2017 MDF Forum Dig - SPACES STILL LEFT!

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
liamnolan

2017 MDF Forum Dig - SPACES STILL LEFT!

Post by liamnolan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Its way ahead in the future I know but here are some dates for your diary and a brief explanation of what is planned.
The European Council for Metal Detecting was formed in 2016 in Birmingham and we are now going to hold another Conference in Norfolk in September. The 3 day event will combine detecting and debate and I have decided to merge it in with a MDF Forum Dig. Here are some snippets of information;
Friday 22nd September 2017
Detecting all day for MDF members and local clubs.
ECMD delegates at Conference at the Castle Museum for most of the day.
Saturday 23rd
Detecting all day for all
Sunday 24th
Detecting all day for MDF members and local clubs
ECMD delegates detecting up to 10.30am, Conference to 1pm, then detecting afterwards.

Land should be very good, hopefully a lot of it and undetected, but cannot promise on that. I am working on a minimum of one acre per person. Day 1 might have around 80 acres, Day 2 that same land PLUS another 80 acres, Day 3, all that land PLUS another 80 acres. So something fresh for each day.
Raffle - we hope to get this up and running as before.
Location- "somewhere in Norfolk" More details to follow as we negotiate with farmers.
Camping area will be provided, with portable toilets and camping shower. Planning to have some hard standing for caravans.
Hotels and other accommodation info will be published for our overseas visitors from Bulgaria, Italy, Poland, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, France, Denmark, Croatia, Spain, Ireland, Jersey etc.
Nearer the time if there are any local detectorists who may be able to help out with accommodation, then that will help. I am sure the gesture will be reciprocal.
The proceeds from the detecting will help to finance the work of the ECMD throughout Europe to look after our hobby and create a European Detecting Community. This is an ideal opportunity to meet new friends and perhaps plan some overseas detecting later on.
The ECMD Conference will have some guest speakers, perhaps Michael Lewis of the Portable Antiquities Scheme who will explain how the PAS has been so successful throughout Europe, plus Harry Bain of The Searcher magazine. Non ECMD members are welcome to join the Conference and listen to the proceedings.
Cost will be £15 per day non-refundable. To grab a place all you have to do is say on this thread what day or days that you would like and then make the payment to the following Paypal address;
liam@ukrsa.com Places are only booked when paid for. When you pay, please say so on here and make sure that your USERNAME when paying as otherwise I will not know you have paid. Juniors are welcome, no pets please, even if kept in the car. Usual rules apply, NCMD/FID or other insurance needed, must use headphones.
Please do not contact me via a PM to ask questions unless absolutely necessary as I simply do not have enough time to reply, just ask the questions on here as very often they will be the same questions anyway. I will have missed out some important info already no doubt, so just ask away. Might be helpful if someone on here starts to log who is down for each day and we can keep adding to that.
Over the three days I will need some help on all fronts, taking care of our overseas visitors, transporting people to and from the fields is one and I may have to hire some transport.
So, way ahead in your diary but I hope to meet up with as many of you as possible and have a super 3 day International Rally.
Norwich City is a beautiful place, great for sightseeing and plenty of good pubs and beers!
Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary European Council for Metal Detecting

Mega B

Re: 2017 ECMD Conference & MDF Forum Dig

Post by Mega B » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Liam,very interested in the rally,only thing i would really need to do is find a motel or something like that for the 3 days ::g
Analogue machines with switches and knobs and Concentric coils float my boat,as do Pulse machines.

Nexus MP,Nexus SE,TDI Pro,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Deus and a few others.

fred

Post by fred » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi Liam

I'll be interested in all 3 days too.

Cheers

Fred

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Thanks, we will have camping available if that suits anyone. September prices for hotels etc should be a bit lower than Summer, plenty of places including Travelodge that can be very cheap if booked well in advance. The Castle Museum is a "Must See" place as it has LOTS of local detecting finds, here it is in the PAS film I had made to help the Irish Campaign - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyY-BR2Ji-k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
East Anglia has seen some wonderful detecting finds, Snettisham Treasure, Mildenhall, Hoxne and many others, so plenty still lies awaiting the coil, Liam OooO
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary European Council for Metal Detecting

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Hello Liam, I'm certainly interested in the full 3 day event. Since joining the forum in 2011, this will be the first Forum Dig that I'll be available to attend - hopefully that will remain the case! Looking forward to meeting up with other members and visitors.

Just going to make the paypal payment now - will confirm it here once completed. Many thanks.
Regards Eric (sweepstick47).

