FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012 ..2013?

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
Post Reply
lost
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by lost » Thu May 31, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi, My wife and I are new to the forum. We would like to attend the rally if there is space. We have sent a Pm but had no reply. Many thanks Ray



User avatar
liamnolan
Moderator
Posts: 11372
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 767 times
Contact:

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by liamnolan » Thu May 31, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Ray, if you have sent your message to Paul, he is very busy with work at the moment but he will catch up over the weekend. I think the Sat is full (if everyone pays up) but we also have the sunday and on the Monday we will no doubt find that HUGE roman hoard of 3,000,000 gold coins that everyone else missed! It should be a very enjoyable weekend anyway, Liam ::g
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

mcbain
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by mcbain » Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 pm

Sorry to disappoint you Liam but I plan to find that hoard mid afternoon on the Saturday and be sitting having a beer with the Flo around tea time counting the gold sovereigns and celtic coins =)) =)) =))
One life...make every day count.
Minelab CTX3030

User avatar
Oldest Swinger
Posts: 3382
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:35 pm
Location: Derby
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by Oldest Swinger » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:10 pm

mcbain wrote:Sorry to disappoint you Liam but I plan to find that hoard mid afternoon on the Saturday and be sitting having a beer with the Flo around tea time counting the gold sovereigns and celtic coins =)) =)) =))
In your dreams hahahaha bye the way do you need accomodation for the weekend the offer of our spare room is still open mate.

Paul
DEUS

I may be slow but can still get to my knees for the glint of gold

mcbain
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by mcbain » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Cheers Paul, I have sent you a PM.
One life...make every day count.
Minelab CTX3030

User avatar
liamnolan
Moderator
Posts: 11372
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 767 times
Contact:

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by liamnolan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Those attending for this magnificent Forum Weekend Dig are invited to post on here what days you will be attending and with what machine.
Many of us are interested in seeing all sorts of machines in action and maybe pick up a few tips here and there. I will have the Deus and ProPointer.
Also, if anyone is bring some finds to show, that would be interesting. I will have the stater, some roman, the odd hammy and a Bronze Age axe head, Liam ::g
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

gavnsal
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by gavnsal » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Gav n Sal will be attending saturday. Sal will have her Euroace ,Propointer and more jam than hartleys and I will have the Deus ,Propointer and the batteries from Sals Euroace =)) ( Shhhhh dont tell her she wont notice ;) )
Gav

Daniel o' Beirnes
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: Birmingham
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by Daniel o' Beirnes » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:03 pm

UB40 i will be bringing my e-trac some other yoke. and my own pub

jesterjim

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by jesterjim » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:15 pm

I'll be there Sat/Sun and bringing the E-trac...the old Eagle Spectrum and hopefully a guitar!....I'd better start practicing!.....'O Sole' Mio! (:| .....

Jim. =)) =)) =)) =))

mcbain
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by mcbain » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:16 pm

E Trac & Pro Pointer & 4 leaf clover
Keep practicing Jim =))
Ger
One life...make every day count.
Minelab CTX3030

User avatar
Machinist
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: DANVM
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by Machinist » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Coming Monday only and will be bringing a Golden Mask 3 to winkle out all the goodies that the rest of you have all missed on Sat & Sun =))
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

User avatar
NeverWntd2Dance
Posts: 2949
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by NeverWntd2Dance » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Laser Hawkeye ::g

xx
Etrac & Laser Hawkeye
Garrett pro-pointer
Aardvark spade
Member of South Yorkshire MDC :)
+ Plenty of hope and enthusiasm 98;

stephenbeetleman
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:29 pm
Location: Belfast Northern Ireland
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by stephenbeetleman » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi Guys,

I'll be there Sat and Sun.. Liam is importing me a guitar from Norwich thanks to Ryanair looking 100 quid for me importing mine! .. I'll be bringing my Minelab Sovereign GT and Pro Pointer provided i can find a luggage case that is at least 82 cms long .... 8-} :))

Cheers
Stephen
Minelab Sovereign GT

SEF 15 X 12 Coil

Garrett Pro Pointer

User avatar
GREGGOWREX
Posts: 4962
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:04 am
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by GREGGOWREX » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:34 pm

my whites classic ..is coming with me ...cant wait ::g
If I was to live to over 300 years old , would I end up in a museum ?
Euro tek pro 11inch coil
The early bird gets the worm , The second mouse GETS the cheese ;)

cracker jack
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: bury st edmunds suffolk

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by cracker jack » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Safari coming with me but might have upgraded by then HH cracker ::g ::g ::g

User avatar
liamnolan
Moderator
Posts: 11372
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 767 times
Contact:

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by liamnolan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:59 pm

It might also be a good idea to bring along anything you want to sell and maybe donate 10% of the proceeds to the Dig fund for cancer charities. If we post any details in advance, then people will know what items may be available on the day they are there, a good chance to offload that spare detector and allow someone else to start off a youngster on detecting?
Once something is posted on here as intended for the Forum Dig, it would have to be kept until then and no sneaky PM's behind the scenes to buy it! Liam :;@ :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

pinkypixie
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by pinkypixie » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:12 pm

