ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Handy finds recording & mapping app

Please only post topics here related to metal detecting tips and tricks & D.I.Y
Jason5223

Handy finds recording & mapping app

Post by Jason5223 »

Over the weekend I found and started playing with a little app I downloaded free in the iPhone apps store. It is not designed for metal detecting finds but lends itself to it very well.

It lets you plot all your finds on a google style map and give a different colour pin for each type of find. You can also write a brief find report and add a photo.

It is a nice little app and let's you see an arieal view of your permissions and the consentration of finds and types of finds.

You can also sync the info with a website and see your results on your pc or iPhone. You can add the finds from either the iPhone or the website.

Just a note that the site is not working well on I.E. browsers but works well with chrome or Firefox.
I am told they will fix the I.E. shortly and make this available on Android shortly.

Just search for Pin Drop in the apps store. Their website is pindropapp.com

Here are some pics of the app. ( sorry mods for the amount of pics but they are very low res)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MINELAB X-TERRA 705
GARRATT PRO POINTER
"Once you locate an object you need to find it in the soil dug from the hole. The best tool for this is your buddy's pinpointer.  If your buddy does not own a pinpointer suggest that he buy one."

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Tips & DIY Forum”