FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012 ..2013?

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
Oldest Swinger

FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012 ..2013?

Post by Oldest Swinger » Sat May 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi all, Liam and myself have been working behind the scenes over the six months trying to get the much awaited Forum Weekend Dig back on track. The reason for all this delay Is that Liam was working with a forum member who had promised us some great land up near Doncaster but sometime towards Christmas just as Liam was expecting to meet up with this chap, he suddenly went awol!
As I had told Liam early on in the organising that I was prepared (being at that time sat at home twiddling my thumbs) to do anything required to help, Liam rang me around Xmas and and asked if there was any way I could help from my end.
I promised I would do my best to try and find us some land in a central position in the UK to give everyone a fighting chance of travelling.
Anyway after 2 months of sending letters (over 200) with only a dozen of the SAE being returned and all of them saying "sorry cant help" I changed tack and went on an all out phoning spree. Most calls ended in an answerphone so I was surprised when I got a call within the first half dozen farms saying "I think I can help you"

EUREKA

So we have the whole of the August Bank Holiday weekend 25th/26th/27/August, a large 47 acre field in sunny Leicestershire.
There will also be a seperate strip of land put aside for anyone who wishes to camp. This will be basic (no water) and the farmer has stipulated No open fires, so we need to be careful with the BBQ!
Land will be light stubble, undetected, scheduled roman villa about 200m away.
The Farmer is kindly providing the land free of charge and will be arranging for a burger/bacon buttie van to be in attendance for the weekend. Due to my recent illness I asked Liam and the farmer if we could donate any money raised to Cancer Research and that is agreed.
With regards to the recent sad news about Darien (one of our favourite friends on here) Liam and myself feel it right that we use this event as an opportunity to remember Darien and I will donate a small trophy to be won in memory of Darien (will work out later what it will be won for and how it will be judged).
Obvously for security reasons there will be no location given until closer to the time but I can tell you it is only 3-4 miles from Liecester City Centre

Location -Leicestershire
Ground – Stubble
Camping - Yes - free
Car parking - Yes - free
Food - Yes (not free!)
Toilets - Yes
Finds Tent - Yes
Company stands/displays - Hopefully yes.
FLO - Hopefully yes

Cost - £10 per day. Note - Farmer has declined any money and is happy for ALL of the proceeds to go towards the Cancer Research Charity.
Insurance - All attendees MUST have a valid NCMD/FID membership.
Numbers - We think approx 40 will be enough per day.
Pre-booking ONLY through this forum, no turning up on the day.
Strictly Forum members only.

I know that Liam still has a very long list of members from our last aborted attempt but we would now need to make up a fresh list as there has been such a massive turnover of membership.
To apply, in the first instance reply to this post, then send a PM to me and quote your NCMD or FID membership number. State what day(s) you would like to attend. If you require more local knowledge on the site you can contact me on this post. We will collect money on arrival.
We cannot guarantee good weather or that you will come away with a roman hoard, but it is a great chance for us all to meet up and have a good time. Local pub is not too far away, Liam will be camping each night to ensure you all behave and prevent nighthawking =))
Lets all have a great weekend and do Darien proud. Any updates can be viewed on this thread.

Paul
Last edited by Oldest Swinger on Thu May 24, 2012 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

DEUS

I may be slow but can still get to my knees for the glint of gold

Blackadder43

Re: Forum Dig.

Post by Blackadder43 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Well done guys...lots of hard work....and fantastic that the proceeds go to such a deserving cause...
Unfortunately the distance for me would be too much
But
I am going to donate £10 to the dig and pretend that i am there for the day (hopefully i will make a good virtual find and win the trophy ::g )
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

Oldest Swinger

Re: Forum Dig.

Post by Oldest Swinger » Sat May 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Blackadder43 wrote:Well done guys...lots of hard work....and fantastic that the proceeds go to such a deserving cause...
Unfortunately the distance for me would be too much
But
I am going to donate £10 to the dig and pretend that i am there for the day (hopefully i will make a good virtual find and win the trophy ::g )
Cheers Bruce what I will do is have half hour sweeping the Deus for you that way you know you will win hehehhehehehhehh

AM a DEUS AM a DEUS

Paul
DEUS

NeverWntd2Dance

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by NeverWntd2Dance » Sat May 12, 2012 10:50 pm

So up for this ::g
Etrac & Laser Hawkeye
Garrett pro-pointer
Aardvark spade
Member of South Yorkshire MDC :)
+ Plenty of hope and enthusiasm 98;

alloverover

Post by alloverover » Sat May 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Would love to come OS but i never have been and 'proberbly' never will be a member of NCDM or FID, i do feel like i will be missing out on this occasion though :( , would love to meet everyone :( , i mean that sinceraly.
I will be donating a tenner though, if you let me know how in due course, cheers buddy ::g

Machinist

Post by Machinist » Sat May 12, 2012 11:19 pm

If you can not come to Doncaster then Doncaster will just have to come to you B-)

I will be able to come on Monday 27th and may be able to bring a couple more Donny members without Transport if any need it.

