ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Handmade sand scoop.

Please feel free to post topics about metal detecting sand scoops here.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Scoops
Emily

Handmade sand scoop.

Post by Emily »

So I thought I’d be creative in obtaining a sand scoop, as the official detecting ones are a little pricey....I made it out of a snow shovel which is made of VERY thick plastic and is very robust. I then shaped it and drilled some holes.

It’s not perfect, but I’m quite pleased with it. :) What do you all think?? Will it do the job??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live long and prospect 🖖🏻

Easylife

Post by Easylife »

You'll find out when you use it, but it does match the car well. :D
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

Emily

Post by Emily »

Easylife wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:29 pm
You'll find out when you use it, but it does match the car well. :D
Well if you don’t colour coordinate, what’s the point?? 😝 Haha.
Live long and prospect 🖖🏻

AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Only problem I foresee is that you cant rattle and shake it and keep the find contained like a conventional scoop and you may have to wait for a long time for the sand to run through the holes, its not really going to work on anything other than perfectly dry sand either. Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

allmetal

Post by allmetal »

Nice work it looks bit more like some of the plastic shovels that detectorists use down under you could drill more and larger holes make them just bit smaller than 5 pence coins and you have already kept your holes away from structural strength areas.

Only other thing you could do maybe is to use paint stripping gun near the bottom of the shaft to heat it up enough to bend it to change the angle of the spade end, The less bending over you have to do the better to save your back.

Then it should be likely good for dry sand areas.

Return to “Metal Detecting Scoops”