NEL Sharpshooter - XP Goldmaxx Power. & Finds

Please post any topic here related to metal detector search heads, Coils.
Bargeman

NEL Sharpshooter - XP Goldmaxx Power. & Finds

Post by Bargeman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:19 pm

Having bought my XP GMP with the standard 9" coil, I quickly realised that a larger coil would be useful when detecting on the pasture fields I had available to me, and so it proved to be, and some decent finds came my way using the Tornado. I also have a couple of small marshland paddocks to detect, these are situated right beside a very busy A road, on one side, and the south west main Paddington to Penzance mainline railway, as well as the Kennet and Avon canal on the other. So as you can imagine, these paddocks are littered with trash, both modern and very old, and are difficult to detect for this reason.
And although I have tried hard to get to grips with the paddocks, I have always thought I was missing some finds, and so it has proved to be. So I once again contacted Regtons, and a new NEL Sharpshooter was fast winging its way to my door. Now this is a small coil just 9.5" x 5.5", but don't let that put you off, as it punches well above its weight as I was about to see.

I finally got a chance to try out the Sharpshooter, in a short after work session this evening, made even shorter as the batteries finally ran out of steam on my GMP 60+ hours, well done XP ::g So having parked up, and clambered through the fence, I switched on and started swinging, nice and slow, remembering that the coil is only small. Well I hadn't gone more than a few paces when I got a mixed hi/low signal, which I decided to dig, and out from the same hole came a Victoria 1886 Farthing, and a rusty nail, as can be seen lower right of the picture below.

I mentioned above that the paddock adjoins the mainline railway, well this was originally the GWR Great Western Railway, and I have hoped to find railway related relics, well you can guess how happy I was when my next signal resulted in this 1900's GWR uniform button from deep down.

The little NEL was doing a great job so far. next I dug three .22 bullets in a row, close to a hedge that still holds plenty of rabbits.

The last two signal were the small pewter button, and the strange lead something, both top left of the picture. But as my batteries had failed, I decided to call it a day and head home.

So first impressions of the Sharpshooter coil are very positive, it has amazing target separation, and very fast response time, I am not saying my other coils would not find these signals, but if they did I never heard them before. This little coil just works, and if you see me at a dig, and fancy having a swing with the Sharpshooter, just ask. :-/

BM [:)
XP Goldmaxx Power + 9" coil & WS2 & WS3 wireless phones
NEL Sharpshooter & Tornado coils..

Rutus Alter 71 & two Coils
CTX 3030 with 11" & 17" Coils

Bargeman

Re: NEL Sharpshooter - XP Goldmaxx Power. & Finds

Post by Bargeman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:24 pm

What a difference a few days of warm weather make, took the Sharpshooter back to the paddock this evening, and the grass has shot up, so time to give the paddocks a miss, as the farmer asked me not to dig once the grass starts growing.
XP Goldmaxx Power + 9" coil & WS2 & WS3 wireless phones
NEL Sharpshooter & Tornado coils..

Rutus Alter 71 & two Coils
CTX 3030 with 11" & 17" Coils

Mega B

Re: NEL Sharpshooter - XP Goldmaxx Power. & Finds

Post by Mega B » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:33 pm

Some interested finds and nice also to have a varied selection as well,dont own or use a GMP but i do own and use for some time the Sharpshooter coil on both a T2 and also a Trident11 Extreme,both do exactly the same as you have found with that coil,have used the SS coil on the T2 for a couple of years infact i use it instead of the stock coil.

NEL coils are my favourite aftermarket coils,have a few of them,but the 2 that i use the most are the Sharpshooter and the slightly smaller Snake coil,great for not only trashy site but also in between the stubble rows when the crops come off.
:(

Return to “Metal Detector Coils”