PM Sent

Ray
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

Oldest Swinger

Post by Oldest Swinger » Sat May 12, 2012 11:25 pm

I will not reply to all on the post but will and have done so far in pm. Please be sure you Pm me your Card number and what days you want to attend. Those that can't but still want to donate (I don't know how I could ever thank you all) me and one of the forum staff (the staff member realy lol) are looking into a safe online method of donating so please watch this thread for details and anyone alread offered I will pm you details once sorted.

Thanks can't believe the response already

Paul

Ps I went out detecting today too am knackered but will clean me finds and post em tomorow all you Deus users check it out you will find something of interest
DEUS

Oldest Swinger

Post by Oldest Swinger » Sat May 12, 2012 11:44 pm

slinky wrote: Have you heard of Sponsume? might be worth looking into as seems simple, its free they don't charge or take anything when finished, and safe.... You could maybe take payment from everyone in advance that way too .......?
http://www.sponsume.com/
Just a thought :-/
Thanks Slinky we will look into it.

Paul
DEUS

gavnsal

Post by gavnsal » Sun May 13, 2012 7:49 am

Hi Paul
Well done for getting this dig organised ,we were up for the last one and still up for this one :D look forward to meeting other forum members :D
Sal and me will attend 25th ::g
PM sent
HIS
XP DEUS
T2 SE
E-Trac
GARRETT PROPOINTER
DRAPER MINI DIGGER

HERS
TEKNETICS T2
GARRETT PROPOINTER
DRAPER MINI DIGGER

Danzigman

Post by Danzigman » Sun May 13, 2012 9:09 am

From AAlborg ? Or CPH.. Edit. I found it CPH to East midlands airport. A bit of a detour for me, but no problem. Goes over Gremany and Belgium.. Is ther domestic fligth from London to East midlands airport.. Or Train ??.. Please do Pm not to overload post.. Thanks
Last edited by Danzigman on Sun May 13, 2012 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

brett27

Post by brett27 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:16 am

Well done guys,Great work, U can count me in ::g :)) :))
Minelab Explorer 2 + S.E.F
Garrett Pro pointer

Oldest Swinger

Post by Oldest Swinger » Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 am

Just an update. As things progress little issues arise this is just a couple and possible remedies.

1. FID. and NCMD cards do not have forum usernames so can't check cards validity.
Remedy, Could you all when pming your required dates please include your actual names (Initial and Surname will suffice).
2. Payment, There has been a little confusion on how to pay and we are now looking into advance payment to guarantee your chosen day/days.
Remedy we are looking into secure online payment either Paypal or other (we may be able to include entry fees within a donation site).

Someone also asked if there would be a limit of detectorists per day and we think around 1 person per acre (though this is only a guideline). We are also looking into leaving some untouched on first day to ensure most have at least some virgin land on the Sunday Monday will be a free for all on all the land.

Any more queries just ask.

Paul
DEUS

Ratae

Post by Ratae » Sun May 13, 2012 11:33 am

Oldest Swinger wrote:
Ratae wrote:Typical, this is possibly the best chance i get to meet a few of you and i'm working with no chance of getting leave!! ;;z And its probably right on my doorstep too :D . Danzigman, you could fly into East Midlands Airport if there is anyone to pick you up? Only 25 miles from Leicester and easy to get to....
Easta Mids is only 10 miles from my house John and if you prepared to slum it we do have a small (very small) spare bedroom. You are welcome to stay I would pick you up from airport (East Midlands) then take you each day to the dig and drop you off at the airport for your return flight.
We would feed you for the weekend all free of charge mate.

Paul
This is what make this forum special....
Had a B3, now its morphed into a GMAXX!
Roughneck spade
WS1 'phones
Flask!!
NCMD card

pinkypixie

Post by pinkypixie » Sun May 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Would love to attend this as it's not far from me

Have just joined NCMD to secure a place, anyone know how long membership takes to come? ;'h

cracker jack

Post by cracker jack » Sun May 13, 2012 12:16 pm

pinkypixie wrote:Would love to attend this as it's not far from me

Have just joined NCMD to secure a place, anyone know how long membership takes to come? ;'h
Mine came with in 1 week of paying by paypal no need to worry pinkypixie HH cracker ::g ::g ::g

Rodi££ian

Post by Rodi££ian » Sun May 13, 2012 12:19 pm

pinkypixie wrote:Would love to attend this as it's not far from me

I would like to think that your card came in time but if you telephone the number where you applied then they will tell you your number over the phone, this is what some of my club members had to do recently with success.
T2se
Garrett Propointer

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Sun May 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Its all looking good so far and I am sure we will iron out any problems as we progress towards August. My original idea for this event was and still is, to get Forum members togther for an enjoyable couple of days detecting. Its 47 acres and so we cannot allow too many people along. Priority is being given to actual forum members who have helped make this forum that bit special, so it is possible that we may have to decline applications on behalf of spouses and children if we get oversubscribed. I hope that does not sound horrible. This applies to actual detecting and if they are not on the land detecting, then there will not be a problem.
Anyone found with a soft drink can with a ring pull will be immediately expelled!
Many thanks to Paul for doing the busy parts of all this, I am off down to London to the O2 Arena for the week but will be online. Hope some of you manage to get out today and find some goodies, Liam ::g
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

jesterjim

Post by jesterjim » Sun May 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Too far for me unfortunately..... :( :( :(

