Evolution Pro Scoop Type R - New Scoop for 2015

Please feel free to post topics about metal detecting sand scoops here.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Scoops
Rhoco71

Evolution Pro Scoop Type R - New Scoop for 2015

Post by Rhoco71 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:02 pm

Evening All

We have introduced a new scoop for 2015 to our existing line up.

It is based on the very popular Pro Scoop which we have sold all over the Uk as well as to Norway, Spain, France, New Zealand etc

As popular as it is we have been told that it is a fairly heavy scoop at 1.8 kg but the overall product was excellent for working in rocky, stony areas due to its design.

We didn’t want to replace this scoop as there is obviously a market for this size so we developed the New Pro Scoop Type R.

This is 40mm shorter and 15mm less in height than the Pro but keeps the same width at 150mm.

Overall measurements are 310mm long x 125mm tall x 150mm wide.

The holes have been changed to a hexagon and made slightly bigger and where possible more have been added. MDF Special price here - Evolution Pro Scoop Type R

The material has been kept at 2mm - 316 - marine grade stainless as we don’t think 1.5mm is up to the job and have seen some of the cheaper ones sold elsewhere that use this thickness distorting very badly.

With all these changes we have managed to get the weight from 1.8kg down to just under 1.5kg so nearly a 20% weight loss.

This product will fit nicely between the 360 scoop and the Pro and should offer an option for all types of detecting and weight requirements.
The shaft connector stays the same allowing fitting of all shafts from a standard broom type handle of 29mm used in conjunction with the sleeve or 32mm without through to a max of 42mm dia used by fitting a coach bolt through the shaft and 3 rear holes.
There is then the 2 stainless steel options we offer as shown above.

MDF Special price here - Evolution Pro Scoop Type R
Last edited by Rhoco71 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evolution Solutions Detecting Products...
oderint dum metuant

Danzigman

Re: New Scoop for 2015 added to the product range

Post by Danzigman » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Nice work and Scoop serie.. ::g
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

NeverWntd2Dance

Post by NeverWntd2Dance » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Looks the business ::g 98;
Etrac & Laser Hawkeye
Garrett pro-pointer
Aardvark spade
Member of South Yorkshire MDC :)
+ Plenty of hope and enthusiasm 98;

sweepspeed5

Post by sweepspeed5 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Does look very good & a reasonable price;shame I don't do any beach detecting.

Machinist

Post by Machinist » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:21 pm

That looks just the scoop I need. As I mainly do beach detecting I have recently been coming around to the idea of getting a scoop. I have used spades for the last 25 years but age is causing a rethink of my beach retrieval methods the Pro is far to heavy and the 360 just does not look right, don't ask me why but all those years on the beach give me a gut instinct that it is not right for me.

I hope that Crawfords are going to stock it as I have a £150 tab with them, thanks to the MDF Christmas draw, that I have not spent yet :D

Great work from you guys at Evolution on keep improving your products ::g

Ray
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

Rhoco71

Post by Rhoco71 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Appreciate all the comments guys ::g :D

I will be listing them on here tomorrow at a slightly cheaper price than elsewhere as usual ,and would encourage any sales to come from the auction site but as the voucher was won on the MDF raffle I don't think mrix will mind me saying that, Yes they will be available from Crawfords.

Craig has already got an order in and will be taking some late next week.
oderint dum metuant

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Looks another fine edition but what will it be called ?
Thanks
mrix
edit just noticed Pro Scoop Type R

sweepstick47

Re: Pro Scoop Type R - New Scoop for 2015

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:04 am

I can see this becoming popular with beach hunters. Another well designed/manufactured piece of kit. Made for detectorists by detectorists which in my view is a guarantee it will cut the mustard. ::g ss47 (Pro Scoop user).
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Rhoco71

Post by Rhoco71 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:58 am

Now listed on the forum auction site ::g

MDF Special price here - Pro Scoop Type R
oderint dum metuant

neverneverman

Post by neverneverman » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:31 pm

