DETECTOR DAY FOR THE FORUM MEMBERS

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
Rodi££ian

Re: DETECTOR DAY FOR THE FORUM MEMBERS

Post by Rodi££ian » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:55 am

I am not sure if the site works, I am in Yorkshire on Aol and it says I am in London on Talk Talk. It could be me that doesn't understand it.
Invites to print off could be sent by pm?

T2se
Garrett Propointer

fhay

Post by fhay » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:53 am

This is getting complicated now, I don't have a printer and no idea of IP address. How about we post our NCMD card number, a list could be compiled and checked against our cards on arrival? Frank.
Ace 250 DD coil
Euroace
Ace 150
Propointer
Best finds:
2 gold rings
2 silver rings
silver fob
silver T bar
silver coins:
2 half crowns
7 florins
14 shillings
36 sixpences
4 threepences
1 Washington qtr 1952
1 standing liberty qtr 1927
1 50 centimes 1901

festivalitch

Post by festivalitch » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:43 pm

Count me in please which ever way it goes. Oh and by the way aol is owned by talk talk which is car fone warehouse. :D
MINELAB E-trace: garrett probe

mouse

Post by mouse » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Both me and the wife would like to go on this one if possible.
Mick

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools: Douglas Bader

C-Scope CS1220XD
C-scope cs5mx
Garret Pro pointer
Black Ada SS foot assisted trowel

Shufly

Post by Shufly » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:08 am

I think I will just come with my m8 Festivalitch,, he knows who I am,, and to make doubly sure,, I will bring a photo of myself,... :)

crezzi1

Post by crezzi1 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:17 am

just to update the farmer is not home til tonight hes been away to a wedding in (scotland) all weekend ill be on his case on tuesday give him chance to catch up on sleep(ha ha) cant wait looking forward to it !!!!!!!!!!!!
THE WIFE WANTS ME OUT FROM UNDER HER FEET PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! A TESORO CORTES AND I SEE NOTHING OF HER EVERY ONES A WINNER

fisher f75 se
garret propointer

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED SKYDIVING ISNT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

plasticop

Post by plasticop » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:17 am

This all sounds great to me. 380 miles round trip for me but I am up for it if it goes ahead :D :D Well done guys!

paulmac1

Post by paulmac1 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:31 am

good idea mate am in for a days detecting

Oldest Swinger

Post by Oldest Swinger » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Hope there will be room for myself and my little helper we not far away and just love travelling and meeting fellow detectorists.

Paul
DEUS

I may be slow but can still get to my knees for the glint of gold

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:25 pm

Paul, there will always be room for you and your little helper, don't worry about that! ;)
Things are moving along well and pretty soon we should be able to post a lot of info re what the date is, facilities and so on. Looks like there could be a good turnout for the event, so thats good for the charity. I will be meeting up with crezzi later on and we can then make some plans.
As I have originally offered to buy everyone a pint, thinking this would be a small affair for some interested Forum members, I will have to restrict the numbers to just five people ..... only joking! May have to mortage the house to pay for drinks though!
It will be good to put a few mug shots to names, Liam =))
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Oldest Swinger

Post by Oldest Swinger » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:53 pm

liamnolan wrote:Paul, there will always be room for you and your little helper, don't worry about that! ;)
Things are moving along well and pretty soon we should be able to post a lot of info re what the date is, facilities and so on. Looks like there could be a good turnout for the event, so thats good for the charity. I will be meeting up with crezzi later on and we can then make some plans.
As I have originally offered to buy everyone a pint, thinking this would be a small affair for some interested Forum members, I will have to restrict the numbers to just five people ..... only joking! May have to mortage the house to pay for drinks though!
It will be good to put a few mug shots to names, Liam =))
Any help you may need (as long as not physical) dont be afraid to ask as I have loads of time on my hands at the moment (someone may have to help me get my socks on though lol). I am blest with maybe one of the best farmers and land but still like to get out and about. On the subject of farmers he has given me a field of 10acres of stubble and as my recent posts show, it is probably gonna be one hell of a site. Well to cut long story on Saturday me and little one turned up to find it no longer stubble but fine tilled he as only gone and deep ploughed it then informed me it will not be planted till next April. What a guy hehehehh
Anyway like I said you need any help on administration of this dig let me know.

Paul
DEUS

I may be slow but can still get to my knees for the glint of gold

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:51 pm

Count me in and possibley 3 more members from here as well :)
My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.
Body of a God, Buddha

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:38 pm

shufly had a great idea that I wish I had thought of =)) =)) =))
To make sure that we only have forum members on the great day out, he suggested that anyone wishing to attend should send me a PM. I could then put their name on the list and give them a number for entry on the day. We could then have someone big, dark suit and glasses and armed with a Mini Draper to check people arriving "Your names not on the list, you don't come in" B-)
A lot will depend on how much land we have and facilities to cater for a crowd.
I will start to take names as from now, so send me a PM, even if you have already sent one!
We are probably looking at £10 cash on the day as it is for charity. Liam B-)
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

barryny

Post by barryny » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:23 pm

Might I make a suggestion to make your event even more exciting for the charity and have everyone in the community "rooting" for your great finds plus having the possibility of getting even more land permissions in that area in the future...

