help laser power max ground adj modification

Please only post topics here related to metal detecting tips and tricks & D.I.Y
scratchy

help laser power max ground adj modification

Post by scratchy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:16 pm

help please need some info on how to put a manual ground balance on a laser powermax , as it is quite an old detector i am doing this myself and used to soldering ect ,i have emailed pentechnic but they have not returned my email, any help welcome see pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweepstick47

Re: help laser power max ground adj modification

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Hellos scratchy, Little wonder you received no reply from Pentechnics, I'd say it's because they are known for carrying out such modifications themselves at reasonable cost ::g Regards ss47 ::g
A disservice is no service at all.

Koala

Re: help laser power max ground adj modification

Post by Koala » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:07 pm

I don't recognise the PCB there are various versions of the Tesoro Silver Saber which is basically the same machine.

Schematics are easy to find by Google. Fairly easy to back track to the correct potentiometer cut it out, attach three wires and add a multi turn replacement of the same value on the front.

however after running a Bandido for a couple of years with a ground balance added I wouldn't expect much improvement. Plus if you go too far from a basic setting it becomes unstable or certain targets such as large silver gets missed.

At the moment I am using a Fisher 1265X which I haven't bothered to add a ground balance. Its worked fine at factory settings in Cheshire, Shropshire and Norfolk.

Return to “Tips & DIY Forum”