Think this is going to be a popular Scoop, Very surprised how much lighter this is. Fits well between the Pro and 360.. ::g

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:31 pm

I have been using the evolution 360 scoop at my local beach recently on wet sand and it really does make the digging side of things so much easier, especially how it removes a nice sized plug of sand!, almost all targets are retrieved during the first dig! ::g B-)
I honestly would no longer wish to metal detect at the beach without a long handled scoop! they really do enhance the experience, cannot wait to dry it on dry sand during the warmer dryer months B-)
Normally with a hand scoop I would have to constantly keep Kneeling down scan the hole kneel back down again repeat the process but with these long handled devices you pretty much locate and retrieve the target as explained on the first dig ::g
I have also just added my stainless steel shaft with D Handle so it will certainly last out my life time.
Really liking the look and weight of this new type R scoop ::g B-)
Cheers
mrix

Kmarsh

Post by Kmarsh » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:13 pm

Cannot fault my 360, used here and Spain. do like the in between one though, wonder if its the same volume as the 360. ?
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro.
Makro Racer.
Minelab Excalibur.

Rhoco71

Post by Rhoco71 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:14 pm

Kmarsh wrote:Cannot fault my 360, used here and Spain. do like the in between one though, wonder if its the same volume as the 360. ?
Craig from Crawfords did some volume tests and I think the Pro was 4 litres of media against the 360's 3 litres.
Basing the Type R on 20 reduction in size I would be confident of 3.2 litres so just over the 360 volume :D
oderint dum metuant

Scottie

Post by Scottie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Was about to buy the 360 when this came out which upon comparison looks the better match for the beaches I am seeing over here in Northern Ireland.

One of my customers is a farming wholesalers so thanks to a post I read on this site, must have been in the forum on scoops, I will match it with a 'Hayfork' shaft made from Ash http://riddel.co.uk/web-khxc/khxc-publi ... &ref=DM554

I'm 6' 3" so the short (well to me) looking handles will have my back broke. Will send a picture when I have it put together.

Kmarsh

Post by Kmarsh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:37 am

Rhoco71 wrote:
Kmarsh wrote:Cannot fault my 360, used here and Spain. do like the in between one though, wonder if its the same volume as the 360. ?
Craig from Crawfords did some volume tests and I think the Pro was 4 litres of media against the 360's 3 litres.
Basing the Type R on 20 reduction in size I would be confident of 3.2 litres so just over the 360 volume :D

Thanks for the Info Rhoco.
Wal.
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro.
Makro Racer.
Minelab Excalibur.

Pav

Post by Pav » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:06 pm

I like the look of this because ;

A) I hate the tube attachment for handles. When my handles snap they always break at the tube and then I have a real job to extract the broken handle left in the tube.

B) I have difficulty locating handle of the correct diameter with out putting a sander to it.

So I am tempted by the Type R. I am however also after a lightweight. Compared to the 360 what's the weight difference now with all your latest modifications?

Also I have some carbon tube with a decent wall available so planning on using this as a handle. I have access to some 27mm, 35mm and 46mm diameter. Even the 27mm is strong and rigid although ergonomically the 35mm feels more comfortable. I will see what feels right but in practice will the R type adapt to each of these diameter rods without modification?

Sorry for the extra questions, but £100 is a big spend when I already have a stainless scoop. It's just yours looks like it solves some issues I have had with my current scoop.

Thanks.

Rhoco71

Post by Rhoco71 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Pav wrote:I like the look of this because ;

A) I hate the tube attachment for handles. When my handles snap they always break at the tube and then I have a real job to extract the broken handle left in the tube.

B) I have difficulty locating handle of the correct diameter with out putting a sander to it.

So I am tempted by the Type R. I am however also after a lightweight. Compared to the 360 what's the weight difference now with all your latest modifications?

