Go Minelabbing

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
Oxgirl36

Go Minelabbing

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:23 am

*PLEASE NOTE ALL RALLIES IN THIS SECTION (unless clearly stated as an MDF event) HAVE NO CONNECTION WITH THIS FORUM.*
Please contact the organisers for further information. Their contact details can be found below. Posting a question here for the organisers will not get you a response.

It’s on again this year. Reports from those that attended in 2018 weren’t good. Strongly recommend you read this thread and ask questions of the land before booking this year ::g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 18 8=ypr

Bern

Re: Go Minelabbing

Post by Bern » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:08 pm

Has anybody signed up for this one?
Cheers,
Bern

Iced Tiger

Post by Iced Tiger » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:27 am

Not yet, asked them if it will be the same land as last year. They said it was a different farm in the next village.
Primary, Equinox 800 (still learning) ):=
Secondary, SWMBO with her Go-Find 60
Or should that be reversed. ;))
Thirdly, X-Terra 705

Machinist

Post by Machinist » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Iced Tiger wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:27 am
Not yet, asked them if it will be the same land as last year. They said it was a different farm in the next village.
You need to be asking if it has been detected on before, lots of land around there has been detected by clubs in the past.

I belong to a club of about 60 members who live within easy traveling to that area, last year we got an inkling as to where the dig was being held not one member went on that dig.

Ray
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:52 pm

Machinist wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:57 pm
Iced Tiger wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:27 am
You need to be asking if it has been detected on before, lots of land around there has been detected by clubs in the past.

I belong to a club of about 60 members who live within easy traveling to that area, last year we got an inkling as to where the dig was being held not one member went on that dig.

Ray
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wise words indeed. And read the feedback from last year.
Opinions expressed on MY posts are mine and NOT those of any democratic organisation I volunteer for. ::g

JunkFinder

Post by JunkFinder » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:18 am

Where was it last year? This is very local to me and I was concidering attending.
XP Deus Lite 11" Coil
C.Scope 6MXi
Garret Pro Pointer
4 milled silver, 1 Roman Bronze, 1 Roman Brooch

bob79

Post by bob79 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:23 am
*PLEASE NOTE ALL RALLIES IN THIS SECTION (unless clearly stated as an MDF event) HAVE NO CONNECTION WITH THIS FORUM.*
Please contact the organisers for further information. Their contact details can be found below. Posting a question here for the organisers will not get you a response.

It’s on again this year. Reports from those that attended in 2018 weren’t good. Strongly recommend you read this thread and ask questions of the land before booking this year ::g
Click on this thread u;@ will take you last year's posts.

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Just a little balance in response to the posts from people who complain/moan about attending rallies and then not finding anything, well this has happened to me too, but I don't moan or complain about the situation, because, and this may come as a surprise to some of you...

I have been on my own fields and found nothing there too x;

This is what happens, there are no guarantees, just go to the rally, do your best, mingle with the other detectorists, and try to have a good time.

It is not easy getting land for yourself, try getting land for two hundred or more detectorists, I for one wouldn't know where to start.
I support one or two local rallies, I never expect to find much, it is great if I do, it is great if others do, I just go to support the charity and hang with like minded people, the detecting is secondary.
I have met some great people at these rallies, and through this forum, that to me is what it is all about, just being there wherever there is, and having fun, rain or shine.

And remember, as each year passes, the fields have less in them, that my friends is just the nature of the game ::g B-)

BM [:)

Walk that line, torn apart
spend your whole life trying.
Ride that train, free your heart,
it's midnight up in Harlem.

Midnight in Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band

Bern

Post by Bern » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Got my ticket for the Saturday. Looking forward to it. ::g
Cheers,
Bern

Rah7265

Post by Rah7265 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Very well put Bargeman your post does balance out the negative tone of the debate.
I have detected with people who complain about not finding anything then suggest that items are planted at rallies for us to find, the organisers can’t win.
Without the people who are prepared to put in the effort to find land for rallies and club digs there would be a large number of people with nowhere to go.

DOGMAN

Post by DOGMAN » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Important factors to bear in mind before attending a rally is whether the fields have been detected previously (for obvious reasons). I expect many detectorists are on low incomes or retired and have to save hard before splashing out on tickets, transport costs and food etc
One of the rallies I attended years ago, still had tokens littering fields from a previous rally.
Do your research before parting with your hard earned wonga ans accept you may still find diddly squat.
Etrac/10x12 sef coil
" Drinking Rum before 10:00am makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic".

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:03 pm

hello, i think bargemans right you pay your money and take your choice, i did a lot of rallies back in the day before these detecting come business groups got going, i would not go on one now unless its for a charity event, even those are less common, as a side note did anyone see the news story on another coil to the soil event ?

Return to “Rallies Forum”