EDIT:- Just confirming payment completed. Sent £50 which converts at Euro 55.46.
Regards and many thanks ::g Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

gingerjar1

Post by gingerjar1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:09 pm

I am also interested in the forum dig, for Friday and Sunday in September.. ,,, Do we pay now and fill in application ?? I have tried to go into the info address but cannot get into link.. anyone else finding a problem ?? or just me rl; x;

Machinist

Post by Machinist » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:56 pm

Hi Liam, looking forward to another 3 days camping in Freezing Norfolk :D

Put me down for all 3 days please. I have paid £45 to the ecmd account.

Ray

May be able to help running people about as well.
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:27 am

Will be good to see you Ray! gingernut, you will need a Paypal account and then put in that ecmd address as the person to pay and add a message to say who you are, oce you see the Paypal page its pretty easy to follow, Liam

Giz

Post by Giz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:34 am

HI Liam
I have just paid £45 for 3 days detecting to the ECMD account. Any problems will see you at the next NHRG meeting.

Regards
Graham
XP Deus, Sovereign GT, Explorer XS, Garrett pro pointer, Grey ghost headphones, Lesche digging tool, plastic sand scoop.

gingerjar1

Post by gingerjar1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Thank you Liam.. Just paid for 2 days Friday and Sunday... ;'h rl;

broadsmaster

Post by broadsmaster » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi liam should NHRG members pay through this link or at a club meeting.

regards gordon
deeptech vista smart , minelab explorer se and
fisher goldbug

liamnolan

Re: 2017 International MDF Forum Dig & Conference

Post by liamnolan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi Gordon, best to pay via the ECMD Paypal account as this has been specially set up. Its a strange situation to ask people to pay for land that has yet to be arranged but I will make sure that everyone has some good land for each day.
I will be asking for a bit of help from club members to get everything in place for September!
Several Irish lads have contacted me yesterday to say that they will be arriving and they know their onions re detecting.
Lots of fields to check out before then, Liam OooO

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi Liam
Just paid for 3 days/nights to ECMD PayPal account User name " Rossi "
I will be in a motorhome on my annual trip from NI and hope to attend another dig either the weekend before or after this one
Lookng forward to renewing some contacts

rossi
Last edited by rossi on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CTX 3030
Minelab Pro-Find 25

kopparberg

Post by kopparberg » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:40 pm

hi Liam yes please all 3 days i will get the payment sent as quick as i can ,any help you need just give me a call happy to help
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:00 am

Thanks Graham & Rossi, lots to do in advance but really looking forward to this event, good to have overseas visitors as well, Liam OooO

statbloke

Post by statbloke » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Liam. I'm in for the Friday and Saturday (£30). Will get on PayPal as soon as I can. Looking forward to putting some faces to names. Statbloke. Thanks for organising ::g ::g
Tall bloke with AT Pro, Nokta Fors Gold plus & Pro-Pointer

statbloke

Post by statbloke » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:09 pm

statbloke wrote:Hi Liam. I'm in for the Friday and Saturday (£30). Will get on PayPal as soon as I can. Looking forward to putting some faces to names. Statbloke. Thanks for organising ::g ::g

Just paid the £30 via PayPal
Tall bloke with AT Pro, Nokta Fors Gold plus & Pro-Pointer

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Thanks, all looking good, will be good to meet everyone again, Liam OooO

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi Liam

I'm definitely up for this, like many others - obviously you can't give any details of location, but for those of us who are thinking of looking for accommodation apart from the (assumed) rudimentary camping available close to the site, whether it be local campsites, hotels or whatever - would the location be within say half an hour's drive from Norwich?

Phil
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Garrett Pro Pointer

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:42 pm

Phil2401 wrote:Hi Liam

I'm definitely up for this, like many others - obviously you can't give any details of location, but for those of us who are thinking of looking for accommodation apart from the (assumed) rudimentary camping available close to the site, whether it be local campsites, hotels or whatever - would the location be within say half an hour's drive from Norwich?

Phil
Phil,that exactly the same thing that i am not sure about,cannot do anything about planning for accommodation until we have a more firm idea of location,i am aware that we have some indication that its around the Nowich area and also some indication of land size per day,but the rest of the information is very vague.

I doubt that i will be able too do all 3 days but 2 days looks highly possible ie friday and saturday ;)
Analogue machines with switches and knobs and Concentric coils float my boat,as do Pulse machines.

Nexus MP,Nexus SE,TDI Pro,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Deus and a few others.

Return to “Rallies”