Charity dig Wymondham Norfolk 20-23 Sept DOGS ALLOWED

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
Tom91

Re: Charity dig Wymondham Norfolk 20-23 Sept DOGS ALLOWED

Post by Tom91 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Junior wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:26 pm
Any news on how it all went ?
Thursday night was an interesting experience. Everything went a bit chaotic at about 3am when I could hear tents either collapsing or people roping things down, followed shortly by half of my tent falling apart. Friday was windy, Saturday and today were a lot calmer.
Some nice finds came up, I'll post mine later this evening. Not the highest quantity of finds I've seen, but I've been on far worse.

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:39 pm

u;@
Junior wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:26 pm
Any news on how it all went ?
Ditto.

A lot of MDF members were at the charity Rodney Cook Memorial rally near Cirencester this weekend so the MDF presence here might have been limited. However, as with ALL charity events, I hope it went well and raised a nice sum for the charity.

Feedback earlier in the thread was positive so if that was the case on the day that has to be good news, then it just comes down to luck in walking over the finds, but when charities are involved often a nice amount in support of a good cause matters more than an individuals finds.

Evan

Buriedbytime&dust

Post by Buriedbytime&dust » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Tom91 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:07 pm
Thursday night was an interesting experience.
Wasn't it just! :-O My bivvy held firm, but I got very little sleep anyway, because of the noise of the wind/rain. My neighbours' tent was destroyed, as were a couple of others.

Finds-wise, there were some very nice ones indeed on display. Nothing good came up for me, nor my two mates that also attended (with the exception of one spectacle buckle), but it was very enjoyable nonetheless, and very well organised too ::g

Jungle

Post by Jungle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:02 am

Nice write up in the winter edition of Haemophilia Society magazine which arrived today. Looks like it was the top fundraising event, well done all.
DEUS 9" Elliptical, 9", 11" and 13" coils, MI-6, Propointer, WS4 x 2, 2nd shaft (Upgrade path:- F75+Sunray, X-terra-50)

Return to “Rallies Forum”