FORUM DIG 2013 - NOW FULL

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

FORUM DIG 2013 - NOW FULL

Post by liamnolan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:46 am

Hi all, after many months of visiting sites up and down the UKand chatting to lots of people, I can now say that we have some dates and a place for the 2013 Forum Dig. The pasture was sourced by a forum member who has done a really brilliant job of linking up with a local farmer and his wife and who are very pleased to welcome us onto their land over the weekend. Below is some information and I hope that we get a good turnout and once again raise some money for charity. The 2012 event was in Leicestershire and this time we are heading down to near Poole in Dorset and the South West. Its very close to the junction of the A35 and A350, about one mile west of there, for anyone looking at booking a B&B. There is lots of land to be searched and all of it is steeped in history from the iron Age through Roman, Saxon, Viking and medieval periods. Not too far away from some recorded roman hoards! All of the land is pasture and is strictly ORGANIC, so no nasty fertilizers to erode away any finds that appear from the past.

Friday 8th November – For those hardy types wanting to camp, the farmer has kindly allowed us to use the large walled garden opposite his large Georgian farmhouse. There is hot and cold water in outside taps, plus an outside toilet. The old walled garden looks very inviting and campers can test their machines on there if they wish. All places will be pre-booked, so no entries on the day.
Saturday 9th November – 9.30am registration & briefing at campsite, maps issued, rules explained. The Sat land comprises seven large pasture fields that surround an ancient church in a historic village. Lots of recorded history from all ages. The village has a brilliant pub that has good food and even free wi-fi. You are free to roam the fields all day until darkness descends.
Sunday 10th November – 9.30am registration/briefing as on Sat. This time we have a large expanse of new undetected ORGANIC pasture that is right down to the coastline, an area that has seen roman/saxon and viking invasions. ANYTHING could turn up. The grass here will be cut low for easier detecting. Saturdays detecting land is also available to revisit if you wish.
Pasture detecting has its followers who appreciate the quality of the finds that have not been chopped into fragments by the plough. The ground should be moist and soft.
Cost - £12 per day, restricted to Forum members only. NCMD/FID membership required for insurance reasons. http://fid.newbury.net/html/memlet1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.ncmd.co.uk/membership.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monday 11th November - Time to depart, tidy up and leave by midday.
Numbers – There is a limit of 50 per day.
General rules – Rubbish bags to be carried, holes to be filled in, all good finds to be reported, 50/50 sharing with farmer if items of high value appear. FLO will be in attendance.
How to apply – Send me an EMAIL message on [email protected] and not a Private Message.
I need the following information before I can put your name down;
Your full name
Your Forum Username
What days you would like to attend
Your NCMD or FID membership number if you have it, otherwise by the time the event starts.
Then you need to part with your hard earned cash. I will send you the bank account details to secure your place. I will post up regular lists of those attending.
We will be having a good time in the local pub in the evenings, perhaps a Quiz Night? We will also have a Prize raffle each day at 5pm. Anyone wishing to donate a raffle prize, please give me details and bring them along. I am expecting some overseas members, including a good bunch from Ireland!

Good luck to all, Liam ::g :;@

Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

sxsi

Re: FORUM DIG 2013

Post by sxsi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:53 am

Top man for organising this Liam, and to the kind doner! Unfortunately I'm busy that weekend, but wish you all the best of luck with your hunt!
X never, ever, marks the spot

mcbain

Post by mcbain » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:18 am

Well done Liam for getting this dig organised, hopefully it is as successful as 2012 and raises a lot for charity yet again.
Hopefully everything works out for me and I can make it.
Ger.
One life...make every day count.
Minelab CTX3030

Le rocher

Post by Le rocher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:44 am

Morning,

I've just sent you a PM.

Jason

Le rocher

Post by Le rocher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:46 am

book me a place please and send me the bank details! what the hell lol. im not camping though as I only live a mile away.

Le rocher

Post by Le rocher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 am

I can do all three days!! :))

I know it's hard but someone has to support this!! lol

jason

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:09 pm

It would have been great to have met a few people on the dig,but alas it's too far for me,it is a shame that its not more central but good luck to all those that are going ::g

GeoffBristol

Post by GeoffBristol » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:23 pm

Well done Liam for organizing this forum dig, have sent you an email.
Regards
Geoff
DEUS
SPECTRA 3Vi

rsalvi

Post by rsalvi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Well done for securing and arranging this. I have sent my email and am looking forward to getting a place.

Thanks

Roy.

coil

Post by coil » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:18 pm

well done liam and forum member for organizing dig ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:51 pm

On the way down to run a course in Cardiff, will get on top of all my mail and messages when at the hotel this evening, Good luck to everyone lucky enough to be out detecting this weekend, looks like the last of the good weather, Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

digger360

Post by digger360 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:27 pm

sounds like it could be a good w/e
email sent
minelab CTX 3030
tinitus and a badback

Sportsman

Post by Sportsman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Well done securing all that land, 5 hour drive for me so will be giving it a miss,maybe next time if its a bit more central..
Xp Deus.

