my friend has a GMP. I did all my homework and was torn between a couple of the Teknetics machines and the Quest Q40. Think Im going to go for the Q40 but could also do with being in contact with a couple of the Bolton members as its a bit hard being the new boy!
Last edited by DionAstro on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koala

Re: Bolton Prospectors

Post by Koala » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:08 am

Didn't know they existed

Facebook doesn't seem active. Last dig I can see on there is over a year ago. Not that means much.

There is a mobile number you could send a text

stargazer

Post by stargazer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:00 am

This group if they are still functioning, can be very 'secretive/inept'.

To cut a long story short, I am still on the club waiting list - 8 years later ! You couldn't make it up.
The mighty Minelab Etrac !

I'm UBIQUE! RE

DionAstro

Post by DionAstro » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:49 am

Well I emailed before christmas, got an answer very promptly, was told their first meeting was tonight and who to ask for. Went along to a pretty full meeting, filled the forms in, paid the subs etc etc apparently the website is down but in the process of being sorted. Seems the facebook page hasnt been used in a while, but they do trips with a coach on a regular basis, have permissions and regular digs.

Even had raffles tonight at the meeting and I recon there were 10 raffle prizes which illustrates the numbers.

Definitely not making that up ;)

stargazer

Post by stargazer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 am

DionAstro wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:49 am
Well I emailed before christmas, got an answer very promptly, was told their first meeting was tonight and who to ask for. Went along to a pretty full meeting, filled the forms in, paid the subs etc etc apparently the website is down but in the process of being sorted. Seems the facebook page hasnt been used in a while, but they do trips with a coach on a regular basis, have permissions and regular digs.

Even had raffles tonight at the meeting and I recon there were 10 raffle prizes which illustrates the numbers.

Definitely not making that up ;)
Well yes I went to a couple of packed meetings, with raffles and so on. Filled in the forms. Viking re-enactors.They used to meet at the Over Hulton Conservative club but then moved to somewhere north west of Bolton town centre.But am still waiting to find out what they have done with my membership application. That is a rhetorical question.

I suspect 'Mollie' is still running the group ?

Anyway I wish you the best with them.

But I have wasted enough time and effort and phone calls with them in the past. Just putting my experience out there as I know I am not the only one that has had problems with them.

These problems that some have, suggests a strong element of cliquishness in that club I suspect ?

p.s. They have been sorting out their website even longer than I have been waiting - that is probably about 10 years now. :)) I don't think they want a 'public face' to their club they would rather recruit within. I don't live in Bolton.
The mighty Minelab Etrac !

I'm UBIQUE! RE

DionAstro

Post by DionAstro » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:30 am

Meetings are third Thursday of each month at the Reform Club on Chorley Old Road, Bolton BL1 4JA

Im not from Bolton, had no contacts within, I simply got the email address from the website which was up when I first searched for it. I took a friend along too and he also joined.

Koala

Post by Koala » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:21 pm

stargazer wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:00 am
This group if they are still functioning, can be very 'secretive/inept'.

To cut a long story short, I am still on the club waiting list - 8 years later ! You couldn't make it up.
I've no chance then.

Shame as I can stay over in Eccles which is only down the road.
Last edited by Koala on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timmy 64

Post by Timmy 64 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:26 pm

An ATM is a cash machine i thought =P~

DionAstro

Post by DionAstro » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Timmy 64 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:26 pm
An ATM is a cash machine i thought =P~
Brain fart induced typo now corrected, its a GMP (Greater Manchester Police to you ;) )

Return to “Clubs”