garrett ace stem wobble

Topics related to Garrett metal detectors here, off topic posts will be removed. Garrett Videos
hardtail

garrett ace stem wobble

Post by hardtail » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi again as i now have the 9x 12 fitted to my ace ive noticed much more stem wobble x; is there any mods to do to tighten it all up ,on a plus side ive applied some 3m carbon fibre viynl from ebay to the whole stem to protect it from the the wire marking the shaft and for general scratches in the field and it looks bob on for the couple of pounds spent ::g

garrett ace 250
9x12 coil
6x9 coil
garrett pinpointer

Wansdyke44

Re: garrett ace stem wobble

Post by Wansdyke44 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Got a 9x12 for my 250, but don't use it that much unless I want to cover large areas fast.

If you keep your swing speed down it will help. But you could also try getting some large "heat shrink" and applying it to the joint area around the stem. It would mean you are at one fixed length but it would stop the wobble.

Good luck!
W [:)
In the Zone with the Garrett carrot!

LanceB

Post by LanceB » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:49 pm

This seems to be a general issue with the Ace 250. I'd be tempted to make the tube joints more permanent if you can, as once you've got the length right there's no real need to change it. Shrink wrap, tape around the joints or taping the male ends of the tubes to get a tighter fit.
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Deteknix XPointer
Eternal Optimism!

hardtail

Post by hardtail » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:43 pm

ive solved the problem as ive brought the middle upgrade stem with the camlocks which has transformed the machine making it feel very solid ,also managed to hop on a lathe and make a 2.5" extension for the arm cup its feels great now to use and dont get the fatigue now typical as i brought the detector easy swing as well x; .
garrett ace 250
9x12 coil
6x9 coil
garrett pinpointer

Return to “Garrett Forum”