Want to learn all about detecting? Newbie (and others) Training Day 11th May

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
bob79

Re: Want to learn all about detecting? Newbie (and others) Training Day 11th May

Post by bob79 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:32 pm

liamnolan wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:58 pm
Plus pen and paper to make some notes. If you can consider bringing something along for the raffle, that would also be very much appreciated. If anyone attending has anything they wish to sell then bring it along, could help someone starting out. I am now checking out those who will be giving some talks and sorting out a rough timetable for the day.
Ciao, Liam OooO
Cheers Liam, was meaning to ask if there was going to be a raffle.
Have you applied your Celtic charm to any of the detector supplier/manufactors for a donation.

Bob ::g

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Re: Want to learn all about detecting? Newbie (and others) Training Day 11th May

Post by liamnolan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:59 pm

WeatherWitch - No probs, will add you now! Please read back through this topic as it has all the info on whats happening, glad to have you on board! Liam OooO
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=108229&p=958002#p958002
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Blackadder43
Admin

Post by Blackadder43 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:36 pm

Bump ish
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

nubsey

Post by nubsey » Wed May 01, 2019 11:00 am

This sounds great. Put me down for detecting friday and saturday. Can you give the actul location, I have looked and found it is in Purton Glous, but what farm etc. Is there a post code. I have serched through the post but have either missed it or cannot find it.
Nubsey
Nox 800
Tesoro silver sabre U max

Blackadder43
Admin

Post by Blackadder43 » Wed May 01, 2019 12:19 pm

nubsey wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:00 am
This sounds great. Put me down for detecting friday and saturday. Can you give the actul location, I have looked and found it is in Purton Glous, but what farm etc. Is there a post code. I have serched through the post but have either missed it or cannot find it.
Nubsey
Hiya, this information will be made available nearer the actual date
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Wed May 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Putting you on the list Nubsey ::g Cheers, Liam OooO
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

nubsey

Post by nubsey » Wed May 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Many Many thanks to both of you. It's nice to know we are on the list
Nox 800

Porker

Post by Porker » Wed May 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi,
If there are still spaces could I put my name down for the Saturday please? I can only drive down on the day from near Aylesbury, Bucks so if anyone wanted a lift there I would be happy to pick up.
Matt
Garrett AT Pro

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Thu May 02, 2019 11:41 am

Hi Liam,

Can you drop me a PM with a contact number please? I need to have a chat and I have PM'd you a couple of time and not had any replies so I think something has gone a drift somewhere..

Regards,

Peter
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Thu May 02, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi Matt, I will put your name down now, Pete, no record of any PM's from you, I will send you one myself! All the best, Liam OooO

oliverb5829

Post by oliverb5829 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Good afternoon Liam,

Unfortunately due to family commitments I won't be able to make it, please can you cancel me of the list, really sorry for the short notice, all the best to everyone attending and hats off to the organisers 👍🏻

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Thu May 02, 2019 3:22 pm

Thanks for letting us know, kind regards, Liam

paint

Post by paint » Sat May 04, 2019 11:34 am

Less than a week to go now... things are starting to fall into place. The venue is in the village of Purton in Gloucestershire, as the photos show - a lovely spot! Details of dig fields will be available on or nearer the day. A few options are available, watch this space!

It is possible to camp at the venue but please pm me so that I can ensure I have numbers. I have included directions to the venue below. Please can you try to arrive around 9am on Saturday for registration as the talks are scheduled for start at 9.30am. For people arriving Friday, we will meet at the venue below at 4.30pm hopefully to be on the field at 5pm. Please private message me if you are going to be later so that I can issue you with directions to appropriate location.

pur1_30 rs.jpg

Directions to.... Timber Pond House (& Daunceys Farm) Purton Berkeley Glos GL13 9HY

From the North - Travelling south down the M5 Come off Junction 13 M5 (follow signs south down A38) Whitminster roundabout. A38 south to Bristol Go 5 miles down A38

If you use the satNav Do NOT take the RIGHT turn off the A38 to Gossington. (about 6 miles from destination) Go on down the A38... ..until you see the Prince of Wales Hotel on your Left and then turn Right signposted PURTON (signpost on bridge recently removed!)
1.8 miles down there Turn Right (finger signpost to Purton) Into Purton follow road (sharp L corner)...up out of Purton 400yds (Entrance to Daunceys Farm through gates on Right)
Past large sandstone house on right, and Timber Pond House is the Red Brick house 100yds past this.

