2017 MDF Forum Dig - SPACES STILL LEFT!

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
liamnolan

Re: 2017 International MDF Forum Dig & Conference

Post by liamnolan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi Edward, that's all in order and it was good to chat last night at the NHRG first AGM, a very good meeting and super atmosphere. I will expect you to keep an eye on Giz and stop him finding everything! All the best, Liam OooO
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

Czaradog

Re: 2017 International MDF Forum Dig & ECMD Conference

Post by Czaradog » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi,

I've just paid for 2 days, Fri and Sat. ::g

Paul Garner, NHRG member
Regards

Paul
Deus + 11"coil
If only I could get the dog to dig on command ......... =))

beaumont

Post by beaumont » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi Liam. I will do all three days. Thank you. Beaumont.

beaumont

Post by beaumont » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi Liam. I have now paid £45 via Paypal. Looking forward to it. Beaumont.

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:38 pm

beaumont wrote:Hi Liam. I have now paid £45 via Paypal. Looking forward to it. Beaumont.
Thanks, I have been offline due to a technical hitch, so excuse the late reply. Lets hope the weather holds up for us but there will be a fantastic crowd anyway, never any shortage of beers and wine and someone will hopefully bring along a guitar ::g
The three days will fly and hopefully lots of good finds will have emerged, Liam OooO
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:42 pm

liamnolan wrote:
beaumont wrote:Hi Liam. I have now paid £45 via Paypal. Looking forward to it. Beaumont.
Thanks, I have been offline due to a technical hitch, so excuse the late reply. Lets hope the weather holds up for us but there will be a fantastic crowd anyway, never any shortage of beers and wine and someone will hopefully bring along a guitar ::g
The three days will fly and hopefully lots of good finds will have emerged, Liam OooO
Can bring a decent guitar Liam - question is, can you (or anybody else) play it?

Phil
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Deeptech Vista Warrior
Garrett Pro Pointer

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:14 pm

rl; Unfortunately not ... however I am sure that there will be that 2% who do and the quality of the music and singing improves with the intake of alcohol! Liam B-)

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:23 pm

liamnolan wrote:rl; Unfortunately not ... however I am sure that there will be that 2% who do and the quality of the music and singing improves with the intake of alcohol! Liam B-)
Well if you have a significant contingent coming from Eire you should make it a requirement that they bring a suitable assortment of whistles, fiddles, banjos, squeeze boxes and whatever else to make a night of it :)
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Deeptech Vista Warrior
Garrett Pro Pointer

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:52 pm

They will leave everyone standing ...
I am a softie, here is a track that ALWAYS leaves me with damp eyes, where I was born and sung by the one and only Ronnie Drew - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JrG95HhL2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I look forward to a good sing song around the camp fires and I may even try to learn the lyrics and attempt to sing this song, have NEVER sung anything before!
The Forum Dig will be as good as the people who turn up, so looking back at those who have so far signed up, it will be VERY good, Liam OooO

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:27 pm

liamnolan wrote:They will leave everyone standing ...
I am a softie, here is a track that ALWAYS leaves me with damp eyes, where I was born and sung by the one and only Ronnie Drew - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JrG95HhL2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I look forward to a good sing song around the camp fires and I may even try to learn the lyrics and attempt to sing this song, have NEVER sung anything before!
The Forum Dig will be as good as the people who turn up, so looking back at those who have so far signed up, it will be VERY good, Liam OooO
Must have watched that video a hundred times - and John Sheahan, Barney McKenna and especially Luke Kelly:) Maybe a rewrite titled ' The Fields of Aethelstan' might be in order for this venue?

Phil
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Deeptech Vista Warrior
Garrett Pro Pointer

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Looking forward to a few campfire sing songs ... plus a few cold beers and tall tales of mysterious hoards of gold coins .. plus lots of hammy dances =)) these events are great for making new friendships that will last forever, Liam OooO

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Well said Liam! ::g This will be the first time I've been available to attend a 'Forum Event' since joining the forum community so barring more 'mishaps', I very much look forward to meeting everyone. ::g Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

NeverWntd2Dance

Re: 2017 International MDF Forum Dig & Conference

Post by NeverWntd2Dance » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:19 pm

liamnolan wrote:
NeverWntd2Dance wrote:Can me and dad come? :) xx
HOORAY!!! Last time we chatted you were training to be a nun? Just off out detecting but give me a ring sometime as I need your brains and cunning ways to get this event up and running to best effect, hope Dad is fine? Liam :;@
I'm going to pay later been mega busy :D xx
Etrac & Laser Hawkeye
Garrett pro-pointer
Aardvark spade
Member of South Yorkshire MDC :)
+ Plenty of hope and enthusiasm 98;

NeverWntd2Dance

Post by NeverWntd2Dance » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Just paid for 3 days for the following:
Laura Hobson
Walt Hobson
Daniel Brookfield
Mick Brookfield
Maria Thomas
John Putland

£270 paypal payment xx
Etrac & Laser Hawkeye
Garrett pro-pointer
Aardvark spade
Member of South Yorkshire MDC :)
+ Plenty of hope and enthusiasm 98;

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 pm

Gawd I'd better pull my finger out. Will pay for 2 days - Saturday and Sunday in a few minutes <:-P
XP Deus
6 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 5 in 2017) - and still searching for more :))
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:50 pm

Hurry up Cath .. places filling up and 5 months to go! :)) Laura, are they your entourage, servants etc?
Cath - There will be lots of members wanting to meet up with you for real, thanks for your invitation to look for that lost gold ring, super afternoons detecting, ground was hard but great company, good chat with the landowner, beautiful scenery and you certainly know how to use that Deus ::g . There should be plenty of undetected land available each day and Norfolk has seen some fantastic discoveries over the years. Someone even found an extremely rare 6th century complete Saxon Coptic bowl nearby in a high status grave and excavated by Helen Geake & Co, the finder was an Irish bloke on here =)) Liam :;@

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:45 am

Paid :)) Does that mean the area has been stripped bare :'( (:| =))
XP Deus
6 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 5 in 2017) - and still searching for more :))

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:12 am

ha ha No, there will be some excellent land for you. I have attended rallies that have had good land and some that were a disgrace in terms of being already "done to death" so rest assured that will not happen. When we select the land for a rally we do the Union Jack search pattern, just two of us and for 30 mins, to get an idea of how good the land will be. Nothing will be taken away! Sometimes a field will LOOK great but be barren, so that initial test is very important. This will be a super social gathering but we also want to have top class land for detecting.
I have already started visiting some farms and chatting with landowners and collecting all the info.
Liam :;@

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:38 pm

LOL I was joking :-* But if your fellow Irishman has had all the hoards I shall be very disappointed ;) . Mind you I'm finding nothing at the moment so, in reality, anything will do. Oh and if you need any help let me know. I can't detect for 8 hours a day so delighted to help make tea, direct traffic or something else for a few hours.
Still only had a small shower of rain in nearly 2 months and the ground is now cracked and it may as well be concrete because you need a jackhammer to dig up anything. Looking forward to a nice bit of sandy soil to play in :D
XP Deus

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Yes I know the 'look great but be barren' land very well 8-} ,':(
XP Deus

Return to “Rallies”