ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Evolution sand scoop: How tight should nuts be?

Please feel free to post topics about metal detecting sand scoops here.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Scoops
Privateer

Evolution sand scoop: How tight should nuts be?

Post by Privateer »

Hi All,

Just taken delivery of my new Evolution Solutions Type-R sand scoop and mid point grip. I've found a wooden handle that nicely fits the plastic sleeve (and the and mid point grip). So far I've tightened the nuts on the bracket on the Type-R scoop with a spanner to hand tightness. The handle seems firm.

I think that the nuts would tighten slightly more but I'm worried about damaging the scoop and perhaps the wooden handle.

Can you over-tighten the nuts?

So how tight do you tighten the nuts so that no damage is done to scoop or handle but so that the handle stays firm for use in water?

Many thanks.
Robert.

Rhoco71

Post by Rhoco71 »

We started fitting a stronger U - bolt quite some tome ago so you should be fine to give them a good tighten.

If you get them hand tight and it is gripping the shaft then a half turn with a spanner should see them secure. ::g
Evolution Solutions Detecting Products...
oderint dum metuant

Privateer

Post by Privateer »

Hi Rhoco71,
Rhoco71 wrote:If you get them hand tight and it is gripping the shaft then a half turn with a spanner should see them secure. ::g
Thanks for that. I think that I've tightened them a little tighter than a half turn with a spanner so I'll leave them as they are.

Can't wait to try the scoop out ... hopefully my wife and I will be going to a beach on Wednesday to try out the Minelab CTX 3030 that I've recently bought.

Thanks,
Robert.

Pav

Post by Pav »

its a bomb proof sand scoop!, one of my best buys.
I have a thick wall carbon fibre tube for my handle salvaged from industry. The combo will just not let me down. So much better than the tube fixtures found on other scoops ::g

Return to “Metal Detecting Scoops”