Want to learn all about detecting? Newbies (and others) Training/Detecting 2nd Feb 2020

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
detecting rod

Re: Want to learn all about detecting? Newbies (and others) Training/Detecting 2nd Feb 2020

Post by detecting rod »

can i confirm my place and one for the mrs please,shes not got a detector yet but keeps threatening to get one ,looking at long-range weather looks like it might be a bit rough ,will event still go ahead as that might be my only issue if sleet/snow im traveling up from london night before and roads might not be to great

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Re: Want to learn all about detecting? Newbies (and others) Training/Detecting 2nd Feb 2020

Post by liamnolan »

Thanks will amend the list accordingly. Weather - we are always at the mercy of it but fingers crossed we will still have a good event. Te fields at our disposal are wrapped around the farm building in the afternoon, plenty of history there to come up. So even if we get some rain etc we can nip in and out I suppose. If it gets too bad then of course we will need to make a decision. Its pay on the day, which is better for any eventualitie, Liam ::g
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan »

Hi all, can you please confirm with me that you are attending this event? Thanks, Liam
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Runnerflash

Post by Runnerflash »

Hello Liam, I am unable to attend, good luck to you all.
Regards
Fred

Yellowdog

Post by Yellowdog »

Hi ,Liam I hope to be there weather depending,not much fun in the rain .
I only have a beginners detector so hoping to have a go with a proper one .

Maximum71

Post by Maximum71 »

Thank you so much for organising this. Myself, husband and son (Max) will all be there and looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Jo ::g

Wardie94

Post by Wardie94 »

Yellowdog wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:22 pm
Hi ,Liam I hope to be there weather depending,not much fun in the rain .
I only have a beginners detector so hoping to have a go with a proper one .
Hi we hope to see you there, they’ll be a wide selection of metal detectors to have ago with
100+ Georgian penny’s
37 hammered coins
3 milled
2 roman
1 gold posy ring
Nox 800
At pro + gold
Ace 200i
Market rasen based

Hofling

Post by Hofling »

liamnolan wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:34 am
Hi all, can you please confirm with me that you are attending this event? Thanks, Liam
Hi Liam,
please confirm me and my 8y old daughter. My wife should join, but does not have a detector, and probably would just hang around (maybe watch the talks, so she doesn't get bored?). Would she have to pay also, if she went in these conditions?

Thank you,

Christian.

Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Hi Liam,

Unfortunately I cannot attend on this date - absolutely gutted. I have family commitment I cannot move. I'm sure you'll all have a brilliant time and I look forward to hearing all about it.

I'm dm you as well.

Regards
Steve

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan »

Thanks Steve, family come first, all the very best, Liam

Wardie94

Post by Wardie94 »

Bumping this please say if you can attend or if anyone else would like to come, many thanks
100+ Georgian penny’s
37 hammered coins
3 milled
2 roman
1 gold posy ring
Nox 800
At pro + gold
Ace 200i
Market rasen based

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan »

Hofling wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:35 pm
liamnolan wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:34 am
Hi Liam,
please confirm me and my 8y old daughter. My wife should join, but does not have a detector, and probably would just hang around (maybe watch the talks, so she doesn't get bored?). Would she have to pay also, if she went in these conditions?

Thank you,

Christian.
No probs Christian ::g She will be very welcome, Liam

metalpete15

Post by metalpete15 »

Hi, are there still spaces left for this event if so please put me down to attend? Thank you.

arfur_sleep

Post by arfur_sleep »

Count me in please Liam ::g

Merneo

Post by Merneo »

Hi, Liam - I Can confirm now

As I am dyslexic - any chance you will be producing some notes to go with the event ?

they help - as I don't have take full notes in the event just add what I need

An example might be printouts of powerpoint used printed etc

let me know -

Thanks

Paul

PS I don't expect notes would be free (someone has to pay for printing ) - so happy to pay
Nokta Macro Simplex+
Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2

John Willetts - Made - Hand Digger
Roughneck Micro Shovel Round Point

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

Ferret man

Post by Ferret man »