Jim. :(

NeverWntd2Dance

Post by NeverWntd2Dance » Sun May 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Noo Jim :(
Etrac & Laser Hawkeye
Garrett pro-pointer
Aardvark spade
Member of South Yorkshire MDC :)
+ Plenty of hope and enthusiasm 98;

Oldest Swinger

Post by Oldest Swinger » Sun May 13, 2012 3:52 pm

pinkypixie wrote:Thanks cracker jack and Rodi££ian.....might give them a call if it's not here within the week ::g
Anyone who does not have FID/NCMD can still aply to come on this dig on the understanding they aply now and give us membership number as and when their card comes through. Usualy takes about 14 days from cleared payment to recieving card.

Paul
DEUS

metalmick67

Post by metalmick67 » Sun May 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Just done my NCMD membership .
I phoned the guy for the yorkshire region as they have meets etc and was told it be here a couple of days after he gets the form etc:)

so im in for the full weekend if i get a dog sitter :)

pinkypixie

Post by pinkypixie » Sun May 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Oldest Swinger wrote:
pinkypixie wrote:Thanks cracker jack and Rodi££ian.....might give them a call if it's not here within the week ::g
Anyone who does not have FID/NCMD can still aply to come on this dig on the understanding they aply now and give us membership number as and when their card comes through. Usualy takes about 14 days from cleared payment to recieving card.

Paul
Ok, thanks Paul.....I payed online through paypal, so hopefully that'll be a quicker turn around ;'h

digger360

Post by digger360 » Sun May 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Would have loved to attened this rally to meet up with the forum members
but being a bank holiday the familly must come 1st so i can't attend but i would love to donate £10 as its for a good cause
just let us know how to donate
minelab CTX 3030
tinitus and a badback

jesterjim

Post by jesterjim » Sun May 13, 2012 4:52 pm

OK folks....just chatted with the wife and she says 'Go'....so me and Whatunearth will come along..we'll meet up after all Laura....

Jim. ::g ::g ::g

Daniel o' Beirnes

Post by Daniel o' Beirnes » Sun May 13, 2012 5:33 pm

i would like to go to this one

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sun May 13, 2012 5:54 pm

PAYMENT FOR THE FORUM DIG
We are asking for payment up front to ensure that anyone applying actually turns up, otherwise we lose the payment and someone else could have slotted into the vacancy.
What I propose is that all payments go through my own business account. I will pay the commission on those bank charges and will then create a cheque for the final amount, payable to Cancer Research or whatever Paul is happy with.
This is what you need to do;
Apply to Paul to see if there is a space. If and when you are allocated a space, you then need to make the payment. Each day costs £10, so you will be paying either £10, £20 or £30.
Banking online is easiest, but the payment can be done over the counter in a bank as well.

HSBC
sort code 40/35/09
account name LP Nolan t/a UKRSA
account number 92357526
amount £10/£20/£30
payment reference - hoardgrabber (or whatever your forum username is)

When I see the payment arrive in the account, I will immediately inform Paul who can then tick that payment off. Remember to put your username on the payment reference.
I am very touched that some members wish to donate a sum of money instead and all they need to do is follow the same steps as above, but also let Paul know that it is a donation. All such donations will be acknowledged on this forum.

This is our first Forum event, something that has been on the backburner for too long.
I am REALLY looking forward to seeing everyone, I will bring along some bits and pieces I have found and I am hoping that others do likewise.
I also intend to find a big cool box for the lagers ..... =)) =))
Thanks all, Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Whatunearth

Post by Whatunearth » Sun May 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi there.
If you are going for longer than 1 day, say 2 days do you want £20 in your account, or is it still £10 and then we pay for the others days up there?
Greg
He who dares wins!
E-trac
GMP
Minelab Safari with 12" Sunray coil.
Cscope 6mx
Garrett Pro-pointer

Oldest Swinger

Post by Oldest Swinger » Sun May 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Whatunearth wrote:Hi there.
If you are going for longer than 1 day, say 2 days do you want £20 in your account, or is it still £10 and then we pay for the others days up there?
Greg
It is pay in advance we did think paying on the day would be fine but as Liam says it would be a mistake for us to close a day as bieng full before all had paid as if someone did not turn up then others who missed out would not have had fair chance.

WSo to clear it up if you intend to go for multiple days then the total number of days must be paid as directed by Liam..

Can I also ask could you all still pm me your details before payment then I can pm you conformation that there is still vacancies (we dont want you to pay and then find the day full.

Paul
DEUS

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sun May 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi Greg, you pay for each day you have been allocated by Paul, so its either £10, £20 or £30.
I will amend my earlier post. The Monday will see access to all of the field, free to roam where you wish, thanks, Liam :;@
Anyone bringing a guitar?

aaron1969

Post by aaron1969 » Sun May 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Payment sent cant wait .oops missed the bit about waiting sorry guys let me know what day if any i could go if not keep it for the charity
Last edited by aaron1969 on Sun May 13, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rallies Forum”