Live in the UK ? Dont buy a ACE350 Buy the Garrett EUROACE

Topics related to Garrett metal detectors here, off topic posts will be removed. Garrett Videos
digger360

Re: Do you live in uk dont buy a Garrett ACE 350 BUY EUROAC

Post by digger360 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:44 pm

i have been following this thread with interest as i own a euro ace but i don't think i'm really qualified to comment much as i have only ever had a few hrs playing with my mates minelab explorer before buying my own machine
i have now manged up untill the frost to clock about 12hrs with it finding a few bits and pieces ......we have been out together and my mate goes in front of me and when he's found something he calls me over to find it (he already has a good idea what it is ) and then i have to pinpoint it and dig it if i think its worth it which is good pratice when blindfolded as i have to listen to the tones and not look at the screen as he reckons it will make me a better dectorist or he could just be winding me up
is it worth the extra money compared to a 250 or buying a 350 ? from the usa i can't comment but so far i'm happy with the euro ace and my mate reckons its a good machine for the price
hope this helps

minelab CTX 3030
tinitus and a badback

satdaveuk

Post by satdaveuk » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:21 am

Its worth the extra money if they just changed the colour, that yellow is so toy looking, :P

HAHA

Only playing of course B-)

Dave

Wansdyke44

Post by Wansdyke44 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:39 am

bulldog wrote:....their is some difference from the ace 250/350 the coil for one ,this coil can be fitted to the ace 250 but at a price
I don't want to pour more fuel on the fire that this thread may be turning into. But, in my ignorance of many things technical. Tell me this and tell me no more - How could a ***250 be able to adequately use a coil designed to be used on a 350? I can't see any advantage in having a coil not designed for use with another model. In other words it can't be backwards compatible can it?
In the Zone with the Garrett carrot!

My Finds Gallery

Wansdyke44

Post by Wansdyke44 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Thanks for the dumbing down OJ, most appreciated. OooO

My Finds Gallery

jasoni

Post by jasoni » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Doubt very much they differ at all apart from the display. I phoned and spoke to garret with regards to the diffrence between the at pro and international. Both machines are the same apart from the coinage display and one has cm's for depth, the other one has inches. They also explained the iron scale on the display has a bigger range on the at pro {usa version].

garrett ace 350

Re: Live in the UK ? Dont buy a ACE350 Buy the Garrett EUROA

Post by garrett ace 350 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:16 pm

i have one [a Garrett ace 350 yank one} set it on zero and if there is anything down there it finds it,i think, it loves pull tabs. nowt good yet,a few pre decimal,gone all the air testing,i need a buddie to comper it with and mybe put it on youtube so you all can see. anyone

Wansdyke44

Post by Wansdyke44 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:58 am

furriner wrote:Is it just me or is this thread getting a bit off the rails?

Has anyone actually tried one ofthe machine mentioned?
Can anyone get a comment in without mentioning the *** 250/350 or even the company *******s?!

I reserve judgement on the new machine, the presets and mineralisation could well be an issue (read the comments of Blackadder and Old Jeffers - they know what they're talking about - no sarcasm intended). Has anyone actually had a bad experience of one of the machines or nearly did? (in which case they didn't?)

Remember, hate leads to the dark side... according to the jolly little green, big eared thing.
Well put furriner.
We're all enthused with the same exciting hobby. All using various makes and price detectors. But most of us are happy with the kit we use, have learned what it will, won't do and don't spend £100's swapping machines every five minutes because we've not found a hoard of gold.

Enjoy your hobby! But if you are thinking of getting a machine, or a second machine read up on decent reviews and make a decision based on sound advice. :D

My Finds Gallery

satdaveuk

Post by satdaveuk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Have any of you here actually contacted Garrett technical and ask them the differences, sure would be a good thing, because unless im reading this post wrong, I dont think any of you know what your talking about 8-} lol.

Dave

Lennon4080

Post by Lennon4080 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:20 pm

yep, im using a euroace, and i think its not bad for the price, never owned a 250 so cant compare it to that! it gives good depth and it loves finding silver :) although it really does'nt like Power Lines, it really spits its dummy out and has a Tantrum if you go near them lol
Garrett EuroAce

garrett ace 350

Post by garrett ace 350 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:23 am

furriner wrote:Is it just me or is this thread getting a bit off the rails?

Has anyone actually tried one ofthe machine mentioned?
Can anyone get a comment in without mentioning the *** 250/350 or even the company *******s?!

I reserve judgement on the new machine, the presets and mineralisation could well be an issue (read the comments of Blackadder and Old Jeffers - they know what they're talking about - no sarcasm intended). Has anyone actually had a bad experience of one of the machines or nearly did? (in which case they didn't?)

Remember, hate leads to the dark side... according to the jolly little green, big eared thing.
ive got one and will let you know, i need it proper air and ground testing, been out about 22 hours in all and still learning, :-/

Gwawrer

Post by Gwawrer » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:48 am

My lovely Ace 250 found a Roman Denarius of 32BC. XX Ace 250 XX I love you x.
Its better out of the ground and in your hand for the history or monetary value rather than left in the ground to rot doing nothing for anyone.
Member of Cheshire Metal Detecting Society
In love with Mr Deus for ever.

