ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Black ada sand scoop | are they good?

Please feel free to post topics about metal detecting sand scoops here.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Scoops
stejens

Black ada sand scoop | are they good?

Post by stejens »

I was thinking of picking up one of these for scooping out wet beach sand, usually I use just the evoloution dagger to dig out a clump, and use to have the Garrett plastic one but they where only good for dry, are the black ada scoops pretty good for the job?, on wet.

Steve B-)
Xp Deus & Nox 800
Garrett Carrot
Roughneck Micro Shovel / Evolution Dagger
Best finds: Lionheart Hammy - Medieval Seal Matrix - Gold/Silver Tudor Hat Pin.

Steve B-)

My YouTube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/stejens1 l;/

usarfireman

Post by usarfireman »

They are good but heavy to use on wet sand I ended up getting a two section long handled sand scoop much easier to use.
XP Deus, Garrett AT Pro International, Xpointer, Makro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer, Minelab Sand Scoop, Deteknix Rechargeable LI Wireless Headphones for Garrett AT Pro

Machinist

Post by Machinist »

They are a well made tool but only good on the dry sand, you will struggle digging a deep hole on the wet with one. I started out with an early version 27 years ago and it soon got chucked in the back of the shed.

For years I used a boarder spade but now have a Evolution 360 sand scoop, not cheap but if you are doing beaches regularly well worth the cost in saved time and effort digging.

Ray

Addendum: Just noticed my Avatar is me using a Black Ada spade on the beach after I had given up on the scoop, I switched to the bigger border spade after starting to use a PI machine on the beach. If you are wondering the machine I am using is a Garrett AT4 and the photo was taken by the wife in 1990 :))
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

stejens

Post by stejens »

Machinist wrote:They are a well made tool but only good on the dry sand, you will struggle digging a deep hole on the wet with one. I started out with an early version 27 years ago and it soon got chucked in the back of the shed.

For years I used a boarder spade but now have a Evolution 360 sand scoop, not cheap but if you are doing beaches regularly well worth the cost in saved time and effort digging.

Ray

Addendum: Just noticed my Avatar is me using a Black Ada spade on the beach after I had given up on the scoop, I switched to the bigger border spade after starting to use a PI machine on the beach. If you are wondering the machine I am using is a Garrett AT4 and the photo was taken by the wife in 1990 :))
I'm likely to get a 360 in the near future, they do seem rather good, thought I would check on the black ada as a cheapish usable tool to get me by until I pick up the evo 360, all my funds for now being chucked into getting the deus :)

Blimey Ray that is an old picture then, I could kind of tell though with that full flock of colorful hair =))
Xp Deus & Nox 800
Garrett Carrot
Roughneck Micro Shovel / Evolution Dagger
Best finds: Lionheart Hammy - Medieval Seal Matrix - Gold/Silver Tudor Hat Pin.

Steve B-)

My YouTube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/stejens1 l;/

vikingwarrior

Post by vikingwarrior »

Vi have just bought a small black Adda shovel and I hate it, it's probably not gonna get used again to be honest
V.W
One day Rodney we'll be millionaires...
X-TERRA 705 + GPP
Best finds to date:
Bronze Age chisel
Silver propelling pencil seal
1 silver ring
1 lizy hammy
41 silver coins
7 bronze rings
1 Queen Anne coin
4 William 3 silver coin
William 3 silver love token

Machinist

Post by Machinist »

stejens wrote: Blimey Ray that is an old picture then, I could kind of tell though with that full flock of colorful hair =))
Yes the hair has suffered over the years as you saw at the last forum dig :( Also what you can not see is that the original picture has my young children playing in the water close by me. They are all married now and one has 5 children of here own. :D

Ray
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

Return to “Metal Detecting Scoops”