Since you are required by law to split the proceeds of any treasure 50/50 with the landowner you should try to make the event agreement to read as follows:

25% of treasure to landowner
25% of treasure to finder
50% of treasure to charity

So the 10 pound per person entry will generate some good will but in the case of treasure found it would make for an amazing story.
DeepTech Gold
DeepTech Smart
Deus

jim k

Post by jim k » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:07 pm

what a great idea im all for good causes

supanan

Post by supanan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi my brother and me would love to come, sp please count us in

Shufly

Post by Shufly » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:39 pm

crezzi1 wrote:just to update the farmer is not home til tonight hes been away to a wedding in (scotland) all weekend ill be on his case on tuesday give him chance to catch up on sleep(ha ha) cant wait looking forward to it !!!!!!!!!!!!
So What Happened,? is it on or not.? :-w

Shufly

Post by Shufly » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:20 am

The Silence is deafening,. so is it on or not.??? because I'm slowly beginning to think it was another story that in reality could'nt deliver the goods in the first place,. :-w I hope I am mistaken as I am looking forward to this one,. :) .
Last edited by Shufly on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnTiTy

Post by EnTiTy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:22 am

Yes still on lost my dog on monday night so crezzy was kindly running me about to get him cremeated etc on the tuesday. Plus the fact he dislocated his thumb at work which has not helped matters any so we still need to go see the farmer which will be done as soon asap and when time allows.

Dont be so negative! Things pop up that are more important than swinging a detector sometimes.

Here if you want proof and your a sceptic http://imageshack.us/f/62/gizmoeo.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://imageshack.us/f/853/dsc2474m.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

were not in the game of making things up or lying to people.

coil

Post by coil » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:36 am

hi entity sorry about your dog could you please just put possible date up 4 rally so i could see if could make it please :)

EnTiTy

Post by EnTiTy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:44 am

cheers coil, that's to be agreed yet as soon as we see the farmer it will be on a weekend on a sunday thats for sure in late december early january these need to be arranged yet and details will be posted on here and the farm location much closer to the date! we have plenty of land/farms round the area of the castle/church and also land close by to roman doncaster town centre which could also be included without problems to the rally on the same ticket.

urban1

Post by urban1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:05 pm

Shufly wrote:The Silence is deafening,. so is it on or not.??? because I'm slowly beginning to think it was another story that in reality could'nt deliver the goods in the first place,. :-w I hope I am mistaken as I am looking forward to this one,. :) .
Looks like you have never had to organise a rally or you would know what,s required before giving a dig date and location. ( give the guys a chance )

EnTiTy

Post by EnTiTy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Sorry for being a bit shirty early on was in a mood shufly as you can imagine and im looking forward to it as much as you it's new land for us aswell so raring to go!

Dave8472

Post by Dave8472 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:05 pm

EnTiTy wrote:Yes still on lost my dog on monday night so crezzy was kindly running me about to get him cremeated etc on the tuesday. Plus the fact he dislocated his thumb at work which has not helped matters any so we still need to go see the farmer which will be done as soon asap and when time allows.
Sorry to hear about Gizmo EnTiTy :(

Organizing a Rally is a mammoth task guy's, finalizing details takes time including final dates as often a farmer will not commit to nearer the time, I am sure details will be posted as soon as there is any news , please be patient ;)

Dave
Minelab CTX3030 : 17", 11", 6" Coils
XP Deus : 11", 9" Coils
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Garmin eTrex 10 GPS

supanan

Post by supanan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:43 am

Please add Wilkie to your list

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 am

Hi all, still waiting to hear back from crezzi after the meeting with the farmer and then we can get things rolling along. We just need to fix the right date and then we can quickly do everything else.
Re names for the day, I can only accept these by the individual sending me a PM and I then transfer that request into a special folder. Later on I will send each person a 4 digit number which will be their ID on the day, perhaps also a sticker with the forum username so that we can spot each other? One thing to keep in mind is that original idea for all this still remains - an informal gathering of Forum Members for a days detecting and a good natter. It will be as organised as we can and raising much needed cash for a good cause is brilliant but I don't want to be bombarded by all sorts of rules and regulations. I want the day to be an enjoyable one for everyone who turns up with the right attitude. Crezzi seems to have access to lots of land and so I think there will be ample opportunities for some good finds on the day. Crezzi tels me that he has some solicitor behind the scenes who will ensure that all is done within the legal framework.
So, I now wait for the date and we can then all make plans, Liam ;)

coil

Post by coil » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:15 pm

hi liam keep up the hard work i know how hard this is ive been to enough rallies i hope to come but is a long way depend on date approx two hundred miles away maybe a bit less well done all involed :)

Philthy Phil

Post by Philthy Phil » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Think I may have to throw a sickie if this turns out to be one of my on-shift days! B-)
Minelabbed to the bone!

CTX 3030 with 'a few' coils
X-Terra 505 & many coils
Pro Find 35
2 metal knees
Trusty Zippo

Eagles may soar on high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

Hutchy

Post by Hutchy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi
I have 3 here that would be intrested
where is the Location ? times etc

Cheers
Hutch

crezzi1

Post by crezzi1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:14 pm

im keeping liam updated and dont wanna be putting any dates as they are not 100% confirmed but as for land thats sorted =D> possible that we may have 2/3 weekends(sundays) running
THE WIFE WANTS ME OUT FROM UNDER HER FEET PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! A TESORO CORTES AND I SEE NOTHING OF HER EVERY ONES A WINNER

fisher f75 se
garret propointer

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED SKYDIVING ISNT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Rallies Forum”