Open dig - Roll up Roll up on Sunday 2nd September

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
garrettoldboy

Re: Open dig - Roll up Roll up on Sunday 2nd September

Post by garrettoldboy »

zoeeleanor wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:29 pm
Also this is not a club...this is a group for like minded people who want to detect with others. I want it to be friendly, polite and respectful particularly to the landowner. The money has so far gone to the farmers own charity that they set up for underprivileged women in Africa. I am more than happy to take anyone to meet and thank the landowner who I am sure would be happy to confirm that they received £750 from the first dig.

I need nothing and make nothing from organising the digs expect the pleasure of spending time with polite and friendly people.

No-one has to attend or join the group, and by all means, if you can dig cheaper then please feel free to do so.

I will probably not post here again due to the negative criticism when I just thought that it was good to share. I will limit my advertising for the group to the facebook page from now on.
hello, well done Zoe,

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy »

garrettoldboy wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:50 am
zoeeleanor wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:29 pm
Also this is not a club...this is a group for like minded people who want to detect with others. I want it to be friendly, polite and respectful particularly to the landowner. The money has so far gone to the farmers own charity that they set up for underprivileged women in Africa. I am more than happy to take anyone to meet and thank the landowner who I am sure would be happy to confirm that they received £750 from the first dig.

I need nothing and make nothing from organising the digs expect the pleasure of spending time with polite and friendly people.

No-one has to attend or join the group, and by all means, if you can dig cheaper then please feel free to do so.

I will probably not post here again due to the negative criticism when I just thought that it was good to share. I will limit my advertising for the group to the facebook page from now on.
hello, well done Zoe, shame your so far i would be quite happy to pay for a charity dig, i was thinking to try and put some on myself like you but i know it is so much hassle and your mention of the conduct code others i went to in the past were never respected, so my best wishes, ps can you put a link to the charity by a PM CHEERS

hairyharry

Post by hairyharry »

Morning all, I went to the first pink wellies dig in Reed,
And it was a great day out, well run and organised, well done Zoe and co.
Could not make this week's as had other plans, but I will be attending the dig on the 9th, and I am looking forward to it.
Freindly and basic, what more could you want.
Well done pink wellies 👌😀
Graduated from the XP ADX 250 then the GMP and now on the Deus
Now paired with the Equinox 800

stjimmy1980

Post by stjimmy1980 »

Saffron wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:53 am
stjimmy1980 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:32 am
Just wondering how it went? I've registered for next Sundays dig and very much looking forward to it ::g

Hopefully we will get some feedback, from either Zoe or those that attended - preferably both.

stjimmy1980 in case Zoe has been put off by the negativity from a few on here when you see her next week can you please explain that the majority on here are supporting her and that we would like her to continue posting about her digs on here, as some do not use Facebook and would still like to attend.

Evan
Sure will do
Deus lite WS5
Garrett pin pointer
YT Ivys metal detecting UK

thefiggis

Post by thefiggis »

Sorry, but off topic posts removed, however valid they may have been in the general scheme of things.

This topic is about the rally and those intending to attend. It's now finished and apparently to good reviews, so well done Zoe

Thanks all ::g
Essential equipment:
Some sort of electrical gubbins(I'm told it's a Deus). In various colours
Jenkins
Gin.

Dave8472

Post by Dave8472 »

Just seen this post as I haven't been around for a while

Can I just add I attended the dig and had a great day, I will be returning to the next one on the 9th to

I had a Roman coin and a few other nice bits, several of my friends attended and also found some good stuff

Dave ):=
Minelab Equinox 800 : 15", 11", 6” Coils
XP Deus V3.2 - WS5 : 9" Coil
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Garmin eTrex 20 GPS
Past Detectors : Explorer Se Pro, CTX3030

Return to “Rallies Forum”