ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

A little help with my AT Max please

Topics related to Garrett metal detectors here, off topic posts will be removed. Garrett Videos
Hawkeyes

A little help with my AT Max please

Post by Hawkeyes »

I am running the new AT Max Detector and getting very good results so far with plenty of finds good and bad, but have come across an annoying problem that has got me at it on several occasions.
The land has had for many years and still has horses on it which probably ads to the ground being mineralised.
Now to give you the full picture the ground is very mineralised so much so it is brain frying to use all metal mode although I can distinguish targets it is just a bit frustrating but with a bit of tinkering the discrimination modes all work well with custom and zero being most favoured usually with discrimination set at 30, full sensitivity and threshold at +1.
After digging a target and before re filling the hole I like to double check the spoil and the hole just in case of another target, on swinging the coil over the hole I’m getting a solid not to be ignored signal but no matter how deep I go the signal is still sounding and showing maximum depth and between 60s and 90s so then I start widening the hole but the signal is still sounding loud and strong its not until I can get the coil short swinging in the bottom of the hole that it changes to a none dig able signal or goes away,
Now being relatively new to detecting I have nothing to judge this problem with so my questions are, is it the mineralised ground making this happen or is this looking like an AT Max issue ??
Garrett AT Max, AT Pro Pin pointer and being in the right place at the right time ::g

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Garrett Forum”