Also I have some carbon tube with a decent wall available so planning on using this as a handle. I have access to some 27mm, 35mm and 46mm diameter. Even the 27mm is strong and rigid although ergonomically the 35mm feels more comfortable. I will see what feels right but in practice will the R type adapt to each of these diameter rods without modification?

Sorry for the extra questions, but £100 is a big spend when I already have a stainless scoop. It's just yours looks like it solves some issues I have had with my current scoop.

Thanks.
Hello Pav

The 27mm carbon tube should work fine with the supplied adapter as this works with 28mm wooden shafts.

The 35mm won't go between the legs of the U bolts so you would need to fix through the tube and use the holes in the rear.

Same with 46mm but I feel this is getting a little bit big on the diameter to be comfortable.

If I was going to use this method on carbon the I would suggest a short insert of wood to stop the tube splitting from drilling and fixing for the bolts.

I had been looking at a carbon tube of 31mm o/d with 1.5mm wall I think it was and was playing around with the idea of inserting a broom shaft through the entire length as I though this combination would be extremely strong and light.

Steve
oderint dum metuant

Rhoco71

Post by Rhoco71 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:30 pm

Sorry missed the bit about the weights.

At the moment the 360 scoop and the Type-R are both just under 1.5kg.

However on the next batch of 360 scoops onwards that we are working on now the weight is going to be nearer to 1.2kg as I have revised the hole pattern and managed to get in approx 36 more holes.
oderint dum metuant

Pav

Post by Pav » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Have now been able to order a Type R. :D

Now need to deposit these in my paypal account :-/

neverneverman

Post by neverneverman » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Nice few Quid there . ::g :D

Rhoco71

Post by Rhoco71 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Pav wrote:Have now been able to order a Type R. :D

Now need to deposit these in my paypal account :-/
=)) =)) You weren't joking when you offered pound coins instead of paypal =)) =)) ::g
oderint dum metuant

neverneverman

Post by neverneverman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:53 am

That's a nice pile of Coins there ::g

Pav

Post by Pav » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:02 pm

I have been collecting the £1 coins for the R Type purchase and then found I had to pay via PayPal!

The R Type scoop arrived yesterday whilst I was out. It was left with my neighbour. Having been disappointed by couriers leaving things on door steps recently I was pleased that this courier handed it to a neighbour for safe keeping ::g .

Well packaged and looks great! Surprised how light it feels. Probably the weight of my wife's supply of shampoo and hair conditioner she takes on holiday so I see no argument when we next go on holiday.

I already have a sand scoop but this one is so I can experiment with some thick walled carbon shafts I have acquired which are really light but seem super strong. The thing I look forward to most is not getting broken shafts stuck down the tube attachment that you find on most other sand scoops.

neverneverman

Post by neverneverman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:19 pm

I'm glad it got to you safe and sound ::g May it help find lots of bling .. :D

Pav

Post by Pav » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:09 pm

I will add some photos eventually but some feedback for now;

When I saw the photo of this scoop I wanted one as I could see a massive advantage in the way the handle is attached. No more broken shaft ends stuck in a tube! It was also clear that it would accommodate all sizes of handle so gave me something to play with as I have some thick walled carbon tubes to play with.

The tube I have started with is a fraction thinner than standard broom handle. The U bolts supplied did not have a long enough thread to tighten down on to the tube without the plastic tube supplied but I found some with a longer thread (no stainless, so when I know exactly what is required I may message you) which worked well. It is super light weight!

I tested tonight during the lightening storm. Really pleased with the strength of the carbon tube and the scoop works really well. The scoop is a bit narrower than I am used to having a monster sized scoop already but it was wide enough without having to use pinpoint mode.

I have yet to hit the rocky ground but have no concern re. The scoop. I am interested to see if the carbon tube is up to it. It's a top quality scoop and friends with an engineering background have all commented on its build quality. Also when I have asked "how much £" it is clear this is good value.

::g

Return to “Metal Detecting Scoops”