AndyMelvin06

Post by AndyMelvin06 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:18 am

I've used both the Ace 250 and the Euro Ace. With the larger coil, the Euro seems more sensitive but similar results were found when I put the larger coil on the Ace 250.
The bottom line is that we could argue the pros and cons all day. Both are good for the money and the only real difference (imha) is the way the readout looks to us on this side of the pond. Would I pay the extra not to have nickels and cents on my display? Nah, I'd put the difference towards the propointer or better digging tools. Learning the subtle differences in signal sound your machine makes takes practice and this wins out every time over any minor changes the manufacturer made for different markets. This is just my opinion and I'm no expert. All the best, Andy.
The geek shall inherit the earth.

garrett ace 350

Post by garrett ace 350 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:45 am

Being out about 120 hours with the bee (garrett ace350), no gold YET, couple of old tanners,loads of pound coins,spent them.

The thing i like about this machine is that you set it on gold and silver mode and give a area a quick sweep to see if there anything intresting there first, than i put it on coins mode or a choose of a few settings or set it to your own settings,if theres anything down there ,this finds it.

So just to make it clear this is a Garrett Ace 350, it is not the euro350, 250 or 150 and theres nothing wrong with it working on uk soils or sands, as all my Can pulls and coins will show you.

This is my first machine and all i seem to do is dig targets, but with a garrett pin pointer probe,its so much quicker, i find a target with the Ace350, then the probe usally finds it, if its less than 4in deep before digging,than dig.

Im glad i never read this " DONT BUY A ACE350 " before i got mine , it would of put me off, for sure, but now id put it against any detector now.
its the bees knees, and im buying the new stealth light for it, so it can be used at night or just detect in silance using a led light which flashes on targets,with out the binging and bonging sound all the time, ill let you know when the gold starts coming out the ground.
Last edited by garrett ace 350 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holagaz

Post by holagaz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:13 am

I bought the Euroace after reading lots of reviews and speaking to a well regarded company, who explained all the differences and improvements - and definitely did not try a hard sell. In the first month. Found some really interesting stuff - including a Roman grotesque and an Elizabeth 1 hammered and a James II half penny.
Very happy with the machine, and Garrett, on the box and in the manual, very much hammer home that machine has been calibrated for European soil mineralization, which is different to American.
No complaints with the machine, but I do feel it is very basic, although nobody tries to say it is anything other than a very good starter machine. Sold it to a friend now and have a Goldmaxx Power, which I love already.

garrett ace 350

Post by garrett ace 350 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Been out yesterday and today, got a farm to do now, i got 2 very small old buttons (about 10mm) with an anchor on them with 3 stars across the anchor with H.T & SONS on the back,anyone know anything about them? please, two coins, a 1934 penny and my first silver a 1872 half shilling good condition, a bullet and loads of scrap, done about 8 hours there now, got about a year left to do, than start again, hopefully some more intressting finds, a hammed i hope.
i dont think there any thing wrong with it (me ace 350), soil and callabrations and all that, ive been pinpointing with it and not been double holeing much and there getting smaller, them pro pin pointers are a god send,( if you tape a bit of metal or a coin, on the side of the propointer, just before it virbrates and buzzes, it gos deeper to about 4in and i use this on top first before digging and find things a lot easy this way, i found the penny this way,
the farmer is plowing the field next week it s been fallow for years,is that good or bad ? i think good, as the bottom 9 in is on top.let me know. cheer ill let you know if out else CUMS UP,i think its great this hobby and me ACE 350, CANT WAIT TO GET OUT TOMMORROW,

brianws11

Post by brianws11 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 pm

have the ace 350 and have no problem with it if you look at my posts you will see the items i have found my best is a sarated denarius.
did here that the frequancie is different to the euro ace but i have no issues with it i still find the differnt items.
i do stand to be corrected though

brianws11

Post by brianws11 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:07 am

i have the ace 350 and have no problem with it if you look at my posts you will see the items i have found my best is a sarated denarius.
did here that the frequancie is different to the euro ace but i have no issues with it i still find the differnt items.

garrett ace 350

Post by garrett ace 350 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:50 pm

brianws11 wrote:i have the ace 350 and have no problem with it if you look at my posts you will see the items i have found my best is a sarated denarius.

nice one m8, i thought i was the only one with one in the uk, have you been out with other detectors and compered it ? i have not yet.
i carnt really fault it,just no gold yet,lol. me and you should have a garrett ace 350 rally :)) .

LEE PARKS

Post by LEE PARKS » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Just wondering if anybody has reached any conclusion on this subject ?

norfolksquit

Post by norfolksquit » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:05 pm

LEE PARKS wrote:Just wondering if anybody has reached any conclusion on this subject ?
Hello Lee, I have used the 250 and the Euroace, prefer the 250 prob because I used that 1st and got used to the tones, both machines will tell you if there is a target to be had, personally I would not lose any sleep about worrying if bought wrong machine, both are capable machines IMHO.

I have also used a Saxon SM40 (now SM45) & currently also have a Cscope 3mx in addtion to the 250, both these British machines are brill and produce a sharp tone and pinpoint is amazing. Got my 3mx for £95 s/h on the bay ;-)

Feel free to ask me any questions Lee/Guys....
Currently Using: Equinox 800 - Cscope 1MX

SMIFF

Post by SMIFF » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:09 am

I know this will not contribute too much to the should you buy a 350 or the Euro question
but as both have factory set ground balance,metric scale for the euro, imperial scale for the 350,along with Iron scale differences you should buy to suit your location.

How can they possibly get ground balance settings spot on for America or Europe, they can only average it out and to be fair it is not an upper end detector so "ish" will be good enough.

I own a Euro and have just added ground balance to it and I am very happy with the ability to set ground balance, to early to say if it is a massive change but it does see deeper.

so far 2 outings with it and 2 whole silver Hammys my first in my 9 months of using the Euro.

that said if it's not in the ground your not going to find it and if your unit don't see it your not going to dig it up.

Return to “Garrett Forum”