From the South - Travelling north up the M5 Come off Junction 14 M5 (turn L [to Falfield] then Right follow signs north up A38) A38 north to Gloucester Go 5 miles up A38
Take the SHARP turn Left off A38 signposted to Purton, Halmore, Breadstone 1.8 miles down there Turn Right (finger signpost to Purton) Into Purton follow road (sharp L corner)...up out of Purton 400yds (Entrance to Daunceys Farm through gates on Right) Past large sandstone house on right, and Timber Pond House is the Red Brick house 100yds past this.
Raffle prizes - if you have anything you wish to donate then that will be much appreciated.
Tea and coffee and light refreshments will be available throughout the day, feel free to bring a packed lunch but please note that the venue is approx 10 mins from the nearest shops.
pur2_30 gate.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:14 pm

Are there any toilets? I'll need to prepare myself mentally if I there aren't =))
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 18 8=ypr

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat May 04, 2019 12:29 pm

Super facilities, will be a very enjoyable event. Please note that if you wish to attend then you MUST get your name on the list first. Simply post on here, Liam :;@

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:40 pm

How far is the Tudor Arm's from the venue, Paint?

nubsey

Post by nubsey » Sat May 04, 2019 7:18 pm

There is talk of a drinky poo Friday night. Is that in a local pub, or is it a bring your own bottle type of drinky poo. I am ok with both, but not to keen to drink and drive.
Nox 800

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sun May 05, 2019 3:11 pm

No doubt the people arriving on Friday will enjoy the odd tipple in the Tudor Arms hotel, where several of us are staying, Liam -=+:-P :d!

fred

Post by fred » Sun May 05, 2019 3:38 pm

Thanks Liam. I'm looking forward to it. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

WeatherWitch

Post by WeatherWitch » Sun May 05, 2019 4:16 pm

fred wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:38 pm
Thanks Liam. I'm looking forward to it. ::g
Me too! ::g ::g ::g
CScope CS4PI
Equinox 800

Slapster

Post by Slapster » Sun May 05, 2019 9:47 pm

So very sorry, but I am going to have to cancel.
I have an issue that will need my attention that weekend.
Apologies for the short notice, but I only became aware of this today.

Hope you all have a great and informative time and well done to the organisers for an awesome idea....

Steve
Regards from The Slapster, Cornwall, UK

Who used to have an open mind, but his brains kept falling out......

Equipment Details:
XP Deus 28RCW5
XP MI-6 Pointer
Shovels, Scoops, Bags, Coats, gloves and shoes.......

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Sun May 05, 2019 10:45 pm

Anybody else intending to camp on the Friday night?
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:39 pm

I'm down to camp, need to dig the tent out.

nubsey

Post by nubsey » Mon May 06, 2019 1:28 am

Yes I am camping, although the wife tells me it might get cold in the night. Still a few pints of anti freeze in the pub will soon sort that out
Nox 800

Cha62

Post by Cha62 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:20 am

Hi, yes i am camping aswell arriving Friday lunchtime but will be in my motorhome.
So no worries for me about a cold night :)
Really looking forward to this weekend. I have only just had my first day out last week.

Cheers Cris.

nubsey

Post by nubsey » Mon May 06, 2019 5:22 pm

We just sold our caravan last week. Shame because it would have been great to just unhitch it, and then be ready to detect
Nox 800

Luke Grey

Post by Luke Grey » Mon May 06, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi all,

Despite looking forward to this and an actual inland dig with baited breath, I am now unable to attend.

I would rather let you know now, other than not just turn up!

Sincere apologies and absolutely gutted as was soo looking forward to meeting experienced users with a series of questions I was going to ask, already in my mind.

Trust you all have a fab day and such a fantastic idea.

Now please, after the lessons go find a hoard of gold, a few drinks with friends and create great
memories.

Luke.

paint

Post by paint » Tue May 07, 2019 8:15 am

Sorry you can,t make it Luck thanks for letting us know
This brings me to a question to all that are coming do I put food on Saturday lunch time or will most bring a packed lunch there will be tea and coffee and biscuits available on the day and included in the cost the nearest shops are about a 20 min round trip all so chip shop so could take orders other than that could do a cold buffet for £5 per head if there is enough wanting this option will need too know numbers by Thursday please PM me or Liam your favorite option
Cheers Paint

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Tue May 07, 2019 9:33 am

Hi Ian,

Put me down for a cold buffet ...otherwise I’ll bring a packed lunch...

What time will we be calling it a day on Saturday? Just planning my journey back....

Thanks again to you and Liam for organising all this, it’s very much appreciated,

Regards Peter.

Edited to add just found a B&B in Berkley so no wet tents for me now lol
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Tue May 07, 2019 1:41 pm

A cold buffet sounds very good, yummy! :d!
We should be out on the fields detecting (to a much higher standard) by 3pm, then everyone is supported by our group of mentors. I think by 5pm there will be a gradual drift off the fields.
The first morning part of the event is crucial, we have a lot to cover and I am especially pleased that we have Keith Westcott speaking at 11am, he will be explaining his Institute of Detecting activity, certainly NOT to be missed. I have not run that timing past Ian yet!
Weather forecast looks promising ::g I have sent out six requests for raffle prizes, Nigel from Regtons has just agreed to send something, fingers crossed with the others.
The day will be as good as we make it. Plenty to discuss and learn but its those attending who will as ever, make it a success or not. We ALL have lots to learn and I am looking forward to what others have to say. The most valuable thing you may find at this event is new friends ::g We all share a common excitement to find buried heritage but along the way we can also find friendships that will last you a lifetime.
Looking forward to meeting you all, Eric and myself will be rolling in early on Friday afternoon hopefully, depending on Friday traffic :-O
Liam :;@

Return to “Rallies Forum”