UPDATED Re-sizing pictures

Please only post topics here related to metal detecting tips and tricks & D.I.Y
Oxgirl36

UPDATED Re-sizing pictures

Post by Oxgirl36 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:35 pm

NOW WITH A SIMPLE RESIZING TIP (HACK) AND A NEW RESIZER APP RECOMMENDATION

Remember on this forum your pictures should be a max width of 600 pixels and height of 850 pixels . You may need to re-size your pictures to meet these requirements. There are lots of options to resize your pictures. A hack and three of the more popular ones are below.
There’s a website (any device including ipads and other tablets or computer), an app for smart devices ( phones and tablets) and Microsoft Paint for personal computers.

Note there is also a maximum file size of 300KB so do remember to check you are still inside this file size limit after resizing the photo!

The hack
Upload your photo the Facebook (if you have an account) then re-save the Facebook picture and it should be resized and reduced in KB to within our maximum limits :D

If you don’t want to bore your friends with it just adjust your Facebook settings on that picture so only you can view it. Then you can delete it of course too! Thanks to JonMalco who reminded me about this tip ::g

Website option
Go to ‪http://www.picresize.com‬

1.Chose your picture from your library
2. Press continue
3. On the next page that comes up scroll down to 2. Resize my picture where you’ll see a box that says 50% smaller. Click on the arrow to the right of this box and change to custom size.
4. In just the width box put in 600.This is the maximum allowed on this site. It’s important you don’t change both or your picture will be distorted!
5. Press I’m done resize my picture button.
It’ll do it’s thing.
6. Save it.
7. If using an ipad or tablet then view the picture (not save it). Once opened do a long press on the newly resized photo and a box offering you the option to save will come up. Save it. It will save as the last photo in your main photo file on your ipad

Microsoft Paint

1. Load the picture and crop it to get a close up of the item (if required) using Select then Rectangular Selection
2. Click Resize, and here's where it'll stop your image being distorted...
3. Click Pixels instead of Percentage
4. This forum has a max of 600 pixels so look at the horizontal and vertical pixel count it gives and reduce the larger number (vertical or horizontal) to 599 but make sure the Maintain Aspect Ratio box beneath the pixel count is ticked!
5. Click Save and that's it.

For a more detailed guide, with screenshots go here.

The app option

Download ‘image size’ - free (with adverts) or £3.99 without. It is super easy!
67209A64-816D-4EF3-9270-A76B5E16F4FF.jpeg

Here's a video to give you a step by step guide to using this app

Forgot to say thank you to thefiggis for the Microsoft Paint guide and SteveT for the more detailed one on the link. ::g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 14 x;

Oxgirl36

Re: UPDATED Re-sizing pictures

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Re-sizing guide for ipad users

1. Download an app called ‘Image Size’ - see the photo for what the icon looks like below (circled 1) - it’s free with adverts. Or it’s £3.99 if, like me, they send you mad and you want it advert free - I use it a lot so the cost was worth it for me.

2. Just put ‘600’ into the width box (do not touch the height one - let it do it’s thing)

3. Go to the top right symbol circled 3. You chose from your photo from your photo library.

4. Then you press the bottom less down arrow icon (circled 4) and it saves it.

You are then done :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 14 x;

Return to “Tips & DIY Forum”