Hi Liam

Me and my daughter are definites - looking forward to it! Not been on here for a while

Thanks
Colin

Wardie94

Post by Wardie94 »

Merneo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:39 pm
Hi, Liam - I Can confirm now

As I am dyslexic - any chance you will be producing some notes to go with the event ?

they help - as I don't have take full notes in the event just add what I need

An example might be printouts of powerpoint used printed etc

let me know -

Thanks

Paul

PS I don't expect notes would be free (someone has to pay for printing ) - so happy to pay
Hi I’m sure we can arrange a printout for you 👍
100+ Georgian penny’s
37 hammered coins
3 milled
2 roman
1 gold posy ring
Nox 800
At pro + gold
Ace 200i
Market rasen based

Merneo

Post by Merneo »

Hi,

Thanks I am sure I would not be the only one to appreciate whats on offer

Paul
Nokta Macro Simplex+

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan »

No probs Paul, it promises to be a really good day, for any level of detectorist, spaces still left so anyone interested post on here, Liam ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan »

https://www.whiteswanmarketrasen.co.uk/book_room.php
Just got off the phone with this place. Its possible that the new club we are forming may meet there on Monday nights, they do rooms and so worth a try if you need a place to stay. Perhaps mention the new club for a good deal? Always worth a try!
I will be sending out more exact details this coming week, but can I ask those who have not confirmed their attendance one way or the other, to do so asap? Thanks, Liam :;@

Daveyeos

Post by Daveyeos »

Hi Liam, being from Sleaford you are just up the road, would love to join in with the fun and learn some tips off the experts. Please count me and advise of details. Thankyou.
Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Garrett 400i

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan »

Great to have you included! Read through the posts as the general info is all on there. I will however make contact with everyone who has SAID they are coming, actual life, family, work, relationships, winng the Lotto ... all have potential to not turn up for this important event! Liam

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan »

Great to have you included! Read through the posts as the general info is all on there. I will however make contact with everyone who has SAID they are coming, actual life, family, work, relationships, winng the Lotto ... all have potential to not turn up for this important event! Liam

arfur_sleep

Post by arfur_sleep »

Hi Liam
I am going to have to drop out of the Training/Detecting day unfortunately due to having cataract surgery on the 30th January and its a 3 week recovery period with no bending or physical work. Such a shame because was so looking forward to it. I hope the day is a great success ::g

liamnolan

Re: Want to learn all about detecting? Newbies (and others) Training Day Feb 2nd Lincolnshire

Post by liamnolan »

liamnolan wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:45 pm
Been very busy on all fronts but below is what has shaped up today. I am indebted to Wardie and his Dad-in-law Richard for sorting out some excellent land and lots more. ::g
Location - Tealby area - https://romanlincolnshire.wordpress.com ... hoard-pot/ Village Hall for the morning talks, but booked all day for us, handy for toilets. Address will be posted soon.
Date - Sunday 2nd February.
Time - 9am arrival for registration, tea/coffee and intros.
Cost - £15 per person, every penny goes to charity. Perhaps Air Ambulance this time. Cash on arrival. Bring some cash for the raffle .. drawn before we head off to lunch.
Finish - Its sunset at 4.50pm so we will be off the land by 4.30pm latest.
Who can attend - MDF members only, plus any family members. Pets are fine.
Topics for morning discussion include;
The history of metal detecting, the Laws, where you can and cannot detect.
NCMD/FID - which to choose and why. Insurance cover, who speaks for your hobby?
How to get a Permission, some tips on what works, applying to landowners and parish councils. What can YOU offer in return, building trust and respect.
Machines - how they work, coils, control box and knob twiddling, varying frequencies, headphones, tools, GPS, clothing etc.
Researching your land - maps, online tools, sourcing information, why it makes a difference.
Planning your detecting day, rest breaks, food/drink, weather issues, parking up, security of yourself and equipment, being aware of livestock, gate security, farm vehicles, permission paperwork, mobile phone.Talks and demo's from our own experts.
Midday - you can bring along some sandwiches etc or visit this local pub - http://thekingsheadtealby.co.uk/ for a pint, food, natter.
1pm - Some good land will be available, probably rotted stubble. Never been used for events, just one or two detectorists over the years. Some MDF detecting gurus have offered to join you on the land to carry on the tuition. I am indebted to them.
Test Beds - Practical demo's of effective detecting - tidy digging on pasture, coil swinging and ground coverage, speed Vs finds recovery, depth, systematic straight line, grid or headless chicken?
Charity Raffle - I will beg prizes from manufacturers, plus you can donate some if you wish! ::g
Below are those who have asked to attend.