My Lucky Underpants

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Its a bit too far for me I would love to attend a forum rally so I could meet some of you guys. One day there may be one I can attend. Well done to you Liam and the team, ::g you do a great job matey.

HAMMERRHOID

Post by HAMMERRHOID » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:35 pm

I would like to attend has Corfe Castle is just down the road good area
HAMMERRHOID
DEUS ,GARRETT PROBE ,
1 sceat
30 hammereds 1 gold 1/4 nobel
12 roman 3 silver denarius 1 republican
2 fob seals
1 silver hawking whistle
5 roman brooches

mole trapper

Post by mole trapper » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Yes please, I would love to attend both days, will send email for comfirmation now.
Regards Jamie

Doyley

Post by Doyley » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:17 pm

Fancy doing this on the weekend I have a beer festival and a birthday p1ss up to attend!!! >:P :( :-&

Have fun diggers!

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Just got into the hotel ... unpacked, teeth brushed, quick shower ... pub around the corner ... 6 hrs drive and feeling thirsty .... I will start on the rally places when I get back in :d! dr:@ .. I think we already have about 25, they will all be done in the order they arrive, still lots of places, Liam :;@ b;>

Philthy Phil

Post by Philthy Phil » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Forum Dig number 2 & for the second time I'll not be attending even if I'm back to detecting fitness..............I'm rostered on shift through that weekend & there's absolutely no flexibility from my employers. If it'd been a more central location It might have been possible to pop down for a few hours at least but this one's way too far from me for that. :(

Good luck to all who attend & I'm glad something was organised in the end, well done to those involved ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g
Minelabbed to the bone!

CTX 3030 with 'a few' coils
X-Terra 505 & many coils
Pro Find 35
2 metal knees
Trusty Zippo

Eagles may soar on high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

NeverWntd2Dance

Post by NeverWntd2Dance » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Me and dad will be attending 98;
Etrac & Laser Hawkeye
Garrett pro-pointer
Aardvark spade
Member of South Yorkshire MDC :)
+ Plenty of hope and enthusiasm 98;

Scott T

Post by Scott T » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Just logged on and spotted this. On a train on my way back from a trip to Edinburgh.
Will have to check calendar when get back tonight. Here's hoping! :D

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Finally finished my days work, will be replying to all the emails asap, can those who have asked to attend, please ensure that you have included your USERNAME as otherwise anyone could be contacting me. I will be confirming applications received and the info on where to assemble on the Friday/Sat/Sun will be sent out a week before the event.
All those who have applied so far have a space, so I will be sending emails tonight, Liam :;@

mole trapper

Post by mole trapper » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi Liam, money sent,
Cheers Jamie ::g

NeverWntd2Dance

Post by NeverWntd2Dance » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Bumpity Bump :)

I will soon be sending confirmation pms to those who have already paid ::g

Laura 98;
Etrac & Laser Hawkeye
Garrett pro-pointer
Aardvark spade
Member of South Yorkshire MDC :)
+ Plenty of hope and enthusiasm 98;

rockape

Post by rockape » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi Liam
Have sent email will pay tomorrow
Looking forward to November
regards
Rockape

Scott T

Post by Scott T » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:50 pm

Email sent, hope not too late!!!

A big well done to all concerned ::g :D :D ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi all, we are about half full already. I would like to publish a list of those who have applied for spaces but I only have usernames for about 30%. I appreciate some members will not want their proper names on show, so please send me a username to publish. The event is for forum members only, so good friends and relatives wanting to come along will need to wait and see if any spaces are left. I also need some NCMD/FID membership numbers, so if you need to get that in place, send me the membership numbers asap. You need to pay within a week for any spaces you have booked, plus get the NCMD/FID numbers to me as well.
Anyone with problems navigating the payments system email me.
My PM inbox is full, so please do not send me messages that could be sent by email - [email protected]. I have been asked to take applications for other detecting events that are happening around the same time ... I have replied back to say that this event is not Maiden Castle for example =)) ... good luck to all, hope your weekend was a successful one. Liam :;@

kopparberg

Post by kopparberg » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:19 pm

oh bugger its the wrong weekend for me just changed one for kims wiltshire rally wont be able to change another one so quick .2 forum digs and gonna miss both of them :(( .have a good one .i know you will
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:37 pm

kopparberg wrote:oh bugger its the wrong weekend for me just changed one for kims wiltshire rally wont be able to change another one so quick .2 forum digs and gonna miss both of them :(( .have a good one .i know you will
Would have been special to have you there, but good luck on the other event, nice to have a choice of events on the horizon for the members, Liam :;@

Donington Mudman

Post by Donington Mudman » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Bit far for me, but well done on pulling it together ::g Hope it's well supported and makes a good sum for the charity. Good luck all ::g :D ::g
DEUS
See my finds here https://imgur.com/a/Ya63r?s=sms

Return to “Rallies Forum”