There on Sat with my faithful little ace 250 ;'h

User avatar
Oldest Swinger
Posts: 3382
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:35 pm
Location: Derby
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by Oldest Swinger » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:37 am

bump
DEUS

I may be slow but can still get to my knees for the glint of gold

aaron1969
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by aaron1969 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:44 am

Will be there with my fisher F5
Tent
scene of humor
Coors
icebox
bbq
AND TOILET PAPER SELLING AT £1 A SHEET COME SUNDAY /MONDAY AFTER A FEW DODGY BURGERS I WILL BE RICH =)) =))

aaron1969
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by aaron1969 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:46 am

liamnolan wrote:It might also be a good idea to bring along anything you want to sell and maybe donate 10% of the proceeds to the Dig fund for cancer charities. If we post any details in advance, then people will know what items may be available on the day they are there, a good chance to offload that spare detector and allow someone else to start off a youngster on detecting?
Once something is posted on here as intended for the Forum Dig, it would have to be kept until then and no sneaky PM's behind the scenes to buy it! Liam :;@ :;@
Can i put the wife up for sale !!! :D :D

User avatar
liamnolan
Moderator
Posts: 11372
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 767 times
Contact:

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by liamnolan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:52 am

aaron1969 wrote:
liamnolan wrote:It might also be a good idea to bring along anything you want to sell and maybe donate 10% of the proceeds to the Dig fund for cancer charities. If we post any details in advance, then people will know what items may be available on the day they are there, a good chance to offload that spare detector and allow someone else to start off a youngster on detecting?
Once something is posted on here as intended for the Forum Dig, it would have to be kept until then and no sneaky PM's behind the scenes to buy it! Liam :;@ :;@
Can i put the wife up for sale !!! :D :D
Strange enough, I have the same request from her! Liam =)) =))
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

aaron1969
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by aaron1969 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 am

liamnolan wrote:
aaron1969 wrote:
liamnolan wrote:It might also be a good idea to bring along anything you want to sell and maybe donate 10% of the proceeds to the Dig fund for cancer charities. If we post any details in advance, then people will know what items may be available on the day they are there, a good chance to offload that spare detector and allow someone else to start off a youngster on detecting?
Once something is posted on here as intended for the Forum Dig, it would have to be kept until then and no sneaky PM's behind the scenes to buy it! Liam :;@ :;@
Can i put the wife up for sale !!! :D :D
Strange enough, I have the same request from her! Liam =)) =))
She loved that one :D :D

carper
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:25 pm
Location: Canvey Island, Essex

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by carper » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:11 pm

I'll be there with my GMP. Iv only used it a handfull of times but im gaining confidence each time :D

Im not much of a drinker, so i'll be bringing a kettle and plenty of Tea =)) =))
Goldmaxx Power

http://www.detectingwithcarper.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Oldest Swinger
Posts: 3382
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:35 pm
Location: Derby
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by Oldest Swinger » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:53 pm

carper wrote:I'll be there with my GMP. Iv only used it a handfull of times but im gaining confidence each time :D

Im not much of a drinker, so i'll be bringing a kettle and plenty of Tea =)) =))
Excellent machine and being so close to a Roman Villa may just be the right machine if there a lot of iron nails etc about.

Paul
DEUS

I may be slow but can still get to my knees for the glint of gold

gatekeeper
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by gatekeeper » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Will be there with my Deus + large coil and me new pop up tent that can be a ##### to pop down again.

sxsi
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Upminster, Essex
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by sxsi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi, me and Frogman will be there on Sat and Sun, I have a Fisher Goldbug DP, wishing for good weather! X:)
X never, ever, marks the spot

Pastseeker
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:52 pm
Location: Norwich
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by Pastseeker » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:07 pm

The JCB for the hoard and a dumper to carry it in.... just joshing =)) we be there all day saturday and sunday so It's the trusty GMP for me and the MXT for Ninja also the most important thing coming is plenty of Beer!!

Roll on August ::g
XP DEUS
Put the coil to the soil
Dig a hole like a mole
And hope it's old or made of gold ::g

norfe1984
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:19 am

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by norfe1984 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:20 am

has this meet exceeded the numbers wanted? is there any places left ??
thanks
Ian
T2

mcbain
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by mcbain » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:28 am

Hi Ian, send a PM to Liam and he will give you details.
One life...make every day count.
Minelab CTX3030

JD666
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:46 am
Location: Northants

Re: FORUM WEEKEND DIG 2012

Post by JD666 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 pm

im there all 3 days as long as my back holds out lol, will have my little Garrett 150 with me,just bought a bigger coil for it so hopefully will get a few things.not sure if ill camp but will probably come in the trusty rusty VW camper anyway

Post Reply

Return to “Rallies Forum”