1 - Wardie - confirmed - contact Ash re anything you need to know re the area
2 - Yellowdog - Neil Howell - confirmed
3 -
4 - detecting rod & boss - confirmed
5 - georgedabub (possible)
6 - CombatMedic170
7 -
8 - fred - GURU overall, plus Nox expert
9 - petef
10 - metal-pete
11 - Zyrbalax (possible)
12 - Merneo (possible)
13 - Hofling & daughter
14 - Dafydd -
15 - Stacey burnett
16 - Machinist - GURU
17 - Maximum & hubby & 9yrs old son - confirmed
18 - &hubby
19 - & 9yrs old son
20 - Ferret man
21 - & daughter
22 - Skytriker
23 - ChrisW
24 - Richard - confirmed - Kindly providing the land!
25 - Sweepstick47 - confirmed - distinguished all round brilliant bloke GURU
26 - thefiggis - whose capacity for gin would have Oliver Reed running to his mother =))
27 - Daveyeos - confirmed
28 - Mementomori
29 - & boss
30 -
31 -
32 -
33 -
34 -
35 -
36 -

Can anyone NOT now able to attend please post on here and I will amend the list. Likewise any POSSIBLEs also confirm their place.
We will have tons of land but I want all those attending to have some first class tuition. I learned so much last time and of course its always a real privilege to actually meet you all for real ::g
My local club - LHSS - may join us on the day, super group of people who love the hobby and always keen to help promote it.

I will add more information as its needed, but we have the essential ingredients for another brilliant MDF event. We are not just a detecting forum, we are also a "family" who look after each other. Any queries just post them up, Liam :;@ Chief event slave
Getting a bit nearer! Please check that your name is on the list and if not let me know, plenty of spaces, everything looks good for the days events, Liam :;@

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan »

arfur_sleep wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:00 pm
Hi Liam
I am going to have to drop out of the Training/Detecting day unfortunately due to having cataract surgery on the 30th January and its a 3 week recovery period with no bending or physical work. Such a shame because was so looking forward to it. I hope the day is a great success ::g
No probs, health is far more important, I was born with eye problems and had many ops, good luck with the procedure! Liam ::g

Merneo

Post by Merneo »

Hi, Liam

I am confirmed as said b4 (status on list not changed) - how are the details coming along etc

will they just be posted here - or will we get a pm or an email etc

let me know - thanks

Paul
Nokta Macro Simplex+

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan »

Hi Paul, I will contact everyone individually beforehand but just turn up at Tealby Village Hall on Sunday 2nd Feb at 9am - https://www.thisistealby.com/tealby-village-hall We will have refreshments available, quick intro from myself and then our guru's will impart some good knowledge re the hobby that will prove valuable. We are right in the village, next to the local village shop and the Kings Head pub that has real ales http://thekingsheadtealby.co.uk/ After lunch its out on some fields about 5 mins drive away for the afternoons detecting.
This event is suitable for ALL levels, good sound advice from people who have been successfully detecting for many years. All the best, Liam :;@

Mementomori

Post by Mementomori »

Hi, just joined the site and new to detecting (don't even have a detector yet) but could you put myself and my wife down if we aren't too late? What's the cost please?

Many thanks.

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan »

Will put your name on now, cost is £15 each, all the info is in this thread, scroll up a little and you will see it, good to have you on board, EVERY penny goes to Air Ambulance, Liam :;@

Return to “Rallies Forum”